[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

Took 2nd lab and surv went up yea. Still i get 1 shot sometimes but i guess should get full resistances..for me it feels best to run around and cast only totems. If I stop to do dps myself, sometimes 1 shots occurs.
You already managed to get to level 67 with that gear?
Wow - respect :)

If you do not play SSF (means, you want to trade for items), you could easily get massive upgrades for 1 Chaos each in the following slots, as you have very low or no life on them:

- Helmet -> also ensure that you choose one with evasion rating
- Belt
- Maybe you can also get a cheap Amulett which provides you the required Strength and has Life on top. Agate Base Amulett has up to 24 Str / Int already without any additional mods like Life und resistance rolls.

Gloves and Boots (should also be with Evasion Rating, which you already have) could also be upgraded, but may cost more then 1 Chaos (especially Gloves, if you need the INT roll on them together with a high life roll).

Also, it looks like you need more resistances as well.
Try to have at least capped resistance of 75 in each element (ignore Chaos resistance for the moment). You should also overcap a bit, don't know what the required overcapping is, i always to to get around +40 extra resistance, meaning i have > 115 total resist in each element. This helps to still have 75 resis if you get cursed with elemental weakness.

Here are a few searches for you:
Amulett (Agate Base, 60 Life / 60 Elemental resistances)
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/n39ZM9u0

Helm (min 60 Life, 60 Elemental resistance, not corrupted)
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/Dj2rqn4C5

Belt (min 60 Life, 60 Elemental resistance):
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/nkzgBH0

Last edited by as_69 on Nov 14, 2021, 4:26:10 AM
Hello, I have a doubt if this buils is still efficient, this is following to the letter but in the population from lvl 100 it marks all the negative resistances. I also find that I do very little damage even to map I still lack things but there are many things in the guide here in the forum such as the gems and then in the pob they are not the same in the parts of the body. If you could tell me if there is something wrong, I would appreciate it. And the biggest doubt I have is because the toxic rain + ballista goes in the goal with empower and not only the toxic + empower in the goal?
How does this build deal with fast mobs/bosses? The build seems to look great, but I feel like it can work only with slow enemies (or even stationary).
dear donkster, first i wanna say a big ty for this fucking insane build , i tested it on trade sc and now i wanna do it in ssf u gave me the advice on reddit for this build. can u tell me the gems what i should use, with the background that i do not think i will get enlighten or empower in ssf. in the pob it is a lil bit confusing for me , what gems to choose in my gear. so i hope u can help me and write me the preferred gems for my gear to look out for ssf for noobs like me :-)

ty and keep the work rocking really happy about your build cya
Last edited by Karmoth666 on Nov 17, 2021, 9:50:28 AM
"
Hello, I have a doubt if this buils is still efficient, this is following to the letter but in the population from lvl 100 it marks all the negative resistances. I also find that I do very little damage even to map I still lack things but there are many things in the guide here in the forum such as the gems and then in the pob they are not the same in the parts of the body. If you could tell me if there is something wrong, I would appreciate it. And the biggest doubt I have is because the toxic rain + ballista goes in the goal with empower and not only the toxic + empower in the goal?

Without looking at your tree or the stats on your items, it looks like you’re trying to run with a 5 link quill rain and aren’t using malevolence. Do you have a despair on hit ring, because I don’t see a despair gem either. Also, this build utilizes the totems to provide most of the dps.

How to improve:
1. switch your 6 link setup to your ballista totems vs the selfcast.
2. Upgrade to a six link +3 bow/socketed gems then move your ballista totem setup to that
3. use malevolence
4. get despair for bosses if you don’t have it “on hit” on the ring.

Do those things, and if you’re still struggling, come back and I’ll take a deeper look.
~Donkster5
"
NetworkRanger wrote:
How does this build deal with fast mobs/bosses? The build seems to look great, but I feel like it can work only with slow enemies (or even stationary).

I can’t speak from experience this league, but I’ve used it to great effect in two leagues, ritual and ultimatum, where fast mobs were the norm. The totems lay down so much death that it covers the screen pretty quickly. Stuff runs at you and dies.
~Donkster5
"
Karmoth666 wrote:
dear donkster, first i wanna say a big ty for this fucking insane build , i tested it on trade sc and now i wanna do it in ssf u gave me the advice on reddit for this build. can u tell me the gems what i should use, with the background that i do not think i will get enlighten or empower in ssf. in the pob it is a lil bit confusing for me , what gems to choose in my gear. so i hope u can help me and write me the preferred gems for my gear to look out for ssf for noobs like me :-)

Good news is a plus three gems bow is pretty easy to craft this league… even in ssf. Just roll with malevolence and vaal grace and pop it on bosses. Use arctic armor or F&S as a defensive aura instead of grace. If F&S look for a scorpions call. It’s a great quiver still and I I’ve dropped it quite regularly in SSF. Bow gems are standard TR-BT-VP-SA-Efficacy-VM or Concentrated effect. For self cast, I’d use the utility gem setup with LGoH, MA, and WT.

You can also use WT on your ballista if you choose to not use the self cast very much or only have a 5 link chest. Replace VM/concentrated effect. Its less damage in PoB but stacks wither really fast, resulting in more dps long-term. I’ve had people use this setup and not have a self-cast at all. The_overmind92 famously did this in trade league and took down all the bosses, most of them deathless.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Karmoth666 wrote:

Good news is a plus three gems bow is pretty easy to craft this league… even in ssf. Just roll with malevolence and vaal grace and pop it on bosses. Use arctic armor or F&S as a defensive aura instead of grace. If F&S look for a scorpions call. It’s a great quiver still and I I’ve dropped it quite regularly in SSF. Bow gems are standard TR-BT-VP-SA-Efficacy-VM or Concentrated effect. For self cast, I’d use the utility gem setup with LGoH, MA, and WT.

You can also use WT on your ballista if you choose to not use the self cast very much or only have a 5 link chest. Replace VM/concentrated effect. Its less damage in PoB but stacks wither really fast, resulting in more dps long-term. I’ve had people use this setup and not have a self-cast at all. The_overmind92 famously did this in trade league and took down all the bosses, most of them deathless.
thanks a lot now i have to look what LGoH and so on means hehehe, but i will get the gem names,
so thank you very much for your help !
Last edited by Karmoth666 on Nov 17, 2021, 4:12:30 PM
"
Karmoth666 wrote:
]thanks a lot now i have to look what LGoH and so on means hehehe, but i will get the gem names,
so thank you very much for your help !

Haha, the names are written out in the endgame section of the build guide, or in the PoB. Specifically, LGoH is life gain on hit.
~Donkster5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info