Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.16

"
Spoiler
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

A big issue with PB is one shots. I think the damage threshold for a one hit kill is much lower with PB on, but as a tradeoff it drastically increases the build's tankiness when completely surrounded, like on tough scourges or delirium maps.

I understand why it's been discounted by the community, especially after getting insta-zapped a few times in Heist. I think ultimately it'll come down to situational use for clearing in dense encounters, but toggling it off when facing chaos degen or big one-hitters. But anything that can't reliably one-shot me is doomed in a facetank at this point.

I added some more mana reservation and a defiance banner, phys damage reduction is reliably kept at 90%, plus unlucky hits from Lori, 81+ capped res except chaos, about 13-20k armor, etc etc. Switched skitterbots out for PB so I can still run Purity of Fire, Vit, Def banner and Determination. I toggle PB off and Skitter on when I switch to bosses. It ends up looking more like a HC build devoted to not dying. It's all tradeoffs at this point.

I doubt PB will make the cut for a true minmaxed RF build, especially one focused on clear speed and high damage. I think I just hate dying more than I like speeding through a map. And I'm convinced there are more opportunities to maybe increase my survival against one shots even with PB on.

I definitely share your opinion on cookie cutters. They're strong for a reason but they give no margin for creativity and no sense of progression other than the eternal chase for the next 2% of additional power through pricy gear.
Nice, IlIIlIlIIlIlIIlI. That's some awesome in-game productivity. Nice work. It's good to get that hands-on experience and see for yourself. Nice changes to the build too! It's nice to have that extra mana reservation.

Swapping auras is a great idea. I forget to do it all the time but it's awesome if you can remember it. One day I may add to my guide the concept of Weapon Swapping. Have a one-handed weapon and shield with more defensive skills in one set, and having two one-handed weapons or a sceptre in the other with more offensive skills. I may even add that this coming league if GGG doesn't change anything drastically.

Thanks for the updates! Feel free to ask whatever you like if anything else comes up.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey!

I just wanted to drop a note thanking you for the build - this is my first time playing PoE after years of hiatus, and really enjoying it so much with stress free wandering around.

I've just hit level 40, and am amble to maintain RF with flasks without major issues. I've found out that a blue life flask that removes burning effects is a very good "o sh!#" button when I need to turn off RF and go full health, which really increased my quality of life.

I've struggled with INT around level 30s to be able to keep upgrading incinerate and RF, so had to invest in INT enchants on pretty much all slots. But working out nicely anyway!

As a super noob, I'd appreciate if you could take 2 minutes of your time to go through my gear and tree, for any quick improvements you'd recommend.

Thanks once again for the time you invested in this guide, much appreciated!
"
tmrkymz wrote:
Hey!

I just wanted to drop a note thanking you for the build - this is my first time playing PoE after years of hiatus, and really enjoying it so much with stress free wandering around.

I've just hit level 40, and am amble to maintain RF with flasks without major issues. I've found out that a blue life flask that removes burning effects is a very good "o sh!#" button when I need to turn off RF and go full health, which really increased my quality of life.

I've struggled with INT around level 30s to be able to keep upgrading incinerate and RF, so had to invest in INT enchants on pretty much all slots. But working out nicely anyway!

As a super noob, I'd appreciate if you could take 2 minutes of your time to go through my gear and tree, for any quick improvements you'd recommend.

Go to your profile, click edit preferences, and then uncheck "make profile private" and "hide characters"
"
stoudtlr wrote:

Go to your profile, click edit preferences, and then uncheck "make profile private" and "hide characters"

Cheers, done!
"
tmrkymz wrote:
"
stoudtlr wrote:

Cheers, done!

The biggest thing I saw is that you don't have Purity of Fire. You should be able to buy it from Clarissa in act 3. That's the most important aura since it boosts your maximum fire resistance. Higher fire resistance means RF does less damage to you.

