Whirling Blades

I bought a Rigwald's savagery from trade and tried to use it with my Ahn's might for dual wield. Before on standard, I have a character who has the same items and can use Reave and Whirling Blades as my main skill and movement skill. I'm just wondering why can't I do the same on Betrayal league. Are there any changes on the mechanics of Whirling blades?
Tooltip attack time is meaningless bullshit. I don't even bother to make a gif.

The build with 0.95sec WB (old) attack time now feels faster than before.
The builds that were in the old 'comfortable speed' window (0.7-0.85) are a lot clunkiest now.

You can't use WB with Rigwald's Command and Rigwald's Savagery anymore because fuck basic game mechanics, if reddit said 'kill statsticks' it must be done no matter what.

I'm disappointed and frustrated by the new WB speed.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jan 6, 2019, 1:37:05 PM
Since the update, I meet a problem with Whirling Blades. at the end of the race, there is often a recoil movement so that we come back to a position between the starting point and the intended end point.
It is particularly painful especially when one has the habit of using this displacement to dodge or to leave a group battle too danguerous. it is assured death.
In addition to all the applied nerfs, it is to ensure that the players have no more chance of xp and it is more than abusive!

Please, fix this.
This skill feels bad to use:

1) No aoe so is kinda crappy at hitting anything: way too often I'll whirl right through a pack with no hits (100% hit chance btw).
2) Gets hung up on anything: besides the usual pebbles or whatever, inside dark interiors there's often clutter in the way that I can't really see.
3) Can't bridge gaps.

None of the above is a problem with leap slam. Are daggers/claws really that much better than swords? I'm using swords, so I was testing both whirling blades and leap slam. Please don't nerf leap slam, it feels good to use. ;)
Last edited by Daemonjax on Jul 26, 2019, 5:17:49 PM
Can whirling blades become a gap jump if you have max returned blades from venom gyre?
ooof, this skill, so good with Venom Gyre, but damn it, it get's stuck on tiny obstacles and edges....

Any chance this could be improved? Not asking for gap cross because IMO that is simply way too good, but maybe let it phase through small obstacles and make it more slippery on edges and corners? Not sure if It's possible.
Pff, who even plays Standard?
Why is Whirling Blades so slow in the Uber Elder fight? There's no debuff whatsoever and yet there's a huge delay when using it..........
Last edited by ZarkBit on Nov 29, 2021, 6:12:14 PM
What's the logic behind Divergent Whirling Blades?

200% increased Evasion while moving.

"While moving" gives the impression that it's applied while moving, and not while using Whirling Blades, so a small change in the description would be welcome.

Also, while using whirling blades? The buff doesn't even last a second, you have to be really good at timing it with the hit in order to get its benefit, most of the times you're just gonna be using it and hoping that the buff does its job at the right time, which is kinda meh, sure it could be something to use as a last resort to prevent death but it seems useless.

For now I don't have any ideas for it, unfortunately, will post later.

Edit: Cna you please for f sake find a fix for the awful rubber banding? it is very noticeable especially with low attack speed.
Last edited by ZarkBit on Dec 28, 2021, 5:14:15 PM
Remove attack time debuff and make this difficult clunky skill relevant again.
My biggest gripe about Whirling Blades is: It's an archaic movement skill that benefits mostly users who use skills (Withering Step i.e.) that set Blink skills (Dash, Flame Dash, et cetera) on cooldown and especially users who cannot use Leap Slam due to the weapon limitation, as claw/unarmed/dagger/wand/bow users cannot use it.

My suggestions:

A. Allow Leap Slam to be used with claw/unarmed/dagger and adjust the AoE of the skill based on the size of the weapon (i.e. two-handed sword will have a greater range versus dagger with a small range).This will shift the usage from one skill to another, neglecting the problems Whirling Blades has, but if Whirling Blades is too much of a hassle (code-wise) to work on, maybe it's the only solution?

B. Overhaul Whirling Blades so it can like (most) other movement skills travel through terrain.

C. Allow Whirling Blades to be animation cancelled. If you use Whirling Blades there is always this super awkward (feels like) second of no activity when you stop spinning and you cannot use any ability until the animation landing has ended completely. Additionally it would be maybe an idea to allow Bow users to equip a dagger instead of a quiver, as in Hunter archetype. That would enable the use of Whirling Blades as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info