[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

So I league started this build and then after the stealth nerfs were discovered I swapped from Gladiator to Champion as per the suggestions. However since then I have deviated a fair bit and just had some notes that others might find helpful.

Here is my pob for reference: https://pastebin.com/ydjF7hp8

Going to fortitude and resolute technique over Conqueror and Worthy Foe made mapping feel a lot smoother as you no longer have to gamble on getting that first hit in to taunt so that subsequent hits have 100% chance. You can also drop the fortification wheel granting fortify on hit giving you 4 more passive points to play around with.

Sinistral gloves were actually pretty easy to get as I just bought a high ilvl pair and slammed Deafening essence of greed until i hit res + open suffix.

Perseverance is actually pretty nice as it lets me maintain 100% uptime on onslaught.

Lethal Pride +max fortification stacks somehow works with the ascendancy as I have 20 stacks permanently and its somehow granting fortify on hit allowing me to hit 22 stacks in combat.

Currently I am still fiddling with the build, seeing how reasonable it is to fit in Determination for even more tankiness, I think its possible with the armor mastery + increased reservation efficiency on neck and dropping Herald of purity as damage seems fine.

If anyone has any tips to try and squeeze out more ehp/damage I would love to hear them as I have kind of hit the wall unless i want to spend 5+ ex per item.
before i too heavily invest in this, how far can we push this build? before the overhaul u were saying it cant do high tier end game stuff, what about now?
"
Dooftard wrote:
before i too heavily invest in this, how far can we push this build? before the overhaul u were saying it cant do high tier end game stuff, what about now?

We should be able to still do A9 maven and invitations and such due to the damage numbers being the same, but I can't guarantee this can do aspirational content as of now as I haven't gotten there myself yet.
Maybe a stupid question, but how do we actually manage so many skills?

We have
1. Shield Crush
2-4. Totems (including the vaal one)
5-8. Auras
9-10. Leap Slam + Enduring Cry
11-13. Blood Rage, Frenzy, Culling Strike
14. Dread Banner (which will replace vulnerability in shield later?)
15. (?) Vaal Molten shell (since the regular molten shell is paired with CWDT)

even if dread banner becomes autocast, I don't think we have enough keys to actually drop the banner and to use vaal molten shell when needed, since we can only map 13 skills, or am I missing something?

POB if it helps: https://pastebin.com/SfX4cmuc
"
Damae wrote:
Maybe a stupid question, but how do we actually manage so many skills?

We have
1. Shield Crush
2-4. Totems (including the vaal one)
5-8. Auras
9-10. Leap Slam + Enduring Cry
11-13. Blood Rage, Frenzy, Culling Strike
14. Dread Banner (which will replace vulnerability in shield later?)
15. (?) Vaal Molten shell (since the regular molten shell is paired with CWDT)

even if dread banner becomes autocast, I don't think we have enough keys to actually drop the banner and to use vaal molten shell when needed, since we can only map 13 skills, or am I missing something?

POB if it helps: https://pastebin.com/SfX4cmuc

I just have crush on right click, totems on q/w (dont use vaal cause lazy), all auras are on ctrl bar, leap slam on f or whatever you use for movement, enduring cry left click, blood rage mouse button 4, i dont use frenzy cause lazy, I'm playing slayer so auto cull 20%. Culling strike isn't an active skill btw its just a support. Dread banner you rarely hit just on bosses. VMS you should have another open button but you dont need to hit it that often...
"
Steversio wrote:
So I league started this build and then after the stealth nerfs were discovered I swapped from Gladiator to Champion as per the suggestions. However since then I have deviated a fair bit and just had some notes that others might find helpful.

Here is my pob for reference: https://pastebin.com/ydjF7hp8

Going to fortitude and resolute technique over Conqueror and Worthy Foe made mapping feel a lot smoother as you no longer have to gamble on getting that first hit in to taunt so that subsequent hits have 100% chance. You can also drop the fortification wheel granting fortify on hit giving you 4 more passive points to play around with.

Sinistral gloves were actually pretty easy to get as I just bought a high ilvl pair and slammed Deafening essence of greed until i hit res + open suffix.

Perseverance is actually pretty nice as it lets me maintain 100% uptime on onslaught.

Lethal Pride +max fortification stacks somehow works with the ascendancy as I have 20 stacks permanently and its somehow granting fortify on hit allowing me to hit 22 stacks in combat.

Currently I am still fiddling with the build, seeing how reasonable it is to fit in Determination for even more tankiness, I think its possible with the armor mastery + increased reservation efficiency on neck and dropping Herald of purity as damage seems fine.

If anyone has any tips to try and squeeze out more ehp/damage I would love to hear them as I have kind of hit the wall unless i want to spend 5+ ex per item.

I'm playing slayer and done some different things, but the damage is definitely more than enough for a lot of endgame bosses. I haven't done uber content other than simulacrum but A9 sirus and maven, deep delving, all maven invitations except for the feared (haven't gotten a cortex yet).

The tankiness needs some work, prone to 1 shots if I'm not dodging actively but overall pretty smooth mapper and capable bosser. Might try and fit in a determ Aul's or something. You can check my build on my profile if curious.
Sily question: for the Champ tree, what makes Worthy Foe beat out First to Strike or Unstoppable Hero? It's essentially just a 20% additional damage since we have Resolute Technique, right?

"
Sily question: for the Champ tree, what makes Worthy Foe beat out First to Strike or Unstoppable Hero? It's essentially just a 20% additional damage since we have Resolute Technique, right?

Enemies taking increased damage is a different stat compared to us doing more damage, so we get more DPS out of it. We can also spec out of Resolute Technique once we get Worthy Foe in theory, as our attacks can't get evaded as long as we hit them once at first. I still need to test the consistency on it but I'm almost there in SSF (blessing of the goddess drops have been unkind to me).

When it comes to Unstoppable Hero, the only benefit we get is the 20% increased attack speed which feels nicer for damage but has lower raw dps output. There's an option to drop some of the fortify nodes for more damage or jewel clusters if you go this route, but I haven't tested it myself yet.

When it comes to First to Strike, we won't really use the Adrenaline that much and it'll be unreliable in bosses since we aren't Low Life, and we can get Intimidate either through the passive masteries or through Lethal Pride - either are fine. We attack fast enough for Lethal Pride to be consistent but the passive mastery isn't the most consistent when it comes to big bosses, but the damage difference isn't too big of a deal.

Thanks my dude, makes sense. Appreciate you putting this together and updating as well, been having a good time with it
"

I've been using a very defensive approach to ascendancies and chose First to Strike myself. Now, I'm playing a very inefficient SSF character but for the levelling process, First to Strike has definitely saved my bacon on numerous occasions, particularly in the Krangleverse. Removing ailments and instant 25% life recovery give me that slight buffer needed to recognise I was in danger and to take appropriate action.

Now, later on once my character is better equipped it might be better to respec into something else but for now, I'm definitely benefiting from that keystone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info