Microsoft is acquiring Acti-Blizz...Holy #$%&!

https://www.xda-developers.com/microsoft-is-acquiring-activision-blizzard/

I've definitely got thoughts, but can't quite sort them yet.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2022, 7:32:05 PM
deal done, $68 billion

See if they'll clear out the trash and start improving things.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
deal done, $68 billion

See if they'll clear out the trash and start improving things.

Nah, they're gonna want to recoup that investment. The internal company's culture may improve but for gamers there will be a lot of microtransactions and dumb things like NFTs in the future.
With Microsoft owning Bethesda, ActiBlizz, its own extensive studios and perhaps even EA maybe, it could easily become the biggest gaming company on the planet if they manage to actually spin all those companies multi-billion dollar IP's into successful new games. It would need to score wins with most of them though, just one or two successes wouldn't be enough. If they buy out EA and Ubi as well, then the Gamepass easily becomes the best value proposition in gaming.

Oh and they can also afford to buy out TakeTwo Interactive. And Sega. Imagine if gaming becomes a triopoly, utterly dominated by Sony, Microsoft and Tencent? :O

Well I suppose Nintendo would still be pottering about somewhere fwiw...
Koteck got 375 mil for this. Business in the shitter, he wins anyway. That board of him must really be happy - such gains after such negligence. And that Phil and him all buddy-like having long talked about this kind of option, just stating that in the open.

Oh well, nothing new there.

Perhaps Tencent should just acquire Sony and bombard the market like Microsoft sold XBOXes under cost price. Buy Twitch? Pump Square.

It's WAR!

(lol, just messing btw, sorta)

Did you try turning it off and on again?
The only thing I hope for is, that Microsoft takes care of all those good IPs that lay to waste at Irvine.

A new Starcraft or Warcraft title, maybe something crazy like... mhm an RTS game.
Even something totally stupid like giving the Warcraft(or Diablo) license to another studio like Obsidian to make an awesome single player RPG would be great at this point.

Dunno, just something more than what Blizzard is doing with those IPs at the moment.
I think they were more interested in the Candy Crush cash cow than they were the flailing mess that is WoW or Diablo.

If they brought back old style Warcraft RTS remastered to the specs of remastered AOE II, I have no trouble getting on board with that. Most of us cut our teeth on Warcraft and listened to our orks backtalk as we sent them to do various and sundry chores.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
I think they were more interested in the Candy Crush cash cow than they were the flailing mess that is WoW or Diablo.

If they brought back old style Warcraft RTS remastered to the specs of remastered AOE II, I have no trouble getting on board with that. Most of us cut our teeth on Warcraft and listened to our orks backtalk as we sent them to do various and sundry chores.

I agree that they arent as interested in the current Warcraft or Diablo games.
The IPs however are worth alot if managed well.

Maybe not as much as Candy Crush, but who knows.
To this day I'm still mystified by Candy Crushs' continued success. When there's so many better mobile games available, how does that relic continue to win out?
My expectation:

More deep cleaning of the nasty peeps.
Golden parachutes for top execs.
Games continuing pretty much as normal.
Украина в моём сердце

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info