Ethereal Knives

If I augment this skill with fork, can a single enemy be hit multiple times (from forked projectiles) ? For example if I position myself in front of a big group, do the monsters at the far end of the group receive more damage (in theory atleast) ?
yes fork will multiply the projectiles and give chance for things in the back to get hit more times.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 21, 2012, 12:19:50 AM
Which interestingly makes this the only spell that inherently deals more damage per target the more enemies you have in a group.
It's really efficient.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Anyone tried it with blood magic marauder? With iron grip You get 100% projectile dmg and infinite mana with high regen,looks stronger than shadow or witch to me.
IGN:Vraarz
"
Vraarz wrote:
Anyone tried it with blood magic marauder? With iron grip You get 100% projectile dmg and infinite mana with high regen,looks stronger than shadow or witch to me.

It would have to be Iron will as Iron Grip only works with ranged attacks, not spells.

But it could be good as a build, I know others have used marauders as a base for fire based casters.
I use it on a marauder with QR and Blackgleam as an Incendiary build.
It works out, but the skill needs a decent bit of dex to work, and keep in mind that you don't have any cast speed/Projectile damage nodes near you.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
If I combine Ethereal Knives with Hatred and have Increased Projectile Damage, does Hatred's cold damage double dip from it? If yes and I then have Cold to Fire passive gem, does that triple dip from Increased Projectile Damage? If these are true, then I guess Increased Spell Damage also double and triple dips. I remember seeing these calculations somewhere but can't find them at the moment.

For clarification, here's calculation:

EK does 100 physical damage
10% Increased Projectile Damage
Level 1 Hatred (15% Physical Damage converted to Cold Damage)
Level 1 Cold to Fire support (40% Cold Damage converted to Fire Damage)

EK physical damage dealt is 100*1.1 = 110
Hatred damage dealt without cold to fire is 110*0.15*1.1 = 18.15
Cold to Fire takes 40% of that and deals 18.15*0.4*1.1 = 7.986 and leaves Hatred Cold damage to 18.15*0.6 = 10.89

Total damage is 110+10.89+7.986 = 128.876

Is this correct?
Last edited by Alhoon on Dec 31, 2012, 10:30:55 AM
There is no double (or tripple) dipping ever. That would make things multiplicative and badly calculated. Hatred is "added" not converted (although math is same just not removed from physical).

100 physical *1.1 = 110 total physical (got that correct)
110 *0.15 = 16.5 cold
16.5 cold *0.4 = 6.6 total fire and 9.9 total cold

combined damage is 126.5
Okay, so Cold to Fire actually never increases overall damage, unless there's Increased Fire Damage/Increased Elemental Damage passives or item mods involved? Interesting. Thanks for the response.
Does "increased Radius of Area Skills" and "increased Area Damage" passives work with EK?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info