Spell Totem

I'm going to make a guess that 18-341 is the Gem Tooltip damage?
Arc has a 50% Damage Effectiveness modifier, and the Gem Tooltip does not factor this in. Check the Character Sheet instead :)
Thank for your answer, you forced me to do some theorycrafting :

1) 18-341 is the gem tooltip damage.
2) once equiped, on the character sheet, it's 9-171.
3) once i put the spell totem, it's 5-102 on the character sheet.
=> Spell totem is reducing dmge by 40%. It means it still doing 60% of total dmge.

Total dmge = (base dmge on the gem) * Damage efficteness * spell totem effect.
Total dmge = 341 * 0.5 * 0.6 = 102.

0.5*0.6=0.3
It means that if you equip an arc on a spell totem, you have an overall 30% dmge effectiveness (or 70% less dmge as i wrote on my previous message).

If i put an Iron will on the whole, i see : 12-219
I have 569 strength. It means +113.8% dmge.
341 * 0.5 * 0.6 * (1+113,8%) = 218.7%
Iron Will grants Increased Spell Damage, based on your Strength. All 'Increased'-type modifiers are additive -> the Iron Will bonus is added to Passives and Gear-based bonuses.
'More' and 'Less' are separate, multiplicative modifiers. Damage Effectiveness functions the same as More and Less.

Rule of thumb:
(Base+Flat) * (Increased+Reduced) * More * Less
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 5, 2013, 12:07:40 PM
Can Spell Totem cast Fire Trap?
I tried Ancestral bond, briefly.

While it's cool having two totems, I found their damage reasonable however,without ancestral bond and having 1 totem and myself cast another spell was more effective than 2 totems in terms of my dps.

My main dislikes are that after having two totems and all minions summoned etc I just had to stand there and do nothing. I get that my skills no longer do any damage but I should atleast be able to do damage with my standard weapon attack. The other dislike is as I've read alot from other posts is that my totems died way to easily, 1-hit in most cases, even though I had increased HP from both passive perks and linked gems.

Would love to jump into the frey with mace and shield and bash my foes down (or wand from a distance) while my totems and minions cleared the rest.

not sure if it'd be OP or not but it could be cool if non-damage effects from skills still activated such as chill/freeze from ice nova or shock from lightning as well as any on-hit effects from my weapon of choice.
Just wanted to add to my last post that I am reasonably new to the game and still figuring out how best to link gem combos etc,I tried linking two spells to one totem but with no luck-only one of the spells actually cast, although people have posted it's possible to link two -pretty sweet if that's true! will have to play around more tonight.
-But for now I won't be using dual totems as I enjoy being right in the center of combat. If my standard weapon attacks did damage I'd be happy :)
Left the game for a couple of months because Spell Totem is weak as shit vs magical damage.

Come back, still shit. I'll back and check in another 2 months.
Question to Mark or whoever has had experience with this:

What is the interaction between Spell Totem and Cold Snap? Does the totem respect the 4sec CD? Can it draw power charges from your own pool to bypass the cd?
Hi there !

I was looking on internet about totem stats, and couldnt find anything about any of the totems life.
I would like to try a new build that would account totem's life, so i was wondering if any GGG admin could post stats, or if anyone had made tests that could determine roughly a totem's life

Thanks in advance !

EDIT :

"
Question to Mark or whoever has had experience with this:

What is the interaction between Spell Totem and Cold Snap? Does the totem respect the 4sec CD? Can it draw power charges from your own pool to bypass the cd?

the totem doesnt bypass cd, i havent tested the power charge bit though
Last edited by argondos on May 29, 2013, 9:35:15 AM
Does spell totem critical strikes proc surgeon's flasks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info