Other than that your gear is decent since you're only in your 50's and still levelling thru the acts. Just keep looking for better gear as you go following the recommendations in the guide. Try and get +life and either life regen or increased life recovery rate on everything.
Last edited by stoudtlr on Jan 8, 2022, 8:57:15 AM
Spoiler
"
tmrkymz wrote:
Hey!

"
stoudtlr wrote:
The biggest thing I saw is that you don't have Purity of Fire. You should be able to buy it from Clarissa in act 3. That's the most important aura since it boosts your maximum fire resistance. Higher fire resistance means RF does less damage to you.

Other than that your gear is decent since you're only in your 50's and still levelling thru the acts. Just keep looking for better gear as you go following the recommendations in the guide. Try and get +life and either life regen or increased life recovery rate on everything.
I'm glad you're enjoying the build, tmrkymz!

Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to find a build that suits how you want to play. I'm glad you've found it.

I know I'm a little late in responding (thanks for your patience). stoudtlr answered well so I won't repeat much of that. I'm looking at your today and things look good. Just keep looking for gear that higher life than you have. If you can find those items with Cold, Lightning, and/or Chaos resists, even better. It's hard to choose between the proper socket colour and links, and decent mods. So hang in there. And just as a heads up, your CwDT gem isn't triggering anything. You likely know this and were just moving things around, but just in case. Flammability is too high a level for the CwDT gem.

You'll really start seeing the build fly once gear with the proper sockets drops.

Let us know how it goes.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 10, 2022, 2:59:57 PM
"
Spoiler
"
tmrkymz wrote:
Hey!

"
stoudtlr wrote:

I'm glad you're enjoying the build, tmrkymz!

Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to find a build that suits how you want to play. I'm glad you've found it.

I know I'm a little late in responding (thanks for your patience). stoudtlr answered well so I won't repeat much of that. I'm looking at your today and things look good. Just keep looking for gear that higher life than you have. If you can find those items with Cold, Lightning, and/or Chaos resists, even better. It's hard to choose between the proper socket colour and links, and decent mods. So hang in there. And just as a heads up, your CwDT gem isn't triggering anything. You likely know this and were just moving things around, but just in case. Flammability is too high a level for the CwDT gem.

You'll really start seeing the build fly once gear with the proper sockets drops.

Let us know how it goes.

Amazing - thanks for the reply! I just finished the campaign for the first time tonight, and really enjoying it. Ended up getting slapped around a bit in the first maps I tried after the campaign, as I am not used to dying, thanks to the amazing build :) Especially the Ancient Construct dudes that spit fast projectile stuff really creating issues for me right now.

With regards to CwDT, I wasn't aware at all! I kept the gem at low level intentionally, because in the Path of Building import, the linked gems show as level 1 for CwDT, level 1 for void sphere, level 20 for Hextouch and level 20 for Flammability. Did I misunderstand something?

And if I may ask a final question - I believe my weapon is the weakest link right now, as it doesn't have any +spell damage, which I guess would be a quick win to boost damage, right?
"
tmrkymz wrote:
With regards to CwDT, I wasn't aware at all! I kept the gem at low level intentionally, because in the Path of Building import, the linked gems show as level 1 for CwDT, level 1 for void sphere, level 20 for Hextouch and level 20 for Flammability. Did I misunderstand something?

And if I may ask a final question - I believe my weapon is the weakest link right now, as it doesn't have any +spell damage, which I guess would be a quick win to boost damage, right?

As for CwDT, the PoB import does work, but you need all 4 gems to get it right (which is not the case at the time I checked your gems).
CwDT only triggers gems with a certain level requirement - for example, a lvl 1 cwdt can only trigger gems with a level requirement not exceeding 38, while your flammability requires lvl 62. The trick is to use cwdt to trigger a low level, hitting spell, such as Void Sphere (but other work as well), that in turn will apply the linked hex thanks to Hextouch support, regardless of gem level. This is why the PoB suggest lvl 1 cwdt (so it triggers as much as possible), lvl 1 Void Sphere, and max level Hextouch and Flammability.

