Frequent Disconnects (An unexpected disconnection occured)

Starting this league, it seems that I get disconnected quite frequently. I don't sense any kind of pattern, I can go 30-45 minutes without a disconnect and then some times it'll happen every map I enter.

I have tried to switch my internet connection from my wired to wireless and also tethering to my cell phone with no change. I've also attempted to use a VPN to see if that helped, but again no change.

The only way to resolve this, temporarily, is to close the game and re-launch. Are there any known issues related to random disconnects? Are there any tools or other troubleshooting I can do to help diagnose this issue?

Is anyone else having similar issues, or had and corrected it?

Thanks in advance!
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2023, 10:20:41 PM
"
StevenHolt wrote:
Starting this league, it seems that I get disconnected quite frequently. I don't sense any kind of pattern, I can go 30-45 minutes without a disconnect and then some times it'll happen every map I enter.

I have tried to switch my internet connection from my wired to wireless and also tethering to my cell phone with no change. I've also attempted to use a VPN to see if that helped, but again no change.

The only way to resolve this, temporarily, is to close the game and re-launch. Are there any known issues related to random disconnects? Are there any tools or other troubleshooting I can do to help diagnose this issue?

Is anyone else having similar issues, or had and corrected it?

Thanks in advance!

Please make a 300+ packet WinMTR report against a instance IP you got DC from.
Also what PoE gateway are you using to login and what others have you tried ?

Don't use Wireless with PoE because the netcode isn't really made to handle that.

Are you using Vulcan as rendere ?? If yes, did you remember to set texture to medium ??

Also try to run the GGG program called "packcheck.exe" as "an administrator".

Lastly start the game as "an administrator".
Thanks, I did go through the troubleshooting and found that I was getting a high percentage 65% drops at my ISP on one of its hops, so I switched to a different VPN provider and re-ran the winMTR test and had 0 packet loss.

I haven't had any disconnects since i swapped, but I have a new problem, which may be unrelated....

Now... My Latency spikes from low 30ms to 180-200ms every other second. The ingame latency graph looks is just constantly up and down on latency. The variation causes stutters and jumps, not "lag" exactly... but annoying none the less.

Thanks @hansolodk For your help with the WinMTR, i forgot about that.
The "An unexpected disconnect occurred" message is a generic error message and is not limited to connection problems.

You can also receive this message when your instance crashes, this is where everything is fine with the connection, the server etc, but just due to how the game is programmed, something happens with certain combinations of skills, talents mods, monster mods, instance mods, league mechanic that the instance can't deal with and crashes, the game then boots you to the login screen with the same message as you are receiving.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
can you enter the old map portals after the server kicked you and you logged in again?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 14, 2022, 5:30:33 AM
THIS!

experienced the same problem for a couple years now since there's only one ISP in our area and can't transfer due to rona...
turns out there was a bad hop when i checked with WinMTR and I only needed to get a VPN all this time while suffering/gambling if i can finish uberlab or not..

THANK YOU SO MUCH @StevenHolt and @HanSoloDK!

Good Hunting Exiles! ^_^

Fix your game ggg why is this hard closing on Xbox during the league mechanics once or twice per hour. Man, talk about ruining the experience. You then log back in With an auto loss. As if the league mechanic was t hard enough already.
The hard disconnects are on top of five second stutters where the game freezes and then sprints you across the screen often also resulting in character death. I honestly enjoy this game so much and the lag is completely ruining what would be my favorite game. I don’t understand this level of lag besides bad servers. Please change this I know this isn’t just me dealing with it I see all types of posts regarding this.
GGG we not asking much - just want to play game smoothly and without DC's.

Fix your damn servers.

Invest money in them.

I dunno.

Yeasterday i have like 7-10 Dc's in 30 min of play during evening highest steam players online.

Today when i was playing at daytime for 8-9 hours straight i get 0 Dc's and maybe few small lag spikes.

Don't tell me that its my ISP - its work perfectly in any other game, and during PoE day-time.

Things are only getting worst while more concurrent players occur the game during evening time and holidays.

That's mean problem is in your servers stability.
Same here ! Pretty annoying tbh !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info