[3.19] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin | Early To Endgame

"
saschido wrote:
I've included Ashes of Stars into my PoB but it doesn't change anything for my build and visually just makes it worse, any tips?
Need to combine it with lvl 4 enlighten and have the reservation efficiency maxed on the ashes to fit either herald of purity or agony into the build.
Have you considered adding an inspired learning, I added one and it made the build feel 10x better. It's nice because you don't have to give up your belt slot.

I had to do some slight adjustments to get it to fit in, but it's not a detriment to the build. If you wish to see my POB, feel free to DM me. (I'm not done with the build, still lacking a fair bit of investment.)

Additionally I took the "overcharged" node so I can have both my dagger's on Damage over time, it allows me to have frenzy charges, power charges and endurance charges constantly without having to use Enduring cry.

(Love your build btw, used it this league and last league. You helped me discover my favourite build in the whole game.)
Love the build but i feel like im too squishy, the damage is good and the maps and most bosses go down pretty quickly without problems but i keep dying on the uber elder and feel like my spell suppression/spell mitigation isnt too good.
Any tips for this?
Can I have your discord name and tag please? I got some questions about the build.

Thank you. :)
Hello, I have a question. I'm a mapper and I allocate overcharged in the tree. So I think I don't need enduring cry anymore. Is there any good replacement for enduring cry?
"
hackergooby wrote:
3.18 update

Will have to see if any of the new unique jewels Impossible Escape, Thread Of Hope, Forbidden Flame/Flesh or Awakened Enlighten are worth adding into the build, but apart from that no changes for 3.18.

Changelog for current league

June 1st - Updated cluster and gem section along with pob with necessary changes.

Pros
-Fast mapping.
-Possible as a league starter.
-Decent amount of endgame upgrades to work towards.
-Can do some bosses with practice.

Cons
-Needs strength/intelligence from tree or gear as you get closer to endgame setup.
-Somewhat limited methods of recovering life as a spell caster.

Gear (Ignore gem links)

Helm

Get one with resistances or strength to make gearing easier.

Allocate the notable "Influence" and Reservation mastery "15% increased mana reservation efficiency of skills" and lvl 3 enlighten as soon as possible after getting The devouring diadem to fit all auras.

Until you can afford it use Goldrim or any rare helm with life and resistances in combination with an enduring mana flask or Eldritch battery from tree (make sure to have enough energy shield from gear if using this).

Body

Triple influence mod sacrifical garb w/ spell crit, additional curse and +1 level of socketed active skill gems. crafting guide in pob notes.

Until you can afford an influence chest use either Tabula rasa or 6 link rare chest with as much life as possible.

Gloves

Explode from Asenath's gentle touch for faster clear speed, make sure to allocate whispers of doom from skill tree or acquire a +1 curse chest to be able to double curse after adding these to the build.

Until you can afford Asenath's gentle touch use either rare gloves with life and res or The embalmer.

If you can get a pair of Asenath's gentle touch with the vaal implicit "Curse enemies with despair on hit, with #% increased effect" you can free up one ring slot for more damage.

Boots

Fill boots with res, life or whatever else you need, evasion base is preferred.

Searing exarch modifier "Drops brittle ground while moving, lasting # seconds" is a flat 5% critical strike chance to anything standing on it and is very easy to make use of as a Blade vortex character.

Lab enchant 80% chance to avoid being stunned if you've killed recently makes a noticeable difference and i recommend getting it once you got a good pair of boots.

Belt

Any belt with as much life and res as possible. stygian would be best base type and getting strength if possible helps with gearing.

Amulet

Retaliation charm gives a nice boost to damage and is very affordable.

Ashes of the stars is the endgame option giving damage along with other bonuses to every active skill gem, Max reservation efficiency combined with Enlighten lvl 4 can be used to fit Herald of purity or Herald of agony into the build to boost damage further.

Anoint Toxic strikes to cap chance to poison.

Rings

First ring should be a rare ring with "+# life gained for each enemy hit by your spells" and as much resistances and life as possible. If you cannot afford this yet get one without life on spell hit but it makes a huge difference.

For the second ring you want one with "Curse enemies with despair on hit, with #% increased effect, along with anything else you might need life, attributes etc.

If you happen to get a pair of Asenath's gentle touch with the vaal implicit "Curse enemies with despair on hit, with #% increased effect" you can drop the despair on hit ring for a Circle of nostalgia or circle of guilt depending on heralds in your build or a rare ring with damage modifiers.

Weapons

Two Cold iron points for most damage. damage over time is the best corrupt.

Use Bino's kitchen knife in place of one Cold iron point if you don't have Asenath's gentle touch for poison spread.

Weapon swap

Sinvicta's Mettle allows you to gain free rampage by weapon swapping to the axe and killing one enemy then swapping back to your cold iron points.

Shield

Mistwall or Replica Mistwall mainly used where damage doesn't matter as much (heist) or if you feel the need to be tankier.

Flasks
Main setup. Instilling and enkindling are both fine, i prefer mine automated.

An alternative to jade flask in the main setup, compare these 2 in your own pob to see which provides the highest ehp for you.

