[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

"
Shawnsalv wrote:

Oh yea one more thing I wanted to ask, in the tree you took master of force which is phys damage, is it really crucial or would like just be those nodes where u take because you have extra points? I know our poison would scale abit via phys when applying it but would it really do alot ?

Those 3 points are about 10% more damage on my PoB. The +30 strength is also nice. Bf/bb primarily deal physical damage, and increased physical damage will scale the poison damage inflicted by the physical part of the hit (which is most of it).

The explanation from GGG for why this works is that poison is basically a phys -> chaos conversion. I generally treat % phys damage (except on weapons), % chaos damage, % increased damage, % damage with poison as about the same value. % spell damage is the main exception (which does nothing except scale the tiny hit damage we inflict).
Last edited by efun on Jun 3, 2021, 10:43:50 PM
"
efun wrote:
"
Shawnsalv wrote:

Oh yea one more thing I wanted to ask, in the tree you took master of force which is phys damage, is it really crucial or would like just be those nodes where u take because you have extra points? I know our poison would scale abit via phys when applying it but would it really do alot ?

Those 3 points are about 10% more damage on my PoB. The +30 strength is also nice. Bf/bb primarily deal physical damage, and increased physical damage will scale the poison damage inflicted by the physical part of the hit (which is most of it).

The explanation from GGG for why this works is that poison is basically a phys -> chaos conversion. I generally treat % phys damage (except on weapons), % chaos damage, % increased damage, % damage with poison as about the same value. % spell damage is the main exception (which does nothing except scale the tiny hit damage we inflict).

alright, thanks alot efun!! Thanks for answering my questions!!
Yes found one!

Was already planning on getting elreon in Research / chancing amulets. So happy i dont have to target syndicate anymore. Can also drop some mf now..

Now I'm wondering if I should divine it, can take a big chunk of my currency at the moment.

With power charges up I was at +/- 75% crit chance, not sure what it would be with Diamond Flask up.
This is with some crit passives still allocated.

Do you think I should divine the amulet, drop the crit nodes and go for something else? Maybe I should start using this then
? Does wicked Pall help btw?
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 4, 2021, 4:25:51 AM
"
ressiv wrote:
Yes found one!

Was already planning on getting elreon in Research / chancing amulets. So happy i dont have to target syndicate anymore. Can also drop some mf now..

Now I'm wondering if I should divine it, can take a big chunk of my currency at the moment.

With power charges up I was at +/- 75% crit chance, not sure what it would be with Diamond Flask up.
This is with some crit passives still allocated.

Do you think I should divine the amulet, drop the crit nodes and go for something else? Maybe I should start using this then
? Does wicked Pall help btw?

Nice! I wouldn't spend divines on it, you will drop another one soon enough! Level 2 Leo in Research is a free divine orb roll, if you happen to get it. (edit: you can of course divine it if you want... I'm not much of a gambler, but I like to have 2 of an item if I'm divining, then I can try to divine one to be better than the other, and not risk bricking my only one even worse)

Your single target crit chance will be much higher because of your ascendancy (+0.5% base crit chance for each poison on enemy, up to +2.0%). If you put 4 poisons on enemy, PoB says it should be 93% without diamond flask. You can probably drop the heartseeker cluster for something else (life nodes, toxic strikes, or a jewel socket if you have any decent jewels).

I don't think the cluster jewel is worth it - unless it were an 8 passive, or you roll Overwhelming Malice on it. Skill effect duration from Wicked Pall makes your withers last slightly longer but it's pretty minor. Unholy grace is nice (10% attack speed) but you can probably get better damage from points on the tree.
Last edited by efun on Jun 4, 2021, 4:52:38 AM
Alrighty! Good know I can skip the jewel, should I not roll it anymore because of the 12 passives? I have tried rolling it with chaos, probably was a waste lol

BTW does the 30% increased chaos damage on Wicked Pall not do much?

