[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

To use grace you need a helmet with "8% reduced Mana Reservation of Skills"
But that modifier has been removed a few leagues ago

How should we go about using grace?
"
FineousReese wrote:
wow, love the detail in this guide! it's awesome :)

question about gear, gloves specifically, what's the thought behind hydrascale rather than dragonscale as a base? also, are there reasons to rule out Gripped Gloves other than they have no armor? last regarding the modifiers, the PoB late endgame gloves look to have 4 suffixes - chaos multi, fire/cold/chaos res. is that from a fire/chaos benchcraft or similar?

i've been playing various versions of TR the past couple leagues and even tried a TR champ after watching a Ziz video for Scourge, but your guide is hands down the best to follow.

Hey, great to hear that you are enjoying the build and the guide. Regarding your questions:

- Dragonscale is a better base and there can only be 3 suffixes, of course. It's the first time I am setting up a PoB myself, so please excuse the inconvenience. I updated both. You can find the new Pastebin here.

- Gripped Gloves provide "% increased Projectile Attack Damage" which benefits on hit builds, but the Chaos DoT doesn't benefit from it at all.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 15, 2022, 4:51:08 AM
"
DeathEscaped wrote:

Unfortunately, you are misinformed in this regard. The modifier still exists. As described in the guide, you can guarantee to get it by using either a Screaming Essence of Loathing (5-6%), a Shrieking Essence of Loathing (7-8%) or Deafening Essence of Loathing (9-10%) on a helmet.
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
DeathEscaped wrote:

Unfortunately, you are misinformed in this regard. The modifier still exists. As described in the guide, you can guarantee to get it by using either a Screaming Essence of Loathing (5-6%), a Shrieking Essence of Loathing (7-8%) or Deafening Essence of Loathing (9-10%) on a helmet.

That's "increased mana reservation efficiency", it's different than "reduced mana reservation of skills", basically not as strong as the reduced mana reservation

One more thing, in your POB you don't have the top-right part of the skill tree like you do in the picture on google doc, not even having ghost dance, at what point should i switch over to your POB one?
Update - 15.02.2022 - 10am

- There has been quite some feedback from new players who have struggled with sustaining mana and sustaining mana flask charges. In order to make the build/guide as new player friendly as possible the skill tree has been updated and now includes optional mana and flask related skill tree nodes. You can check out the new skill tree here Additionally, the skill tree options in the endgame section have been updated accordingly. The PoB has also been updated accordingly and can be found here.

- The SSF loot filter has been updated. You can download the newsest version here (or can find the editable FilterBlade here)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 15, 2022, 5:20:49 AM
"
DeathEscaped wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
DeathEscaped wrote:

That's "increased mana reservation efficiency", it's different than "reduced mana reservation of skills", basically not as strong as the reduced mana reservation

One more thing, in your POB you don't have the top-right part of the skill tree like you do in the picture on google doc, not even having ghost dance, at what point should i switch over to your POB one?

It basically does the same thing for this build and it works (you have to have an Enlighten, of course - as stated in the guide and the PoB)

As stated in the respective PoB skill tree (check the naming of the skill trees at the bottom) you switch to the "final" one when you have your cluster jewels.

In terms of Ghost Dance ... you pick this as soon as you use Grace AND you have a body armour with ‘Gain #% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield’ (again: as stated in the guide :)).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 15, 2022, 5:20:21 AM
Hi again! Could you take a look at my character and say what would be the next steps to become stronger? Thanks!
"
luiz1220 wrote:
Hi again! Could you take a look at my character and say what would be the next steps to become stronger? Thanks!

- Quality on all gems of your main & secondary skill setup (check the guide)
- Bow (check the guide)
- Enchantment on your bow which provides 'Quality does not increase Physical Damage / 1% increased Attack Speed per 8% Quality (Harvest craft)
- Rings (check the guide)
- Unskill the Bow Mastery node near 'Avatar of the Hunt' & unskill both nodes at 'Fury Bolts'; invest these 3 points into 'Wasting'
- You can optionally unskill both Life Mastery nodes on the left side of the tree (if you feel that you have enough defense / flask charges) and invest these 2 points into base life nodes
- Get Chaos Resistance wherever possible (you CAN get 75%, but aim for 0% as the first step)

Other than that, your build looks pretty decent with 3M+ DPS and you are already at the stage of min-maxing things.
How about Clarity?

(I have started to test, and so far works. My Vitality is level 15 and it seems to be enough (for even level 20 BloodRage(?)). My mana: total 716, reserved 680, free 36. Ballista costs 30 mana (5-link). Clarity currently is level 15. My mana regeneration is 42.)
(And I picked up "Clarity has 100% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency" mastery.)

(And, by the way, what about picking some mana regeneration passive tree nodes? (2 step from "Art of the Gladiator"))
Last edited by Jhssutrx on Feb 15, 2022, 2:53:40 PM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
luiz1220 wrote:

- Quality on all gems of your main & secondary skill setup (check the guide)
- Bow (check the guide)
- Enchantment on your bow which provides 'Quality does not increase Physical Damage / 1% increased Attack Speed per 8% Quality (Harvest craft)
- Rings (check the guide)
- Unskill the Bow Mastery node near 'Avatar of the Hunt' & unskill both nodes at 'Fury Bolts'; invest these 3 points into 'Wasting'
- You can optionally unskill both Life Mastery nodes on the left side of the tree (if you feel that you have enough defense / flask charges) and invest these 2 points into base life nodes
- Get Chaos Resistance wherever possible (you CAN get 75%, but aim for 0% as the first step)

Other than that, your build looks pretty decent with 3M+ DPS and you are already at the stage of min-maxing things.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info