[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

"
ressiv wrote:
Got these 2 items (shield needs rolling).

I dont have any aspect, but is it possible with some nodes to run another useful aura?

Just found this claw

Worth crafting something on it and use it over mortem morsu?

Anything with lower APS and crit than mortem morsu won't be worth it. If you craft with essences (of loathing or zeal), I think a higher aps/higher life gain on hit claw base would be better.

Vitality would be some free life regen but it's pretty weak. Dread banner + generosity is some extra survivability if you can fit the gem sockets. Otherwise (e.g. to fit malevolence) you probably need enlighten 4 + reduced mana reservation on the tree.

Hunter shields are really nice! Can roll % life, reduced mana reservation, or + max res - all useful to some degree, depending on your setup.
Alright thanks! Gonna try to roll something nice on the shield. Yeah I just found a high level imperial claw, probably gonna give that a shot soon!
Just got all my gems to level 20. Do you know which to put 20Q on first?
Hi efun,

Thank you for this nice BD! I copied it and tried some new staff, now my CD is 52%+ and the aps can reach to 18,37 (with flsak), DPS is high but today I try to fight with sirus, failed 6 times......

I wonder if my derection is wrong or if there have something I can improve, I am not very tank even with 'gain 40+ life per hit'.....

I wish you can say something about my BD, I'll be very grateful!

LINK is https://pastebin.com/t3EBgJnd, you can also click my name and check, I only have one character in this server.

"
Füsun wrote:
Hi efun,

Thank you for this nice BD! I copied it and tried some new staff, now my CD is 52%+ and the aps can reach to 18,37 (with flsak), DPS is high but today I try to fight with sirus, failed 6 times......

I wonder if my derection is wrong or if there have something I can improve, I am not very tank even with 'gain 40+ life per hit'.....

1.) Your life is a bit low, you will probably get one shot by some mechanics (I did the sirus fight with different versions between 5k and 5.5k life deathless)

2.) You're missing endurance charges so your immortal call isn't as strong. I use the smashing strikes anoint to keep up endurance charges. For example, I (accidentally) tank die beam here:

Immortal call is great against sirus die beam because it is a series of hits, so the first hit will proc your IC.

3.) use flame dash instead of dash, if you dash across the X beam it has a good chance of putting degen stacks on you (which slow you and cause you to take increased damage)

4.) corrupted blood/ailment immunity. Die beam chooses random phys/fire/cold/lightning and they're all pretty bad. I definitely recommend a corrupted blood immunity jewel at least (to swap for this fight, if you weren't already). But the shock and ignites will also get you killed if you get tagged by part of a die beam. With divines/recrafts and ailment avoid on gloves you should be 100% ailment immune - you can fix resists on a jewel probably.

One option for this fight would be to get a high life shield with % chance to avoid elemental ailments to cap you. You'll miss some DPS but die less. I have a backup shield with 100+ life that I swap for one sceptre when I'm doing rippier content that doesn't need as high of DPS (e.g. lab running for enchants)
"
ressiv wrote:
Just got all my gems to level 20. Do you know which to put 20Q on first?

Cast on crit is a good one to 20q, you can actually just flip this one at level 20 to level 1+20q since the extra spell damage per level does nothing for this build.

Despair is really good at 20q (10% inc damage taken). Blade blast should be 20q but I usually level blade blasts in off hand for this. Otherwise, deadly ailments is a bit more damage and you can get some QoL on flame dash/inc duration/second wind/withering step.
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
Got these 2 items (shield needs rolling).

I dont have any aspect, but is it possible with some nodes to run another useful aura?

Just found this claw

Worth crafting something on it and use it over mortem morsu?

Anything with lower APS and crit than mortem morsu won't be worth it. If you craft with essences (of loathing or zeal), I think a higher aps/higher life gain on hit claw base would be better.

Vitality would be some free life regen but it's pretty weak. Dread banner + generosity is some extra survivability if you can fit the gem sockets. Otherwise (e.g. to fit malevolence) you probably need enlighten 4 + reduced mana reservation on the tree.

Hunter shields are really nice! Can roll % life, reduced mana reservation, or + max res - all useful to some degree, depending on your setup.

Hey, can you explain how this works with dread banner + generosity? Generosity should not be connected to other auras I think because they stop working then. How does it help with the dread banner? Do you think its worth using dread banner?

If I go all the way I can spec +1 curse in the tree and some reservation nodes to use enfeeble or temporal chains. Would that be good?

My char is doing really well, over 5k hp, level 91. Just got the oils for the amulet anoint. Started running juicy red maps and can easily run them, almost immortal against trash mobs. Just have to pay attention at bosses.
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 22, 2021, 4:38:42 PM
"
ressiv wrote:

Hey, can you explain how this works with dread banner + generosity? Generosity should not be connected to other auras I think because they stop working then. How does it help with the dread banner? Do you think its worth using dread banner?

If I go all the way I can spec +1 curse in the tree and some reservation nodes to use enfeeble or temporal chains. Would that be good?

Dread banner + generosity just makes nearby enemies have 30% less accuracy rating. If you aren't dying to packs then probably not worth it (more of a hardcore/really don't want to die setup).

Temp chains is okay on poison because it will increase your poison duration. Haven't done the math to see if it's worth it (because poison duration is already so long on assassin). Probably better than enfeeble.
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Dread banner + generosity just makes nearby enemies have 30% less accuracy rating. If you aren't dying to packs then probably not worth it (more of a hardcore/really don't want to die setup).

Temp chains is okay on poison because it will increase your poison duration. Haven't done the math to see if it's worth it (because poison duration is already so long on assassin). Probably better than enfeeble.

Isnt enfeeble a massive survivability boost?
"Cursed Rare or Unique enemies deal (10-15)% less Damage"
"Cursed enemies have (10-19)% reduced Accuracy Rating"

I wouldn't use temp chains for the damage, but also for the survivability.

The reason I'm asking is because I have some passive points left over, I would later on use these for the cluster jewels. But I need to target farm those (dont have the 9 passives chaos jewel and I just noticed my 12 passives version is level 55 lol, I spend quite some currency rolling it).

Not sure if I should use the passives for
A rare jewel sockets with probably life%/attackspeed/other damage mod(3 available at 3 points away) or
B go for the dual curse route (would also take 9 points with -mana reservation nodes) and get 26% non curse aura effectiveness, which would only apply to precision then
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 23, 2021, 5:10:03 AM
"
ressiv wrote:

Isnt enfeeble a massive survivability boost?
"Cursed Rare or Unique enemies deal (10-15)% less Damage"
"Cursed enemies have (10-19)% reduced Accuracy Rating"

I wouldn't use temp chains for the damage, but also for the survivability.

The reason I'm asking is because I have some passive points left over, I would later on use these for the cluster jewels. But I need to target farm those (dont have the 9 passives chaos jewel and I just noticed my 12 passives version is level 55 lol, I spend quite some currency rolling it).

Not sure if I should use the passives for
A rare jewel sockets with probably life%/attackspeed/other damage mod(3 available at 3 points away) or
B go for the dual curse route (would also take 9 points with -mana reservation nodes) and get 26% non curse aura effectiveness, which would only apply to precision then

Enfeeble is okay but you can probably just use those points to get 15% more life. Temp chains is nice because it slows mobs and also gives you dps.

If I were to go for dual curse on this build it would be with assassin's mark on hit (shaper ring) with extra curse chest. More of a trade league option and somewhat expensive to craft.

If you have extra passives there are plenty of life nodes available, and a few DPS nodes (toxic strikes). I would spec those until you have a nice jewel to put in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info