[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
TA1NO wrote:
sorry but this build was awful for me. i am going to reroll. this build did not work for me past lvling. claw is expensive, so are the gloves. rares in whitemaps take forever and breach is inpossible. just not for me

Unfortunately, without a PoB or anything, this is a funny goodbye message. Sorry it didn’t work out for you, but it might have been something very easy to fix, like not using a “vaal” lightning strike. I hope you find a build that works out for you this league.
~Donkster5
"
5cpls wrote:
Hey dude, thank you so much for all the effort you put into the build and replying people in the thread! If you have a minute could you take a glance at my build to see if if i'm missing something glaringly obvious and what my next upgrade should be? I'll be aiming for Omni eventually. Sometimes my damage feels very lackluster but I don't know if there's something wrong with the build or if it's just the map/monster mods that make it really weak sometimes. Thanks, this is the PoB https://pastebin.com/Pk67eS6R , I haven't set up the calcs or configs but my tree, items and skills are all there.

Aside from that I have a watcher's eye with Anger crit multi, Interrogation, Lethal pride, and a cheap crit multi/life crimson jewel

First off, here is your DPS setup for PoB, assuming you've just used divine blessing and procced adrenaline as a result: https://pobb.in/vK6shL5LUnes That number is Sirus DPS.

As far as things to think about. It looks like your crit chance is good enough to drop the diamond flask. You could switch it out for a sulpher flask, silver flask, or... see below.

As far as first things to work on, I'd focus on spell suppression. You're 23% short while on full life from being able to drop magebane and the evasion/spell suppression wheel next to it. Getting that immediately nets you 5 dps passives elsewhere. There are a couple options to get that. First, you can use a quartz flask 10% (from above). That means you need ~15% more on dex gear or... you could probably make money by selling your "Anger Crit Multi/phys reduction with Det" WE and buying an "Anger crit Multi/Spell Suppression with Grace" WE. I'm not sure what the market is, but in the past, the second option was cheaper.

You have options for getting spell suppression, more than just what I mentioned above, but you'll have to juggle your gear a bit. You've reached the beginning of the min/max phase.

As far as upgrades after that... Omni is not necessarily needed to make this thing rock. You can get an Aul's Wrath Amulet and layer on Wrath. You can get cluster jewels and add dps that way. Or just farm for the Omni and make the jump at that time.

Edit: As far as feeling like you're not doing much damage... it depends on the content. I'm guessing you're feeling very strong on everything up through Elder. The issue is, since you're relying on The Interrogation for brittle, anything with lots and lots of life (real endgame bosses) or map mods like 70% reduced non-damaging ailments effect or whatever it is, are going to limit your ability to have high crit chance. To fix this you layer in more non-damaging ailment effect or hit harder. Min/maxing piece by piece as described above will eventually fix the issue on all content. Conversely, if you get an equally strong claw that has a T3+ crit chance or open suffix for benchcraft, you can likely drop The Interrogation and still max out crit chance (with a diamond flask back in place).
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Jun 13, 2022, 9:29:26 PM
Donkster5, thank you for this build/guide. For years I've been a very casual, slow, and honestly not good player but this has been a blast so far. In previous leagues I always default to a cyclone or minion build, slowly get to red maps, then quit before endgame. Seriously casual, I've never killed Sirius or even Shaper.

I took a break from PoE since last July, came back two weeks ago and started following your PoB. I just got to T16s two nights ago, farrul's and cat gloves last night, and have been tearing through them now. Even in the just starting maps gear before farrul's it wasn't bad at all, just had to static strike now and then with. Can't wait to see where this goes when I throw more gear at it.

Here is what I'm working with so far - around 10ex?

My PoB - https://pastebin.com/Ztz4Sj9H

I took the Attack Mastery ability for 'Strike Skills which target additional enemies can do so from 30% further away'. I was standing too close to stuff when I first got to maps, this lets me stand further back, hit the target, leech away, and see what is going on. You should really try it, it'll only cost you a regret or two. I think the QoL is great.

I had to take spend a point on 30str from the tree too, still one short from being able to get determination and AP to 20 but I had to make it work on a budget and this works. I'm not using Grace so later on I can swap it there.

