3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
Nevzat wrote:
I am planning to play this on Friday. Can anyone suggest a simple leveling guide to get through the acts without too much trouble?

ideally i would want to level as toxic rain asap but not essential

Thank you
This is really simple to level, and unlike a lot of skills, you can swap to Toxic Rain as soon as you can get it. The storyline is easy to complete with TR.

Start with Caustic Arrow and Pierce. Kill Brutus, add in Void Manipulation. Run through to the end of Act 1, kill Merveil, get Toxic Rain.

Swap to Toxic Rain / Void Manipulation / Mirage Archer / Efficacy as soon as you can get a 4L. Add in Vicious Projectiles and Swift Affliction as you get a 5 and 6 link.

Pick up Malevolence when you can, and add in Withering Step and / or Wither Totems.

If you get lucky and drop a Quill Rain, use it!

I finished the storyline and deep into yellow maps with a 5 link quill rain.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on May 10, 2022, 2:34:01 AM
"
Nevzat wrote:
Hi, just a question. In the POB the gem levels seem a bit off.

Withering Step is at 17
Vitality is 1
Dash is 19
Enduring Cry is 19 (CWDT and VMT is 20)
Determination is 19
Vaal blight is 19

Are these correct, or are they supposed to be 20?

Thanks
Vitality should be level 1, it's only there to trigger the Watcher's Eye mod.

Enduring Cry and Determination - push them as high as you can with your strength stat. The 173 strength listed in the POB isn't the easiest to achieve, and a level or two on these doesn't make that much of a difference.

Same with V. Blight.

Withering step and Dash you can level all the way.
Should we get ashes or is the neck in the POB pretty much BIS?
"
Nevzat wrote:
Should we get ashes or is the neck in the POB pretty much BIS?

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiance with Ashes of the stars amulet here.

For my build I don't see too many advantages:

Toxic rain - additional quality not needed
Empower - additional quality not needed
Efficay - 15% increased damage over time
Awakened Vivious Proj - additional quality not needed
Awakened void Maniupulation - 15% increased chaos damage
Divergent Mirage Archer - 30% increased skill effect duration

So that's 30% increased dot and 30% increased skill effect duration. I think 50% dot multiplayer from 2 suffixes is better and adding the fact that you can get additional +1 chaos gems +1 all skill gems in BiS amulet Ashes of the stars is a lot worse. Maybe if they are cheap at the league start you can use it until you can farm that 25-30 ex for good rare amu.
Pros and Cons about chosing Champion for this build instead of Raider?
You get to play as a chad.
New Jewel, would that fit into the build at all?

"
MrWay wrote:
Pros and Cons about chosing Champion for this build instead of Raider?
It's the usual trade off between offense and defense. Champion gets permanent fortify. Raider gets more frenzy charges and onslaught.

Champ is great for HC.

Raider is great for SC.
Hey can anyone give me some tips please?

I am struggling significantly this league.

I know my gear needs some upgrades - things i'm saving for are: devouring diadem, a curse on hit ring, and a very large cluster jewel.

I am getting absolutely destroyed by mobs though! I can clear T11's but I am kiting like a madman and constantly spamming flasks, molten/evasion and my warcry... I can't see how I can make myself significantly more tanky tbh

Last edited by Nevzat on May 16, 2022, 12:37:59 PM
Due to recently popular virus I wasn't able to play much and I'm at level 30 now so I don't know how those new archnemesis modifiers feels like. However the only things I see missing here are flasks. You should be using at least +1500 armour flask with preferably T1/T2 %increase armour during flask affect. Then +1500 evasion flask with T1/T2 %increase evasion rating during flask effect. That's giving a huge defensive bonus. You can also experiment with replacing Jade flask for the one with 20% more armour one.

Second thing is your CWDT setup. Personally I prefer to leave it at point when it's activating after taking 900-1000 damage, that's allows to have it more often and not only in critical situation when it already may be too late.

The last thing is that your best defense is always an offense. Try to upgrade you gear, craft a bow with essence that's giving +2 bows skill, it should be easy to hit some useful other mods like dot multi or attack speed. Get that Devouring diadem so you can ditch mana flask. Get quickly offensive mods on rings and amu. Never played with those gloves but you can try to get some decent dot multi gloves with some other bonus stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info