[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Franana wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if I could put in leech into the build but here is my POB and I'm wondering where I could improve.

https://pobb.in/x-U_ks7kR8mj

Your build is pretty much minmaxed to a point where I don't see much potential in improving it, well done! (Did you actually use the guide to come that far? I'm pretty sure no one else managed to push it that close to minmax, at least no one who was vocal about it :D)

Edit: You could add a jewel that gives you immunity to Corrupted Blood which opens a suffix on your life flask, but that's a marginal improvement.

In regards to leech: Since the build is a DoT build, there's not much you can do about leech, but the new mastery that provides life recovery per Withered stack leans somehow in this direction, although this is only beneficial if you kill monsters.

I did use the guide to set a baseline on crafting most of the gear so thank you for that! I've done a little more tweaks and improvements to the build making it more tankier! Here's the new PoB https://pobb.in/Y6z9I9qqBmeV

And in terms of damage does the Chaos Damage Over Time Cluster medium Cluster Jewels better than the projectile damage you have in your guide? Also, is the "Taunt on Projectile hit" really needed to proc the Conqueror passive?
New plyer here, looking at starting to build my mid game bow.
How important (if at all) is attacks per second for the bow?
"
Ddthorn wrote:
1. I crafted the bow following your guide and it was amazing and easy to follow, i was wondering if you could do the same things for the rest of the gear. if its possible. im having trouble finding anything relevant that could help without spending 300 divs lol

a) It's great that you have the bow, but in order to actually benefit from it, you have to have an Empower Support Level 3 or 4.
b) The endgame items & crafts section contains detailed information about acquisition and crafting for each item slot. That being said, the other items can't be crafted as deterministically as the bow.

"
Ddthorn wrote:
2. Other than one ring/amulet/quiver/quiver/and gems. how do make the build better? even though i am ok clearing t16. i some times get one shot.

You already listed 5 sources of power by yourself. I mean ... that's a starting point, no? Check out both the milestones section and endgame items & crafts section (again), the information is already there.

To pinpoint some things I saw when I checked your PoB:

a) You are not Fire Resistance capped
b) You are not Chaos Resistance capped
c) Your bow is nice, but as long as you don't use an Empower Support Level 3 or 4, you don't benefit from it that much
d) Your body armour has a bad implicit
e) Your body armour has the wrong craft (you want to have "#% of Physical Damage from hits taken as Fire/Cold/Lighnting Damage)
f) You don't have any level 21 gems (use Vaal Orbs on your level 20/20 gems)

Just to name a few.

"
Ddthorn wrote:
3. Is this build not good for doing the hard bosses? i have trouble fighting people like Karina from Betrayal and things like the invitations since they all move all the time. it takes me a very long time to kill any high Hp Elite mobs and bosses. no sure what im lacking.

The build can deal with all bosses comfortably, but the Uber bosses (like most builds). You currently have 1.7M DPS which is only about less than a half of what the build can do with little investment (and you already have the bow which is one of the highest investments of the build), so you have plenty room of improvement. I recommend reading the information regarding damage scaling (again), especially the part on how you can increase damage by increasing gem levels.

"
Ddthorn wrote:
4. is my tree ok? what do pieces should i work on for the very late late game. i beieve my bow is fully finished other than 26% quality and crucible but idont evne know how to deal with that or whats good lol.

I repeat myself, but ... the information you are looking for is pretty much already there ... you just have to read and understand it :D The endgame basics section, the endgame milestones section and the endgame items & crafts section have pretty much all answers to your question(s).

"
Ddthorn wrote:
Thank you so much. this guide has helped a lot

Thanks, really appreciate it!
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 25, 2023, 5:54:43 AM
Thank you for the quick response but i forgot to ask one more question. What do you think are the best nodes for the new crucible mech for the bow and this build. im gonna start leveling random bows to see if i can find any good ones and i want to know what i should be looking for.

Thanks again.

Currently working on getting a empower lv3 23 quality gem!
"
Sorry if this has been asked or if I missed it in the guide but I'm having issues understanding the aura's I should have active by end of act 3.

I'm starting act 4 (lvl36) and have the bow made so I'm switching over from melee. There's no details about what aura's to drop, except vitality if I'm having mana reservation issues (I am).

Per the guide; end of act 3 you talk about adding malevolence (46.3% reservation) (swap for herald of ash) and determination (46.3% reservation) but that's on top of herald of purity (23.15% reservation) (you don't mention getting rid of it in the guide) so that's 115.75% mana reservation and it's not possible. I have the two smaller passives in reservation mastery in my passives.

Just looking for clarity on what auras I should be running because I'm really hurting in the mana field.

I really appreciate the guide; I'm enjoying the build. It's been easy to follow as someone who is new to the game and where other guides don't explain everything.

1. Malevolence, if already available which is dependend on your campaign progress

FYI: The guide states "You can buy Malevolence from Siosa in The Library in Act 3 after completing the quest A Fixture of Fate. Until then, use Herald of Ash instead (you should already have this gem)."]