Regarding your weapon, spell damage doesn't help Righteous Fire, or the ignite damage from incinerate. In Path of Exile, buffing Spell damage (or attack damage, for attack-based builds) only increases damage from hits, and not damage over time, except when explicitely stated (Searing Bond and other gems).
What you want on your weapon is:
increased fire damage
increased elemental damage (same as fire damage for us)
increased burning damage
increased (fire) damage over time multiplier
+X to level of fire spell skill gems (very strong but rare)

For this reason, you want your weapon to be a sceptre, that has "increased elemental damage" as an implicit.

Otherwise you're doing great :) As everyone told you already you want as much life as possible, but this is a neverending quest, so good luck !
Spoiler
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
tmrkymz wrote:

As for CwDT, the PoB import does work, but you need all 4 gems to get it right (which is not the case at the time I checked your gems).
CwDT only triggers gems with a certain level requirement - for example, a lvl 1 cwdt can only trigger gems with a level requirement not exceeding 38, while your flammability requires lvl 62. The trick is to use cwdt to trigger a low level, hitting spell, such as Void Sphere (but other work as well), that in turn will apply the linked hex thanks to Hextouch support, regardless of gem level. This is why the PoB suggest lvl 1 cwdt (so it triggers as much as possible), lvl 1 Void Sphere, and max level Hextouch and Flammability.

Regarding your weapon, spell damage doesn't help Righteous Fire, or the ignite damage from incinerate. In Path of Exile, buffing Spell damage (or attack damage, for attack-based builds) only increases damage from hits, and not damage over time, except when explicitely stated (Searing Bond and other gems).
What you want on your weapon is:
increased fire damage
increased elemental damage (same as fire damage for us)
increased burning damage
increased (fire) damage over time multiplier
+X to level of fire spell skill gems (very strong but rare)

For this reason, you want your weapon to be a sceptre, that has "increased elemental damage" as an implicit.

Otherwise you're doing great :) As everyone told you already you want as much life as possible, but this is a neverending quest, so good luck !
Awesome, tmrkymz!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're having a good time.

Ya, the game takes "its game" up a notch once maps start. You get another hit of negative resists and the enemies are more difficult. PoitelMarto answered wonderfully to your posted questions and concerns. So I have nothing to add there. The gear section of the guide has some ideas for what mods to look for one your gear (you have to scroll down a bit), just in case you didn't want to bookmark this specific page here.

Let us know how your progress goes!

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker,

With the new League in sight I just wanted to post here and thank you for a great build, I've had a great time playing Righteous Fire for the first time. Been playing since Heist and I like to try new builds each time but as I play strictly SSF, it's a case of waiting for the right build-enabling drop sometimes. I started Scourge as a Lightning Strike Raider, great build too but lots of buttons, very fast and one wrong press and you're dead, lol. Then I dropped a 6-L Searing Touch from a lucky Metamorph and knew I had to do some fire build with it, found yours. Love your relaxed playstyle, it's a great alternative when my head is spinning from LS Raider, though I've got both builds up to the PoE Ninja boards, quite proud of that. I did switch a few things, I personally can't play PoE at all without a movement skill for all those ledges and gaps, so I squeezed a 2L Flame Dash in by making Void Sphere self-cast and having 5-L Incinerate on my armour. It's only a couple more buttons but dropping it on mobs followed by flame-dashing my righteously burning self on top is just too funny. Went the full 6-L Vaal RF in the Searing Touch, and even got lucky with some +2 to socketed drops in my helm and boots, got several L24 gems which is a first for me. It's a great build, I'm L90 and not even done with pushing it yet. Keep up the great guides, looking forward to trying out your Bone Zombies next league, got to collect all the ascendancies. Oh and I hope your house is coming back together, sorry to hear about that in the comments, puts the rants about Sirus one-shots into perspective! Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info