All four of my utility flasks are gain a flask charge when you crit, and used when charges are full. It's kinda crazy how well they sustain, most of the time the charges haven't worn off before they're popping off again. The only one I really use manually is healing which has poison immunity. I'll probably have to change this at some point but right now I like the QoL

The main reason I tried the auto flask thing was was trying to make the build work on my Steam Deck. Turns out it works great and is a huge QoL improvement for mapping on PC anyway. There are only a few buttons you need to press but the steam deck hardware kinda has a heart attack when too much is happening on screen. The flasks will change when my auras and needs change.

One of my rings has a -6 mana costs. It was a nice bonus when I was shopping for the other stats and I think it lets me zip around a lot. I have 109 mana, LS takes 9 and WB takes 6. I really like using whirling blades as my main movement, with walking/flame dash as needed. It CoCs wave of conviction with increased area of effect so for maps it works well if I can zip through a pack, turn around, and start blasting. I just switched from static strike the timing/spacing of that is taking some getting used to. TThese sockets also might need to change when I get enlighten and more auras?

I switched to sniper's mark since I don't need the crit or power charge of assassin's mark. I wish I had a white socket on my gloves so I could swap it out with the red endurance charge mark as needed. This is another thing that might just go away once I go full aura? Not sure yet.

https://youtu.be/bNLMFtD7Sck

Here is a chisel alch and go T16 Glacier farm for anyone browsing the thread who wants to see how the build can play.

Again, thanks for the build. For a casual it is the most fun I've had in Path of Exile in quite awhile :D

edit: removed diamond flask, using jade/granite/amethyst/sulfur now. Feeling likeIi can facetank a lot. Updated video to one with better map layout.

edit 6/26: got omni, still going strong, working on gear. pob/vid updated
Last edited by nailPuppy on Jun 27, 2022, 12:48:26 AM
Hello, build is working out great, the investigator is very important. I am still leveling but getting closer to end game.

I am wondering though what you would try to prioritize in changing of my gear. http://poeurl.com/dGVD. Right now my goal is to go for Farruls + aspect of the cat. This will require me changing my gloves. In addition it will require I fix my rings to get my resists back. That was my plan. Would you agree? I don't have a ton of currency so still just farming.
Last edited by thatguy14 on Jun 16, 2022, 10:30:37 AM
Thanks for the build Donkster.
I'm currently level 95 and could use a bit of fine tuning input.
This is my current items and tree. https://pastebin.com/YEmDKc7p

Currently I have The Interrogation just sitting in my inventory. As I don't have the passives to slot it yet. I'm still in the process of rolling +strike onto my gloves with Grand orbs. Which in turn will allow me to toss both the Ancestral call for Inspiration. As well as the +1 pierce node / proj damage by piercing shots. And I assume the right side portion of Claws of the Hawk? Which should allow me to slot The Interrogation. That in turn should allow me to lose the crit chance on my claw and the diamond flask. Not sure about Precision. as without it I'm only sitting at around 93-95% accuracy or so. I'm under 90 mana because i'm running Arctic armor/precision/grace/anger plus Aspect of the cat and Banner but those don't cost anything. I can of course put acc on the claw. And without precision i might be able to toss the -mana cost craft as well. A lot of the rest is sort of stuck because of attribute requirements. Strength and Int make it really difficult to pick gear.

I don't really have any hope or plans for Omniscience unless it drops for me.
But I would like to increase my single target dmg and survivability. Those are really the only two things at this point, as clear speed is top tier. Currently it's fine solo, but in large groups the single target isn't too great. I'm usually the last to die in a simulcrum or other t16 juiced map, but I do still die once I'm completely out of potion charges and vaal ls. And 99% of my deaths and close calls have been from Damage over time. Caustic ground, impale, those fire mobs that leave you burning for a very long time, and that freezing cold snap ground effect. I don't understand it, my resists are fine except chaos but those all almost kill me in under half a second. Always have to keep a finger on an instapot. Is that just the way it is, or is there some solution I'm not seeing? Should I be running remove burning/ignite and another freeze/chill pot, or does that even prevent the Cold Dot.

