Conversion Trap

Hi

Just curious why conversion trap doesn't mention minion in the description? If gem had added minion to description it would allow the stacking of minion passives and supports.

Otherwise multi trap+incr duration on conversion trap is awesome

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I have recently tested this out while using Haste + Wrath, but it seems not to affect the converted minions. There is no noticeable green circle on the converts or purple to show they are being affected by my auras. Are they not affected by player auras?
I know there is a possible nerf coming to conversion trap regarding pvp. But i think a heavy nerf to the duration is a LOT better of an answer than removing it completely.

It's vital to the balance of caster vs melee that conversion trap stays at least in a weakened form.
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Jul 27, 2014, 7:21:33 AM
why can't they separate pve from pvp (and be done with it)? some games cause skills to be a different form of themselves. then as poe is trying to be "gentle" with and try to only have penalties for pvp'ing. if ggg wants to stay on the last note, then skills that need more specific changes for pvp should have an additional line in thier description such as "40% less effective in pvp" or such.
1) never nerf gems in pve because of pvp. (when the hell do yall pvp anyway, cant find yah)

2) still say this gem should be confusion trap instead of conversion, allowing players to still hit said enemy. enemy see's everything as hostile, so it can still hit the player if its near him.

3) needs more gem compatibility, like added damage, or cast when damage taken / on death etc.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
Raghin wrote:
1) never nerf gems in pve because of pvp. (when the hell do yall pvp anyway, cant find yah)

2) still say this gem should be confusion trap instead of conversion, allowing players to still hit said enemy. enemy see's everything as hostile, so it can still hit the player if its near him.

3) needs more gem compatibility, like added damage, or cast when damage taken / on death etc.

2d option would be way too good and everyone and their grandmother would use this skill then and then it would be nerfed to the ground.

This skill alone with inc duration and multi trap is very very very strong defensive skill.
I just recently started really using this, and it certainly is good but it has one major issue I notice.
And that's the monster AI, being that they don't move or follow you.

The reason this is an issue, at least for my build, is that if you convert them for a long period of time as a result of Skill Effect Duration passives (90%) + Duration Increase, you can convert targets from anywhere from 20-30 seconds. This could allow you to do a lot of cleaver things such as capture a bunch of rare mobs to mow through content.

But alas, the AI fails. They don't follow, they just stand around with their thumb up their ass if their isn't something nearby to attack. So all that extra duration goes completely to waste, and since the only two things you can do with Conversion Trap Multi trap and Duration
And beyond say 15 seconds or so, duration is kind of useless.

I don't think this is intended is it?

Also, a slight suggestion. I'm astonished you haven't done this already, but have you ever thought about giving Conversion Trap a Valentines alternate skill effect? Where instead of those purple orbs floating off the covert, it's love hearts. Like you made your foes fall in love with you, that's why they converted. I think it would be cute, yet fitting.

Just a suggestion.

Edit: Made a correction, Conversion Trap has no AOE component.
Last edited by YohSL on Sep 11, 2014, 7:06:06 AM
Just because they like you, doesn't mean they follow you :) Skeletons also do not follow, for example.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Just because they like you, doesn't mean they follow you :) Skeletons also do not follow, for example.

Ah, true, but at least in the case of skeletons you can summon them and use a lot of support gems to pimp them out. Conversion Trap only does the one thing, and them not following you does limit the potential of this skill gem to being little more then a cute gimmick.
Hi noob here. I rip in Beyond due desync/PoE client frozed/got DC after 2-3sec/logged-in/surprise! (and I don't event know what killed me. there wasn't a large pack of mobs) in Merc Docks a while ago, so I've been thinking about how to not let that happen again.

How about this setup:

I've tested CWDT + Conversion Trap my self. And it doesn't work :(
To prove, I add in IC, and yeah, IC the only one being cast.
I wish Conversion Trap worked with CWDT and/or Cast on Stun. I hope this is not too much to ask.

While writing this, I thought about CWDT + Skeletons. Would that have kept me alive? But still Conversion Trap + CWDT sounds good - add in skeletons and decoy totem + IC + Icr Duration = lol.

Edit:
How about "Trap When Damage taken" trigger gem?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Nov 13, 2014, 7:52:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info