Former PoE supporters: what have you been spending on?

+?
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
+?

I removed a whiny post.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Translation: [Removed by Supporter]
-----------------------------------

12k to fix broken machinery,
made me question why i support civilisation.
Should have gone Rogue, claim f..k-it everyone else stays at home and buy a whipping chair instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Dec 18, 2021, 10:07:30 AM
"
Hope its value doesn't sink.

Eh? Eeeeeh?

Eeeeeehhhh.

Don't worry, these tend to not lose value, if you sell'em midterm :) The sum of brand and quality guarantees it.

If it could ease your mind, I will hold the LEGO's bookstore soon being the booknerd that I am.

"

Signed books are a funny thing. I have my share but for me they are mementos of having to meet the author in order to get rhem signed. So it's less about the signature and more about everything it signifies I guess. But in this case you are talking about a historical treasure, which is something else entirely. My dad has some boxing gloves *apparently* signed by some famous pugilist but I honestly couldn't tell his signature from anyone else's. And they're not exactly hanging on any of his walls or on a display case so I have my doubts. What he does display are little figurines from his various trips home to China, from that time back when that didn't sound like such an unthinkable notion. Again, physical reminders of an experience I suppose. Of no value to anyone but ourselves.

What sucks is when that experience sours and the power of these mementos shifts from inducing fondness to conjuring unpleasant memories. In some cases it's just a matter of discarding the items, but typically the transition from treasure to trigger is a complex one. This is the downside of being someone who attributes experiences to relevant items. I always assumed everyone did it but apparently there are some folks who don't get sentimental about 'things'. I suppose they have a much better memory for their own life events than me. (My memory for trivia and various 'focus subjects' is a whole other room in an otherwise dilapidated library.)

Experiences are experiences and indeed don't necessarily need itemizations to remind us of them. Most items I hold do not have any sentimental value. I know a few things which will become very sentimental when my dad dies.

I might edit this post later.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Dec 18, 2021, 11:52:41 AM
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
+?

I removed a whiny post.

*hug* Your restraint is appreciated, but in equal measure is my concern you had to show it.

---

Twas just a pun, Reinhart. I'm sure the value is fine, however one defines the word.

---

Keeping this on topic, I bought three things yesterday. First, an electric hand mixer: Wife wants to make some cakes for xmas, and for some reason we have been doing this shit by hand for like ten years. Second. a nice big meat order from our local butchers, which they delivered around four hours later -- sure, it's just down the road but still. Lastly, a Japanese alt fashion dress the wife has been eyeing for months and thought would be, in Lolita parlance, "a fucking bloodbath" once released. Sadly couldn't surprise her with it since I am far too low level to survive that particular raid.

Speaking of, I really should cancel my XIV sub until we start playing again once the Oceanic data centre opens. So glad we aren't dealing with the Endwalker shitstorm...

___

I WILL NOT BUY THE STRANGER OF PARADISE COLLECTOR'S EDITION. I WILL NOT BUY THE STRANGER OF PARADISE COLLECTOR'S EDITION...

Okay so I really want it -- tshirt, art book, script...but it also comes with a Vinyl LP with a handful of tracks and I'm like whhhhhhhy. When did these jump from unabashedly hipster to relatively mainstream? Gross. Have people really forgotten how awesome CDs were as a replacement? Just the sound of those plastic cases flipping against each other from rapid browsing evokes insanely strong memories...

I dunno. Maybe vinyl really does sound that much better but to my ears it isn't quite as jarring as say CD/FLAC quality vs some muddy low bitrate mp2 abomination.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 22, 2021, 10:33:52 PM
"

---

Twas just a pun, Reinhart. I'm sure the value is fine, however one defines the word.

---

No offense was meant. It is just with current rates of inflation, I am just spreading my cash into several different assets, lego being one of them.

In your case I would just get the stranger of paradise collector edition.

I know I had to spoonfeed my sister when it came to a christmas gift that doesn't cost too much. I hate doing this; ruining the surprise but if they deliberately ask, o well. First time getting a D&D boardgame. Could have asked Gloomhaven or Descent but these board games take too much time to setup and the actual game requires too much accounting to keep the entire family interested.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Dec 19, 2021, 5:54:21 AM
Spoiler
"
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
+?

I removed a whiny post.

*hug* Your restraint is appreciated, but in equal measure is my concern you had to show it.

It felt like I needed to show it, it was early morning/late night depending on where you are and I re-read it and found it to be "not in the spirit of the thread".
This is a tough time of year.

Thank you, as always.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Dec 20, 2021, 11:48:42 AM
The pennies I spent on PoE I dont notice. I made like 20K off diablo in good ole days of RMAH...I came here when they canceled it. every game i play is free from now on. D3 money still in my paypal and it's like 19,452... They would get a lot more if they didnt try and use so much and make a bloated assed game. PoE is really feeling effects of time like an old shoe with shoe polish. Need some PoE2 for me to start buying again.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 20, 2021, 11:40:17 AM
GGG needs to get smart. Sure "Donations" are cool - like an old lady outside Walmart for salvation Army -I'll drop a buck in there just to get her to shut up for and stop ringing the bell 15 seconds. AKA nusance. But if she wanted real money she'd not let me in Walmart to buy golf balls or whatever until I paid $10. GGG needs to make wanted content and not let ppl in unless you pay.

Real AH
RMAH
Real trade at least.

I play SSF all gen 3 because they so pathetic with trade - you can buy dope easier than a map in POE. and all they get is minimal donations like Salvation Army lady ringing bells.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 20, 2021, 6:43:15 PM
It IS a tough time of year for a lot of us, yeah. I believe Christmas is for kids who Still Believe and the adults who can enjoy that belief vicariously. For most everyone else it's a pain in the arse. A reminder of some pretty shitty things. And it's not even all that religious: we know Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December.

So this reminds me of something I realised recently. You know how people say "like all my Christmases came at once"? Yeah, for me at least that would be a deeply traumatic experience. I think it would be for most adults. Christmas is just too much once a fucking year let alone all of them crammed into one moment.

I seem to be waxing Scrooge-like with this sentiment and I have no doubt my three ghosts would have some very horrifying things to show me should I not change my ways but I swear it's just Christmas that does this to me. Lack of kids is almost certainly the sole factor but that was only roughly 75% our choice. Normally we would spoil the other kids in the larger family but their mother has decided she's cool with them being little Omicron carriers soooo...yeah, not seeing them in a few days despite them living literally around the corner.

Just one more Christmas trauma to add to rhe pleasenotatallonce pile.

---

The spirit of the thread started self indulgent and has sort of stayed there, but as I said to the old man who saw fit to make me say it, it's all just an excuse to talk to and with people who care. An outlet. Do I really need to rename it "Exiles, how are you?"?

But still, there is merit in self control, even here where there are few repercussions for not exercising it.

In lieu of your woes, we shall continue to wallow in mine. ;)

---

No, def not getting any more collectors editions. We have them piled up in closets. I will get and enjoy the game. That more than suffices.

As for Gloomhaven, I had to go on a little quest to get a copy and while we had fun with it, the awful writing kept getting in the way. For chunky rpg tabletop I'd rather commit to a game of Mage Knight or Lord of the Rings.

Not that any of that has happened in years.

--

The hand mixer came without parts. Clearly used and then returned. So much for not going in person.

---

I have decided to get a little KFC for Christmas. It's a weird Japanese tradition and I like a little dirty bird now and then. I mean Im already doing a lamb roast and she's making something called "snickerdoodles" so it's not like the day of His Birth Apparently will be all grease and secret herbs and spices.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 20, 2021, 8:41:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info