*Edit* Are there any useful harvest enchantments for us? Weapon elemental dmg on quality, weapon range, anything on armor, etc?
Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Jun 16, 2022, 1:53:55 PM
Hi, im currently leveling this build in SSF sentinel and i have some questions

Why did you pick Daggers nodes, it is for the elusive buff ?

when did you swap from dual wield to 1 claw + shield ?

what are the best supports for Spectral Helix to go along with this build ?

Ty for the build, so far its running well :p

looking at PoB tree there is a lvling version just straight to max lvl tree - which one do we need to follow please, wanna try this out SSF

thanks
IGN: The_Nutcase
Hi i'm pretty new to Path of Exile and did start with a Righteous Fire LEaguestarter. Now i'm not as happy with my RF Inquisitor and started your Build. Of course with a bit of investment. I have some Chaos Orbs on my other Character. So i Have some Leveling Gear.

Now the problem is, the character does not turn out that good. And im just in Act 4. Hes not Tanky(often onehit or close to) and has big problems Killing enemies Rare and above. Not even possible to take on Bosses. It takes Ages. I tried to follow your Guide as close as possible and i have a basic understanding of the Game. What am i doing Wrong ?

Here is my POB : https://pastebin.com/duKJkEmP
Last edited by Fuhron on Jun 17, 2022, 8:23:00 PM
"
Fuhron wrote:
Hi i'm pretty new to Path of Exile and did start with a Righteous Fire LEaguestarter. Now i'm not as happy with my RF Inquisitor and started your Build. Of course with a bit of investment. I have some Chaos Orbs on my other Character. So i Have some Leveling Gear.

Now the problem is, the character does not turn out that good. And im just in Act 4. Hes not Tanky(often onehit or close to) and has big problems Killing enemies Rare and above. Not even possible to take on Bosses. It takes Ages. I tried to follow your Guide as close as possible and i have a basic understanding of the Game. What am i doing Wrong ?

Here is my POB : https://pastebin.com/duKJkEmP

You'll probably want a reply from Donkster, but as someone that's played since before we even had an act 4, I can say the following tips as they're universal for all leveling.
-Transmute your flasks always. You want instant life, and augment for whatever. Not worth spending currency beyond just making them blue at this point. Flasks should drop left and right so pick up life ones specifically. Mana at this point is also still useful. Also always upgrade to the next tier of larger and larger flasks.
Ideal rolls are instant life + a life that is slow but takes a long time/high amount. With suffixes for removing negative things, curses, ailments, burning, corrupting blood! etc. For quicksilver you want extra charges or charge recovery, that'll speed you through a lot smoother.
- You want rare rings/amulet, I would grab Wisdom of the Gale +30 Int node along your tree, before crafting Intelligence on a random magic ring. It's a temporary node, but requires just one point, there's also a +30 str beside it, as that's also an attribute we struggle with. After that, Find rings/ammy that Overcap your resists. You should be reaching 75 Fire/cold/Light by act 4. Life, flat dmg are a bonus.
- Keep upgrading your weapons. And keep that Accuracy ABOVE Life. Otherwise that Juicy 40% from Precise Technique wont work. And that is a very juicy node at your level. I'd grab a precision aura and run that at whatever low level you need to, to keep Accuracy>Life.

Your tree looks fine for now, It's 99% your items.
Also one more note. You're running a Tabula but running a 4 link setup (no doubt due to mana cost). I would use a rare to help your defenses. Unless you find a solution to your mana, like a -mana cost ring like a Praxis or some such. This mana to 4-6 link balancing act will decide your dmg versus quality of life. It's going to be one of the key things against bosses. I'd definitely take out that conductivity for an Added Lightning support. Or Cold. Or even Culling strike which helped me level early.
Use your Orbs of Binding!!! they're only truly useful for leveling. Free 4 link item, just throw it on a decent item level base as you go.
Hope that helps
great build - feel like this is one of my strongest so far.

couple of questions that maybe someone could help me out with...I'm trying to figure out how on your PoB you have 1331 omniscience, none of your items are increasing attributes. is there something i am missing with the crystallised omniscience? any tips?

also - my only issue i've been having late in game is mana leech. i've followed the PoB pretty closely, but ive had to make some adjustments to get higher omniscience.

thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info