2. Determination

FYI: The guide states "Use Determination as soon as possible BUT ONLY if you already have picked up small node on your skill tree next to ‘Charisma’ which proves ‚8% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency‘ …AND if you have an Enduring Mana Flask"

3. Vitality, if enough mana (either in terms of reservation or in terms of using skills)

FYI: The guide states "With increased gem level, Vitality requires increased mana reservation. While Vitality can be benefitial, it’s not as important as having other auras active. Therefore – in case you struggle with not having enough mana to cast skills or to activate other auras named by this guide – don’t hesitate to get rid of Vitality. It’s not that crucial."
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 25, 2023, 9:53:49 AM
"
Dazzaa88 wrote:
New plyer here, looking at starting to build my mid game bow.
How important (if at all) is attacks per second for the bow?

Hey, attacks per second (=attack speed) matter which is why you want to use a Thicket Bow base (or Short Bow base, but due to its lower itemlevel it can't roll all modifiers).
"
Ddthorn wrote:
Thank you for the quick response but i forgot to ask one more question. What do you think are the best nodes for the new crucible mech for the bow and this build. im gonna start leveling random bows to see if i can find any good ones and i want to know what i should be looking for.

Thanks again.

Currently working on getting a empower lv3 23 quality gem!

I actually didn't play Crucible yet, so I can't provide first-hand experience, but I know the following mods are all available (and can even be on the bow at the same time as you can see here):

- +1 to Level of Socketed Bow gems
- #% increased Attack Speed
- +#% to Chaos Damage Over Time Multiplier

Additionally, check out the 'Understanding how to scale damage with this build' section to see more potential beneficial modifiers.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 25, 2023, 10:03:55 AM
"
Franana wrote:
And in terms of damage does the Chaos Damage Over Time Cluster medium Cluster Jewels better than the projectile damage you have in your guide? Also, is the "Taunt on Projectile hit" really needed to proc the Conqueror passive?

In order to know the exact numbers, you have to import the Chaos Damage Over Time Clusters jewels into PoB, but the combination of Repeater and Shrieking Bolts (which you can't get on the DoT cluster jewels) outperforms other variants - at least to my knowlegde.

PS: Don't underestimates the 8% attack speed which Repeater provides (that's sometimes overlooked)

The 'Taunt on Projectile Hit' on the jewels is not needed in general, since Conqueror has an inherent taunt effect.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 25, 2023, 10:21:59 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Sorry if this has been asked or if I missed it in the guide but I'm having issues understanding the aura's I should have active by end of act 3.

I'm starting act 4 (lvl36) and have the bow made so I'm switching over from melee. There's no details about what aura's to drop, except vitality if I'm having mana reservation issues (I am).

Per the guide; end of act 3 you talk about adding malevolence (46.3% reservation) (swap for herald of ash) and determination (46.3% reservation) but that's on top of herald of purity (23.15% reservation) (you don't mention getting rid of it in the guide) so that's 115.75% mana reservation and it's not possible. I have the two smaller passives in reservation mastery in my passives.

Just looking for clarity on what auras I should be running because I'm really hurting in the mana field.

I really appreciate the guide; I'm enjoying the build. It's been easy to follow as someone who is new to the game and where other guides don't explain everything.

1. Malevolence, if already available which is dependend on your campaign progress

FYI: The guide states "You can buy Malevolence from Siosa in The Library in Act 3 after completing the quest A Fixture of Fate. Until then, use Herald of Ash instead (you should already have this gem)."]

2. Determination

FYI: The guide states "Use Determination as soon as possible BUT ONLY if you already have picked up small node on your skill tree next to ‘Charisma’ which proves ‚8% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency‘ …AND if you have an Enduring Mana Flask"

3. Vitality, if enough mana (either in terms of reservation or in terms of using skills)

FYI: The guide states "With increased gem level, Vitality requires increased mana reservation. While Vitality can be benefitial, it’s not as important as having other auras active. Therefore – in case you struggle with not having enough mana to cast skills or to activate other auras named by this guide – don’t hesitate to get rid of Vitality. It’s not that crucial."

I think you are misunderstanding my question, and didn't read my post. I already explained in my initial post I meet all that criteria.

My question is how am I supposed to have Malevolence @46.3% reservation, Determination @46.3% reservation AND Herald of Purity @23.15% reservation at the same time starting Act 4. That's over 100% reservation and as such, not possible. Were these 3 auras previously a flat mana reservation and not a percentage like they are now?
"
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"

2. Determination

I think you are misunderstanding my question, and didn't read my post. I already explained in my initial post I meet all that criteria.

My question is how am I supposed to have Malevolence @46.3% reservation, Determination @46.3% reservation AND Herald of Purity @23.15% reservation at the same time starting Act 4. That's over 100% reservation and as such, not possible. Were these 3 auras previously a flat mana reservation and not a percentage like they are now?

There's no simultaneous use of Malevolence and Herald of Ash. You use Herald of Ash UNTIL you have Malevolence (and get rid of Herald of Ash once you use Malevolence). Easy as that ;) (That's why it says "Until then, use Herald of Ash instead").
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 25, 2023, 10:52:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info