[3.25 READY] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

The current point of this build can definitely do the non-uber bosses without issues, which was the goal of the build to begin with. Since Uber Bosses are quite a bit higher of a bar, I'll need to do some digging to find some good cost effective ways to hit that 15-20m dps bar consistently without extreme investment to the build.

I'm currently looking into ways to get some higher damage past that bar without extreme levels of investment. Working in a way to get 100% impale chance without impale support to enable lifetap (dread banner, impale mastery, one impale chance jewel, and 15% chance to impale will get you there which is cheap to do). I'm also looking into getting the totem medium cluster jewel in to see how much damage difference it would be without having totems up.

Also for the record Primarch, you can drop the intimidate chance on the gloves on your PoB, Awakened Melee Phys gives us intimidate reliably.
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

Also for the record Primarch, you can drop the intimidate chance on the gloves on your PoB, Awakened Melee Phys gives us intimidate reliably.

Oh, nice one, thanks. Totally forget about it!
Last edited by PrimarchFerrus on Jun 12, 2022, 6:17:17 AM
So, i think i finished my build right now (27m dps). I could not craft BiS shield with efficiency and hp on block (spent around 70ex for crafting).

https://pastebin.com/dzUWi7H7

I dropped rare jewel and replace it with small cluster with mana efficiency and increase effect. Fortify node gone because i got it from corrupt on Prismatic Ecplise.
But it probably possible to push dps to 35 or 40m.

I managed to kill some new uber bosses: Cortex, Shaper, Eater, Exarch, Maven.
My feedback: do not try it. Almost all fights so frustrating for close range build like shield crush. It took twice long than my kills with EA champ. And my EA champ had 15m dps in his best.

Last edited by PrimarchFerrus on Jun 18, 2022, 8:32:08 AM
Ah that's unfortunate. Thinking of trying it out just for a different playstyle, just working towards Maven right now on my Occultist :)
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Ah that's unfortunate. Thinking of trying it out just for a different playstyle, just working towards Maven right now on my Occultist :)

I am not OP. I actually wait his update because he would come with a better setup than me. All i am saying that i played ~2 weeks with this build, reach my limits with that (next upgrades will cost literally mirrors and i dont feel that it worth it).

I enjoy that playstyle and skill itself. Mapping really fun for me. Done t16 full deli, sim 30 waves and most ubers. Will look forward for next league. Time to rest from PoE for month or two.
"
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:

I am not OP. I actually wait his update because he would come with a better setup than me. All i am saying that i played ~2 weeks with this build, reach my limits with that (next upgrades will cost literally mirrors and i dont feel that it worth it).

I enjoy that playstyle and skill itself. Mapping really fun for me. Done t16 full deli, sim 30 waves and most ubers. Will look forward for next league. Time to rest from PoE for month or two.

I haven't had much time to update the forum guide but I've found something that gets to about 20m dps without any super serious investment. Life if a tad low though so I'm trying to work on it.

I'm getting the point where I'm about to stop with trying to keep this version budget friendly and just giving it a 30ex or so bar, since that would be significantly easier for me to find something to work with.

I presume you got that +2 skills amulet with the recombinators, yeah? For the time being I'm wanting to avoid the reliance on mana reservation efficiency for the defense (mostly since i think it'll get nerfed in 3.19) so i'm not working in spell suppression and such atm. If I can find a good way to get that +2 amulet though I'm going to work in the +1 active skill gems and the +1 curse for poachers mark and hopefully consistent frenzy charge gain on bosses.
"
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:

Ah cool. Yeah i play melee a fair bit, so im not unused to having to dodge a lot. Given i can still fail maven fights and such, i imagine with my skill level im far away from doing the new uber bosses regardless of the build :D.

Trying out EA since it does seem fun, but may give something like this a go as a starter next league. Im hoping for some glad buffs.
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

I presume you got that +2 skills amulet with the recombinators, yeah? For the time being I'm wanting to avoid the reliance on mana reservation efficiency for the defense (mostly since i think it'll get nerfed in 3.19) so i'm not working in spell suppression and such atm. If I can find a good way to get that +2 amulet though I'm going to work in the +1 active skill gems and the +1 curse for poachers mark and hopefully consistent frenzy charge gain on bosses.

Actually i bought it (45ex). But it easy to craft:

You need base with +1 all, craft "cannot roll attack" and just aug phys. 100% +1 phys gems since 3 other phys mods is also an attack mods.

I can confirm that poacher mark help a lot but still you will find yourself run out frenzy charges on bosses. Mainly because of phases that almost all bosses have.
Last edited by PrimarchFerrus on Jun 21, 2022, 4:39:21 PM
Thanks for the guide, OMFGaTaco

Using the slayer variant, and tweaking it to include the use of forbidden flesh/flame to get first to strike, last to fall, and wearing perseverance to get perpetual onslaught. Also including an impossible escape to get hematophagy and panopticon.

Another tweak was not going up the marauder side and instead getting a flask medium cluster to get peak vigour and spike concoction to aid in flask automation.

Quite the speedy T16 mapper, and in blood stance always cos the AOE is decent cos I managed to get the AOE weapon quality enchant before getting RT on corruption and a AOE mod on helm.

With chaos res at 0, 100% elemental ailment avoidance, flasks automated and damage recoup as life mods on both rings, and a recover life on kill with rage on belt, and berserk at times, plus the 50/50 block, defense is decent enough. Managed to squeeze in an aspect of the spider for added defence and offence.

At level 89 atm and intending to take it to 97. My POB, if anyone is interested.

https://pastebin.com/BSMQqQYx
Last edited by Quixote77 on Jul 5, 2022, 6:27:57 AM
Hi! I've been eyeing your build as a starter for 3.19, what do you think about using the buffed Emperor's Vigilance as a starter shield? For reference, it now has 1800 armor assuming 20% quality, on a shield you can equip as early as level 46. Being forced to use Glancing Blows on a gladiator kinda sucks, but it also allows you to hold off from speccing into some of the block nodes on the tree until you get a better shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info