Trap

Does anyone know what the Default trap trigger radius is?
I am building a Trap Shadow and want to know if its possible to get around the dead zone of shock nova by using Shock Nova + Concentrated Effect + Trap and getting the increased trap trigger radius. What I am hoping is that the upgraded trigger radius with overlap, or at least match up with, the reduced dead zone of the Shock Nova + Concentrated effect.
"
Msyrin wrote:
Does anyone know what the Default trap trigger radius is?
I am building a Trap Shadow and want to know if its possible to get around the dead zone of shock nova by using Shock Nova + Concentrated Effect + Trap and getting the increased trap trigger radius. What I am hoping is that the upgraded trigger radius with overlap, or at least match up with, the reduced dead zone of the Shock Nova + Concentrated effect.
i believe it is a radius of 10, i wanted to say 12 but that is wishful thinking.
either way, i'm still potentially wrong.

other radius information: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/226/#p5041495

edit: max trap radius boost so far: 25% -> 10 *1.25 = 12.5
inner circle rad light nova: 14 *.7 =9.8
should be fine if that is correct... something tells me i'm not however
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 21, 2013, 12:43:56 AM
Trap + Projectiles don't aim when triggered by Sunblast. Don't know if this was intended or not, but traps triggered normally aim, so I don't know why traps triggered by Sunblast shouldn't.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The reason it prevents using the skill with a melee weapon if to handle skills that are melee and ranged correctly, like Frenzy or Elemental Hit. It doesn't work on any melee-only skills at all, and that has nothing to do with the restriction on weapon types.

While I don't really understand the reason you gave, I assume it's a good one. However, is there any Trap-like support that DOES work with melee skills?
Why doesn't this work with Fire trap?:(

I see no reason not to.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Because it's already a Trap? :/
It's a trap that will cast another trap when triggered. Second trap is just an active skill that is connected to Trap Support, I don't see a difference if the first trap throws our Spark or Fire trap.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
first trap will be the trap support, which yes casts the linked skill (anything not another trap mind you and also not a mine). so you're somewhat mixed up in your order of logic. second trap doesn't make sense to be another trap, but if it was, yes it would just be fire trap but that doesn't make another trap further (a third).

please be careful with how you say things. =p
Hi, i've been using this with conjuction with Remote Mine to support Puncture and the targeting of this frankly sucks. When I detonate the mine, it spawns a trap that goes right under the target's feet which then fires the Pucture arrow. Problem is this arrow seems to not have enough hitbox(?) to hit the target on top of the trap for around half the time. Not sure if this was an intended mechanic or a bug so I filed a bug report a couple of weeks back.

bug report page: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663153
Cuddles' DoT trapper build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/683322
Last edited by Cuddlepaws on Dec 13, 2013, 10:50:33 PM
"
Cuddlepaws wrote:
Hi, i've been using this with conjuction with Remote Mine to support Puncture and the targeting of this frankly sucks. When I detonate the mine, it spawns a trap that goes right under the target's feet which then fires the Pucture arrow. Problem is this arrow seems to not have enough hitbox(?) to hit the target on top of the trap for around half the time. Not sure if this was an intended mechanic or a bug so I filed a bug report a couple of weeks back.

bug report page: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663153

This is the only thing keeping me from using this support atm. It works fine when a monster moves into the trigger radius of an already laid trap, but when throwing a trap at a stationary enemy the resulting attack seems to have a very high chance to whiff. This makes it essentially useless against anything that isn't constantly moving, and just very unreliable in general.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info