[3.14] Non-Ignite Fireburst Staff. Tanky, satisfying and fast clear. 4 mill dps with starter staff.

Welcome to my guide to fireburst inquisitor in ultimatum 3.14 league. This is a very satisfying build to play with a high gear ceiling. I will try to make it simple.

How it works and introduction:

We build around Fire Burst, a mod you get by using an

on a weapon resulting in something like
(yes this is the staff I deal 4 millions of dps with)
Fire burst is a spell with a cooldown of 1 second which we trigger by hitting an enemy with anything (you can see in the video I just clear by dashing into packs).

Fire burst base stats:
6% base crit chance, 1526 - 2228 base flat fire damage, 24 aoe radius, 340% damage effectiveness

To use high damage effectiveness we use battle mage node in Inquisitor ascedancy to get our flat staff damage into the damage of our spell.
To use fire burst more often we try to get cooldown reduction wherever we can (boots and belt being best sources)

You are pretty much free to choose what side skill to play along fire burst to trigger it and use a second 6 link. I chose cyclone to be able to get permanent fortify with cast on crit purifying flame to spread my consecrated ground effects everywhere. As I treat it as a side skill, I didnt bother to balance cooldown/attack speed and trigger rate as coc builds usually do, not as I need it either.

Pros:
+ Very fast clear
+ High sustain (2 pool regen and leech)
+ Ailment immune
+ Permanent fortify on "spell" build
+ High one shot prevention pool
+ No required gear pieces except for one
essence use on a staff
+ Cheap to start
+ Biiig aoe
+ One 7 link item which you don't even need to link and option for another fully usable 6l skill
Cons:
- Close range combat, until you reach stats you can tank with you can die in heist/endgame
- Cannot run ele reflect and no regen.

Video showcase

PoB:
Spoiler

3.14, leveling trees attached
https://pastebin.com/EfQcYP8b

Pantheon, bandit choice, anoint, ascendancy order:
Spoiler

Pantheon: I took Brine King to not worry about stuns and soul of Gruthkul from lesser pantheons as I don't feel like anything else there is any useful for us, maybe soul of Shakari if Hunter/chaos damage still worries you.

Anoint: Once you get some divine orbs I suggest rolling a doryani jewel to include "revitalizing flame" and anoint it to get your fire->life leech there. This is why I have Alligned spirits anointed, you will only see the effect in PoB.
Until you get "revitalizing flames" or if you have leech elsewhere here are the options:
"Ophidian aim" if you want good attack speed and staff accuracy
"Trolls blood" for life and good amount of regen, 2 gold oils tho
"Marked for death" is around 14% boss dps
"Enigmatic defense" for a bit of dps and 5/5 block
"Arsonist" Cheap dps+regen
or anything QoL life/es/speed etc you like. Nothing is that amazing in my opinion

Bandits: I killed all bandits, Alira is a solid option if you manage to get above level 93 and/or remove some of the qol life/es/regen nodes on templar/shadow

Ascendancy order: Sanctuary->Pious Path->Instruments of Virtue->Righteous Providence. All nodes are a pretty big deal so I suggest getting them asap, build works without Righteous Providence, but its a very big part of our crit chance.

To get life leech use either influence/delve/temple mod on ring/amulet at start, later on I suggest either getting a cluster jewel or roll a doryani timeless jewel to include fire leech. To get fortify use "Overlord" notable, before you get money for megalomaniac use a big cluster jewel, it can have other useful notables but sadly small nodes are dead.

How to craft your fireburst staff (multiple ways)

Spoiler

1st option, 3ex+ (more expensive, better possible result, use if you run 100+ haewark maps without single fracture craft and thank GGG for their crafting balance)
I used to make

1)Spam essence of hysteria until 1-2 good suffixes. Take a look at PoEDB mods for what you can use from influence crafts, I wanted crit multi or culling strike
2)If open suffix use aisling syndicate to add veiled mod for double damage or something good, if suffixes full go to step 3
3) Craft "suffixes cannot be changed" and use veiled chaos orb, copy staff into pob and check what mod will give you the most
4) Block undesired mod and Bestiary "add a mod to an elder item"
5) Craft what is missing or use Bestiary again and pray

(6) If your suffixes are good you can redo the prefix part by harvest "reforge and keep suffixes"