Should I keep claws of the falcon passive? Does claw attacks deal 25% increased damage with hits and ailments even work?
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 4, 2021, 10:19:39 AM
"
ressiv wrote:
Alrighty! Good know I can skip the jewel, should I not roll it anymore because of the 12 passives? I have tried rolling it with chaos, probably was a waste lol

Should I keep claws of the falcon passive? Does claw attacks deal 25% increased damage with hits and ailments even work?

None of the damage mods that apply to hits/ailments with attacks do anything for you. Those nodes just give you melee crit and accuracy. Drop claws of the falcon and take the "acuity" cluster to cap your accuracy instead (attack speed there is good too).

30% increased damage (physical, chaos, poison, etc.) is about equivalent to 10% DoT multi. You also have to take travel points on the tree/cluster to get there... so for example taking Method to the Madness or Toxic Strikes on the tree probably gets you about the same/more damage.

I've rolled some large chaos damage clusters with chaos or scour/alch (just as good as any other method to hit Overwhelming Malice) and never actually hit it. Craft of Exile says it should take around 60 chaos. If you can find a medium crit cluster that's a better way to hit it. The problem with large clusters is you want to hit 2-3 notables so that you get the one you want in a good position. With medium clusters it doesn't matter so much, you can even just alt roll them. You can keep rolling the 12 passive casually but I wouldn't invest too much into it.
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

None of the damage mods that apply to hits/ailments with attacks do anything for you. Those nodes just give you melee crit and accuracy. Drop claws of the falcon and take the "acuity" cluster to cap your accuracy instead (attack speed there is good too).

30% increased damage (physical, chaos, poison, etc.) is about equivalent to 10% DoT multi. You also have to take travel points on the tree/cluster to get there... so for example taking Method to the Madness or Toxic Strikes on the tree probably gets you about the same/more damage.

I've rolled some large chaos damage clusters with chaos or scour/alch (just as good as any other method to hit Overwhelming Malice) and never actually hit it. Craft of Exile says it should take around 60 chaos. If you can find a medium crit cluster that's a better way to hit it. The problem with large clusters is you want to hit 2-3 notables so that you get the one you want in a good position. With medium clusters it doesn't matter so much, you can even just alt roll them. You can keep rolling the 12 passive casually but I wouldn't invest too much into it.

Thanks a ton again :)
Attempted A4/A6 sirus (not sure which one it was) the other day. Lost all portals but was on his last phase. Wasnt expecting to beat him, but I knew his mechanics so I thought I'd give it a try. Was good.

Got myself a unique six link from heist. So I dont have to worry about that for now. So after that, I've just been trying to farm for cospris again. No luck in a week except for two div cards from canyon. And randomly just doing map completion.

The withering step trick really helps out with the damage boost. Good stuff. I could have progressed with my dps much further if I focussed on it. But I'm just experimenting with different mechanics for now.
"
buttcaake wrote:
Attempted A4/A6 sirus (not sure which one it was) the other day. Lost all portals but was on his last phase. Wasnt expecting to beat him, but I knew his mechanics so I thought I'd give it a try. Was good.

Got myself a unique six link from heist. So I dont have to worry about that for now. So after that, I've just been trying to farm for cospris again. No luck in a week except for two div cards from canyon. And randomly just doing map completion.

The withering step trick really helps out with the damage boost. Good stuff. I could have progressed with my dps much further if I focussed on it. But I'm just experimenting with different mechanics for now.

You really need to have flame dash socketed for that fight because you need to jump across the beams (not sure if you had it at the time, but whirling blades through the X-beam will give you degen stacks which is really bad). The sirus fight is a bit annoying to keep DPS on with this build because flame dash resets withering step's cooldown which means if you flame dash to get close to him you won't be able to apply withers right away. Corrupted blood immunity is good, but ailment immunity is actually great for this fight because the ignites/shocks from the die beam can be nasty (even if you only get clipped by 1-2 of the hits).
Hey efun,

would like to ask for bladeblast, would u recommend 21/0 or 20/20 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info