Game Balance in Path of Exile: Ultimatum

Flesh and stone 35%? what a stupid idea, no reason for this
Hey, i think we need to be more careful with "makes thematic sense" stuff (in quivers change section). I mean when ascendancies appeared in poe they limited some options of creating a build, i love ascendancies don't get me wrong, but anything that limits some non-thematic builds removes some portion of freedom and depth from the game which isn't nice. I'm just afraid that with minor movements toward "thematic sense stuff" we becoming slightly closer to diablo 3 horrible armor set system ( example of my concern that theoretically can happen someday: i want archer build, so i need this archer ascendancy, this archer set and this archer quiver, because all those thing was made specifically for archers, they are crazy good for archers and don't work if u aren't archer ).
And if i want to do archer spellcaster u think it doesn't make thematic sense? Imo it does, arcane archers are famous option in old school rpgs. We are playing rpg here right, so let this niche options be in the game plz, the more the better.
The purpose of all these nerfs is reducing the cost of server run and maintenance or how we say in Bulgaria "ако железата са им ги мноо скъпи, да намалат жегата". And all this is because you f.....g mor...s don't buy enough micro transactions!

Do you know how much server heat your ridiculous builds with thousands of particles and calculations per second cause? But you're still playing this game for free do you?

If some change is in the name of performance I admire it. If something got nerfed, because is too powerful this is probably for the best.

If someone makes more money by having fun, playing this game, rather than someone who spend countless hours by developing and testing it, how do you thing is it fair?

Philosophical question...
So again it's for balance!

Tencent Games should stop chris wilson or we are gonna lose this game too like diablo.

"
Eupho48 wrote:
Keep nerfing everything ...lt’s time to move to last epoch.... thanks to make me skip this league without regrets

I'm gonna try last epoch. It's seems perfect.
Last edited by MuZuR on Apr 13, 2021, 7:18:09 AM
More Nerfs> get Mobs more difficult > Kill Harvest > Still have Trade Website issues > Selling Supporter Pack change nothing > Fck this shit I am out > Hello D2 Resurrected
Some Nerfs are good but sadly some makes no sense.

F.e. "Hardened Scars no longer grants Fortify during the Effect of any Life Flask. Instead now grants Fortify while Recovering Life from a Life Flask. The Notable was granting Fortify too easily to any character that could maintain uptime on a Hallowed Hybrid Flask with the Enduring Prefix. "

Basicaly you simply deleted the Pathfinder ascendancy with this choice.

Bcs its the only Ascendancy whos affected by this BUT only achievable with tons of investment (Not sure if its even possible to achieve that again with the Harvest Nerfs).

You had to invest a lot into Flask Duration and reduced Flask charges (Both on belt f.e.) + super expensive cluster jewels.

It was only achievable for builds above 100EX, so how did it grant Fortify too easily? (100EX investment is not "easily for 99,99% of the playerbase).

The problem ist that you didn't even compensate the loss of defense in the PAthfinder Ascendancy......Now its the most squishy ascendancy and with all the poison nerfs probably even the worst for DMG. -.-
Last edited by CroDanZ on Apr 13, 2021, 7:17:42 AM
"
JuldaFulda wrote:

1. Sir ... why have developer take care about items value?

2. - but mr. Chris just want game more hard, bcs here we have 4-5 OP builds/uniques/mechanics. And everyone copy that to complete game - FAST!!!

3. They dont make balance! They just give lil nerf to some OP build and add HP to bosses and monters. Thats all.

Dont know what they smoke in GGG

1. Someone clearly read with missing words...
PLAYER PERSPECTIVE... With harder craft process good results will have more value and cost.

2. Tbf. Easy game becomes boring really fast... And they still kinda want to get some profit from their work. Longer people play - more money they get. In current capitalistic reality $$$ rule all. Your opinion as player means nothing unless it have a possibility of bringing $$$. And many people will not play game with same 4-5 OP builds each league, so they must make diversity

3. Excuse me? Nerfing OP builds is easiest possible way to balanse things with that big numbers of them. Nerfing is balance in that case... And about buffs, hey, it is MANIFESTO, not patchnotes. We don't know anything about buffs!
Also you clearly played too little of games with such type balancing. It is too easy to overtune... And one small change (like really small) can make unusable thing into OP stuff sometimes. So you as balancer always must be careful to make changes

Last edited by DimkaTsv on Apr 13, 2021, 7:17:42 AM
"
Netrx wrote:
U guys doing the worst game balance i ever seen.

For players who like this nerf just letting you know, people like and play PoE JUST bcoz PoE gives them a way to do crazy stuff (and poe is the only legit ARPG). So player still playing bcoz noone offer something like that to them and IF! PoE stand inline with other ARPG's or some other game offer that fun to players (like mb D4) then PoE will die instantly.

P.S. I like PoE, and wanted it rise and grow. But they don't even change UI in PoE 2. There is again Buff in one side, hp in other and mana in 3rd. This is totally stupid... Game Devs are out of their minds in my opinion.

You realise that when poe2 comes out we will have the ability to have minimum 9 x 6link abilities. Can you imagine the state of the game if we were able to do that right now?

Nerfs are and were needed for the longevity of the game and moving forward into poe2. Last thing you want is having to have 1 big mass of nerfs to everything for that launch. Easier and more palettable to do it piecemeal over the course of 4 or 5 leagues, so expect more nerfs to other things moving forwards.
ping pong effect again.
"
These include Blade Vortex, Blade Blast, Toxic Rain, General's Cry with Channelled skills, Seismic Cry, Carrion Golem, and Vitality.

Aaand? Where details?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info