2nd option (easier, if you somehow manage to fracture fireburst, but cannot use influence mods)

1) you got a fracture so you don't need to roll with 60c essence anymore, roll until crit multi, craft/aisling add double damage or another suffix and continue as above or/
(1) roll harvest for crit, fire, phys until good prefixes, add aisling prefix, lock prefixes and use veiled chaos then craft a suffix or yolo bestiary slam

Gear breakdown and upgrade importance order

Spoiler

Current gear used in video:

Order of stat importance:
I strongly suggest to craft/buy all gear on Energy Shield bases to get as much of it as possible
1. Stregth, life, capped resistance.
Strength gives us life, good amount of crit from ascendancy and ES due to doryani jewel/body armor mod.
2. Chaos resistance, crit multiplier.
Get at least +20% chaos res asap, otherwise you wont use your second pool and your first pool will be quickly depleted. Al-Hezmin is very hard without chaos res with this build. We almost always crit so crit multi is valuable dps source
3. flat energy shield, regen, accuracy, other niche stats.

Helmet
Hard to beat

here, but a well crafted warlord's helmet might be the case.

Weapon

Fire burst is a must, try to fracture it to ease the crafting process. I prefer crafting on Maelstrom staff for 25% block implicit, I will craft on Elder influence staff in future for 12% spell block suffix.
Best prefixes: flat fire damage, %physical damage, flat physical damage, %spell damage. Flat elemental damages also help quite a lot.
Best suffixes: Area of effect, culling strike, crit strike multiplier, movement speed, strength, accuracy.
Mostly niche influence modifiers which you cannot combine with fracture.

Body_Armor

I didnt feel like I lack survivability so I just went for

For AoE
I was thinking about including Garb Of Ephemeral, but still not sure about stacking so much required stats.

Best prefixes: Life, Energy shield, support gem level (maven for support gem quality), Life as extra energy shield Syndicate/Craft mod
Best suffixes: ele/chaos res, strength, intelligence

Gloves

Try to get gloves with 50-75 fire damage added against burning enemies temple mod.
Best prefixes: Life, energy shield
Best suffixes: flat fire damage, accuracy, chaos resistance, strength/intelligence, culling strike.

Belt

Try to get cooldown reduction here
Best prefixes: Life, energy shield, % or flat fire damage.
Best suffixes: Cooldown reduction Strength/intelligence, life/es recovery, chaos res, ele res

Rings

Best prefixes: Life, crafted damage
Best suffixes: Accuracy, Strength/intelligence, crit multiplier.

Amulet

Get your missing dexterity here, better with other stats.
Best prefixes: Life, Energy shield, spell damage, damage penetration.
Best suffixes: %spell block, crit multiplier, stats, movement speed, chaos/ele res.

Boots

Try to get cooldown reduction here
Best prefixes: Movement speed, Life, Energy shield
Best suffixes: Cooldown reduction
, chaos res, ele res, Strength/intelligence

Gem links

Weapon supporting fireburst:
Fire penetration, controlled destruction, energy leech, elemental focus, inspiration/lifetap, (Whichever you use with main skill, both can work), increased area of effect swap for conc effect on bosses

Body armor:
Your side skill, if you go coc cyclone too then it is cyclone, cast on crit, Fire penetration, inspiration, combustion, your skill (purifying flame in my case)

Aura 4 link anywhere:
Herald of ash, Zealotry, Vitality 20, Enlighten (lvl 3 enough) I didn't need enlighten because I got helmet enchantment for precision reservation. There are better enchantment but I'm lazy to change it.

Move/curse 4 link:
Frost blink (I strongly suggest frost blink instead of dash/flame dash because FB is instant and you can teleport during cyclone), arcane surge lvl 7, Assasin's mark (Our power charge source on bosses, I suggest to use it instead of getting ring mod) second wind

Optional rogue gems/links, just keep anywhere:
Stone golem, Wave of conviction, Conc effect/AoE to swap on weapon
Last edited by Berserker77 on May 24, 2021, 6:19:42 PM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2021, 7:46:40 PM
What should I use to level the templar until I can get the staff/closer to the end?
"
coredump777 wrote:
What should I use to level the templar until I can get the staff/closer to the end?