Another alternative to bottled faith or atziri's promise if you are struggling against certain ailments

Clusters

Get as much resistances/strength on these as possible to make gearing easier.
Large

Overwhelming malice is first priority. Second would be grim oath and for the third one Wicked pall, Unwaveringly evil also works as a last resort if there is nothing else but doesn't come with the skill effect duration. Two notable clusters are okay to begin with and are cheaper.

Large cluster should also not have more than 8 passive skills since you will end up wasting skill points on any with more than that.

Medium

For mediums get Circling oblivion and flow of life.

For passive skills no more than 4 or 5 so no skill points are wasted.

Small

Get two with surging vitality for regen.

These should have no less than 3 passive skills.

Jewels
"#% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence" adds lots of damage. "Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage #% faster while affected by Malevolence" is a cheaper option. Any other malevolence, grace, determination or precision modifiers on top of that is also good but gets way more expensive.

Forbidden flesh and flame allocating either prolonged pain or swift killer can get pricy but add a nice chunk of damage.

If using stygian vise get Phasing on kill, life, res and/or damage on abyss jewel.

Gem links

Helm

Determination - Malevolence - Vaal Grace - Enlighten lvl 3

Body

Quality on Blade Vortex does not matter since it doesn't give enough to increase radius unless you are using Ashes of the stars.

Cheap
Blade vortex - Unleash - Deadly ailments - Void manipulation - Efficacy - Unbound ailments

Endgame

Vaal Blade vortex - Awakened unleash - Awakened deadly ailments - Awakened void manipulation - Efficacy - Awakened unbound ailments

Anywhere they fit

Wither - Spell totem - Multiple totems

You can drop wither totem setup after getting Anomalous Withering step + ashes of the stars since these alone would apply enough wither stacks on everything.

Anomalous Withering step - Plague bearer - Enhance lvl 4 - Increased area of effect.

Use normal version of Withering step until you can afford anomalous.

Whirling blades - Faster attacks

Defiance banner

Enduring cry

Immortal call lvl 3 - Cast when damage taken lvl 1 - Increased duration - Void sphere lvl 3

Leave Cast when damage taken at lvl 1 and Immortal call at lvl 3 or so that it triggers when around 25% of your health is lost.

Weapon swap
Dash - Second wind For bosses or getting over ledges.
Portal

Map modifiers to look out for

Reroll map

- -#% maximum Player Resistances
- Players are Cursed with Elemental Weakness
- Monsters fire 2 additional Projectiles
- Monsters reflect #% of physical damage (if you have high enough crit chance you can run these maps due to opportunistic)

Won't brick the map but slows you down

- Monsters have a #% chance to avoid Poison, Blind, and Bleeding
- Monsters are Hexproof
- +#% Monster Chaos Resistance

Can clear entire map but might stuggle with boss/tough targets
(as long as you have the devouring diadem and life gained on hit ring)

- Players have #% less Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield
- Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield

No need to worry about

- Monsters have #% increased Critical Strike Chance
+#% to Monster Critical Strike Multiplier
(with mistwalker you take no extra damage from crits as long as you are elusive which we always have up)

Pantheons / Bandits / Ascendancy

Bandits : kill all or help Alira for early game regen/resistances.

Ascendancy : Noxius strikes > Toxic delivery > Mist walker > Opportunistic.

Pantheons : Lunaris for mapping, Solaris for bossing.

Lesser pantheon : Gruthkul for mapping. Ryslatha for bossing.

Path of building (leveling/crafting included in pob notes)

Path of building : https://pastebin.com/YKR3Kcw2

Make sure you are using the Community fork of path of building for it to work.

Trade links

Clusters info
Make sure the clusters are chaos damage or damage over time before buying.

Boots
Belt
Large cluster
Medium cluster
Small cluster
Life on hit ring
Despair on hit ring
Watcher's eye
Circle of nostalgia
Circle of guilt

I appreciate any feedback and will try to help out if i can

very nice build :D
Anyone who played Grobbs pBV build in 2020, how does this one stack up?

I remember being able to phase A8 Sirus within seconds with a decently upgraded version of this build, and blaze through red maps. Still a thing, or is this build not as strong as it used to be?

Glancing through this I see that Impresence isn't used anymore either, is the ring with despair on hit that much better?
Will try this build on 3.19, Anyone know a fastest started build to this? i will do toxic rain.
"
Zatheyll wrote:
Anyone who played Grobbs pBV build in 2020, how does this one stack up?

I remember being able to phase A8 Sirus within seconds with a decently upgraded version of this build, and blaze through red maps. Still a thing, or is this build not as strong as it used to be?

Glancing through this I see that Impresence isn't used anymore either, is the ring with despair on hit that much better?

This build is still strong 30M dps is plenty enough but would need tome tweaking because of mana reservation nerf for 3.19 so you cannot fit one aura.

Grobs build is not working for 3 or more seasons already because his build was pure glass cannon and now you need to have really good deffences to not get oneshotted so you cannot go with double large clusters to keep high damage and in the same time be tanky.
Why the change from Entropy to Will of Blades?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info