STOP console leagues starting 5 days later.

Enough of the crap. There is no reason for this.

New leagues should drop the same day for PC and console.
I have 3070rtx/5600x Beast of a PC I built and I enjoy PoE on my series X way more.
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2021, 5:18:54 PM
console version is delayed because of certification.
Why does the delay matter to you? It doesn't matter as we're on console. You can avoid reddit or the forum until console league starts and avoid any spoilers.
I don't care about the delay, but I would really like it if they would give us some downtime between leagues.

Even if it's literally one day, it would be nice.

Additionally, I would *really* like the ability to preload the patch.

In fact, PS5 just introduced an official feature like that.

Maybe I can dream that we'll get that ability, once we have a next-gen version of the client (2022?).
You do get time to preload they give you 2 whole hours...

Also I like the staggered launches because pc always have a ton of issues at launch most of the time the worst are patched when it launches on console 🤷
"
You do get time to preload they give you 2 whole hours...

To be totally clear, even if they gave us 2 days under the current system, that still wouldn't be "preload".

The current system is like this: Once the new patch is available to be downloaded, you can't play the existing patch at all.

With preload, you can start downloading (but not installing) the patch *before* it becomes "current" on the live servers, so you can continue to play the game during/after downloading the patch.

PC players have a pseudo version of this, where they can download the ggpk ahead of time, which contains all the "content", but then they still need a small update when the new patch actually goes live.

I kind of suspect we'll never actually get preload, because GGG's schedule is so tight that they likely wouldn't ever have the patch ready even a few days ahead of launch.
lets talk about how trash a wednesday launch is...
If any of you have been paying any attention to today's PC league launch, maybe now you'll be less upset about our delayed launches?

We at least have some hope that our launch will be OK.

PC launch is a raging dumpster fire. No exaggeration. I feel bad for the PC players today.

Send GGG your positive thoughts and energy, because they need it right now.
"
QQPQ wrote:
If any of you have been paying any attention to today's PC league launch, maybe now you'll be less upset about our delayed launches?

We at least have some hope that our launch will be OK.

PC launch is a raging dumpster fire. No exaggeration. I feel bad for the PC players today.

Send GGG your positive thoughts and energy, because they need it right now.

who says they share the same servers as console? We have much smaller player base. PC has similar issues usually for awhile at the beginning of launch, just not nearly this bad for this long. Console doesn't. Separate issue...
"
LOLUBAD wrote:

who says they share the same servers as console? We have much smaller player base. PC has similar issues usually for awhile at the beginning of launch, just not nearly this bad for this long. Console doesn't. Separate issue...

We 100% share the same gateways.

If you watch a streamer on a specific gateway, and play on that gateway, if one of you has problems with it, the other will too, even though we're on console and they're on PC.

As to the game servers and DB servers, I would strongly imagine we're in the same pool of servers. Ours just have a different instance version running.

It is a valid point that console players make up somewhere between 1 and 10 percent of total players (depending on various factors), and therefore we don't stress the servers so much... but if we launched at the same time as PC players, there would just be *even more* players trying to play at the same time, and that would definitely lean toward causing more problems.

Furthermore, if you read any of the posts GGG made about the problems with PC launch, many of them were related to software changes.

So, if the DB version change caused issues for them, it would cause issues for us too.

It was not only a load problem. There are other issues too.

Issues we (hopefully) won't experience, because they'll have had 5 extra days to fix them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info