Extremely long loading screen everywhere

I have extremely long loading screens everywhere. for example, I am playing with a friend, I enter a map several seconds before him, but he can attack several seconds before I see anything. all the while I hear already all the game sounds in the background, like combat sounds, voicelines, lootfilter drops. I hear everything but I am still in loading screen. the max I had at the time was we had a zana mission with fixed time limit of 5 minutes, I only saw the game when the timer was already at 4:47.

I have a fairly modern pc, poe is installed on a 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD (samsung 970 evo), by all means of my understanding, I should have fast loading times, more in the area of what my friend has (he also has an M.2 SSD)

what could the problem be here?
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2023, 7:17:15 AM
I'm sxperiencing the same problems. Very long loading times, in some occasions infinite loading screens (had that just two times in a row when I tried to enter another player's hideout). 16 GB Ram, Samsung 970 Evo SSD, fairly uncluttered content.ggpk (used torrent before Ultimatum)

The loading times were very good once, but got MUCH worse when texture streaming was introduced a while back, just like the endless loading screens.
same here, fps drops, freezes, infinite loadings. 970 evo plus
Spoiler
It runs completely fine on my second ssd, so fix your issue with 970 evo =/
same here nvme samsung evo pro cacheshaders are on this drive ... ill try go to back to the ssd
i was playing fine day before the patch loads super fast and evrything now just seems slower then may ssd
funnily enough my friend who I was talking about also has a 970 evo :|

Same here, I cannot for the life of me, get trading going.... involuntary ssf :P ...
Same here. Tried to buy an unique from different players but after around five minutes waiting everytime i gave up.
that's it, I'm gonna reinstall on my other SSD (Crucial, P5 I believe). if it works better than on the 970 evo I'll let you know.

Edit: Didn't work on the other SSD, had endless loading screen on the very first time I tried to enter someone else's hideout for trade
Last edited by Weregoat on Jul 29, 2021, 5:08:08 AM
Same issue here. 970 EVO plus 500gb. Deleted shadercache, swapped from vulkan to dx, updated drivers, reduced gfx quality.

Still takes ages to load between instances like towns and hideout.

Ill try the ramdrive trick next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info