Hi, as I still wasn't sure what skill do I want to play with I been playing blazing salvo until yellow maps when I decided to go purifying flame coc cyclone. Just use any regular spell setup, anything works honestly. I equipped the staff around level 66, been using wand+shield until then
may i ask what bandit should i kill , and pantheon about this build?
"
JusForpvP wrote:
may i ask what bandit should i kill , and pantheon about this build?

Hi :)

I will include it in guide, thanks for reminding. I killed all bandits as I felt like I need too many poits, you can however remove some "qol" points like that es/regen at templar or regen/life/es on shadow and take alira for res and damage.

As I have no stun avoidance I took brine king pantheon as major pantheon with soul of gruthkul from lesser pantheon as I don't see a better choice there.
Last edited by Berserker77 on May 20, 2021, 2:22:07 PM
I'm quite new to PoE (started playing mid Ritual), i'm not experienced enough to make my own build, so i tried to follow quite a number of forum or youtube guides to make my characters. I must say most guides are utter trash, outdated (while being advertised as updated and not affected by current league changes) and most creators don't even play them in ongoing league.
What's not mentioned in most guides - to perform like in the guide video showcase, you need to invest billion of exalts or mirrors, with good investment to even start using the build in late game.
While looking for something fresh i stumbled upon this guide, and man i'm so glad i did.
I'm fresh out of acts, with proper, yet still cheap gear, lvl 66, without some core build elements (megalomaniac, glorious vanity etc.) also half ascended with just 2 labs completed. I transfered from levelling with purifying flame/blastchain mine to CoC cyclone/puri flame and fire burst staff, with freshly acquired 20%+ quality lvl 1 gems. At this point i decided to fool around with maps, not expecting much, given the state of character developement. What i can say, is that Trialmaster is no longer laughing at me... I'm cycloning around, blowing everything in sight. This is by far most fun i had in PoE up to date.
Big THANK YOU for the guide. Looking forward to future updates.
"
I'm quite new to PoE (started playing mid Ritual), i'm not experienced enough to make my own build, so i tried to follow quite a number of forum or youtube guides to make my characters. I must say most guides are utter trash, outdated (while being advertised as updated and not affected by current league changes) and most creators don't even play them in ongoing league.
What's not mentioned in most guides - to perform like in the guide video showcase, you need to invest billion of exalts or mirrors, with good investment to even start using the build in late game.
While looking for something fresh i stumbled upon this guide, and man i'm so glad i did.
I'm fresh out of acts, with proper, yet still cheap gear, lvl 66, without some core build elements (megalomaniac, glorious vanity etc.) also half ascended with just 2 labs completed. I transfered from levelling with purifying flame/blastchain mine to CoC cyclone/puri flame and fire burst staff, with freshly acquired 20%+ quality lvl 1 gems. At this point i decided to fool around with maps, not expecting much, given the state of character developement. What i can say, is that Trialmaster is no longer laughing at me... I'm cycloning around, blowing everything in sight. This is by far most fun i had in PoE up to date.
Big THANK YOU for the guide. Looking forward to future updates.

Thank you so much :) I'm very happy to hear it. My goal was to make it accessible to rather casual players without half of the dps being reliant on a 14 ex flask etc traps. As I don't have 7 hours a day to play as well while also to step a bit out the meta. I enjoy builds with a lot of freedom of choice and high gear ceilings so you can always have a goal to chase. My next goal is to get as much AoE as possible and see how will it look, I will keep the guide updated. Have fun and let me know if you find something interesting what I could include/change :)
Also before "Overlord" megalomaniac you can use a staff big cluster jewel, with another good affix or two (There is one for AoE and one for attack speed/accuracy I believe) along with 2 jewel slots it should still be pretty efficient.
what anointed skills would you reccomend to get on the necklace? I don't really see a point for me to get aligned spirits.
Hi :)

I got aligned spirits because my timeless jewel has 30% fire damage and 0.2% fire damage leech there and it being my only source of life leech. Honestly no node is any amazing but here is list of what can work:

"Ophidian aim" if you want good attack speed and staff accuracy
"Trolls blood" for life and good amount of regen, 2 gold oils tho
"Marked for death" is around 14% boss dps
"Enigmatic defense" for a bit of dps and 5/5 block

and thats honestly it, the rest you can take for some qol res/hp/es/speed etc
its a nice build, but every time someone interrupt/stun me im dying with 1 shot. Can you tell me what i can upgrade to make it better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info