Righteous Fire

If the Life Leech Support, which applies to any type of Damage capable of Leeching, has no effect, then why would a specific sub-type of Leech work.

Damage over Time cannot Leech.
Current state of Righteous Fire for spell is really bad. And I believe this skill was intended for spell buff.

Everyone know that those flask nodes near the Witch area are for Righteous Fire, but who would use it with flask nodes and buff nodes?

I know everyone use this skill with the shitty shield that is breaking the game and GGG ignoring it.

-----------------------------------------

Righteous Fire should be completely reworked. ASAP

-----------------------------------------
Don't fix it, I enjoy being one of the very very few non righteous fire marauders. If this gets fixed people might begin to explore other build possibilities. That would suck because being a non RF marauder makes me feel special and unique.

P.S. I support all cookie cutter builds
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Apr 29, 2014, 1:14:30 AM
I have a couple of questions. I have asked in-game players but some say "Yes" some say "No"
I now have 6.1k Hp and used some 10 regrets to take passive points in Immolation/FireWalker/Celestial Walker.

1. Does the %Age of Fire Damage from the Amulet/Ring add to the RF Damage ?

2. Does taking the passives form the

a) Immolation Cluster >> add to the RF damage ?
b) Celestial Walker >> add to the RF damage ?
c) Fire Walker >> add to the RF damage ?
d) Blast Radius >> add to RF "damage" ?
e) Amplify >> add to RF "damage" ?

I have had lengthy discussion with the in-game players. Some say yes. And those who say "No" tell me that the ones who say "Yes" are retards xD.

This is my Skill Tree :
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0LYRJpFE0WbxccGNsZhRpsG_ofAiFgJKol3ycvKPoppTWSNsU22DbpPAU8LT38QKBBh0bXR35KfUz_TipQUFKvVElVxlhjW69fP2BLYSFlTWegaHRxeXTtdPF4DXloeu-Cx4M4hNmE74dlh3aIG4jxi4yMz49GlKCYrZwtna6f36IApBmkrKcIqBipbqvFrUqvbLXytz64k7yfvorBBMWKxq7G2M0mz2XQ0Ngk2mLdDeFz4urjn-vu7FXtIO8O73zvhfAf8i_z3fZI-ej8xf4K

Last edited by poexx on May 10, 2014, 7:10:33 AM
1. Yes
2.a Yes
2.b Yes
2.c Yes
2.d Yes
2.e Yes

All Damage modifiers like:

%increased Fire Damage
%increased Elemental Damage
%increased Area Damage
%increased Burning Damage
%increased Global Damage
%more Area Damage (conc effect)
%increased Damage over Time

should work.

At least from my own research and replies from GGG
Simple question, why does Righteous Fire ends when life if 1? It should end when EFFECTIVE life is 1(life + energy shield).

It is quite discriminating that CI users cannot use this while they have life pool from which Righteous Fire can drain (and honestly it anyway does drain energy shield when you have some while not using CI).

... balance wise CI builds are not even close to be OP (compared to low life builds).

Last edited by Diphal on May 12, 2014, 8:21:23 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
Simple question, why does Righteous Fire ends when life if 1? It should end when EFFECTIVE life is 1(life + energy shield).

It is quite discriminating that CI users cannot use this while they have life pool from which Righteous Fire can drain (and honestly it anyway does drain energy shield when you have some while not using CI).

... balance wise CI builds are not even close to be OP (compared to low life builds).

take 70% es/sec damage is mitigated FAR easier if that was only thing involved...
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHKPrr7lfJuJM8jqcI6rqdro9GtAwabB0UkydGceQi89360hzc4YiDCSlPFy9_xh2qb57sOGTnhtHBxRGWyko62FXWJLAsv3C7GYbDOny7TdiApIau2ROsR5u1Vi0ki4x2Fdcvb-ssGYqsfz0P98HXhipN-wnE9lZjFSBLSfbaJ-1enyzpwBkajxkufEvsGd0NDQLZYVuvVw0Y29IhdPGtSp7Nah4hYAxfVbWoGECgzSbBBPIvBS1fP8RYog8n1S7_UFA=
this scary but 90% optimized thing would then be able to constantly maintain RF without uniques and with purity of fire plus vitality. or i suppose take out vitality and add some regen passives (take out some aura ones).

which isn't going to happen =p
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
take 70% es/sec damage is mitigated FAR easier if that was only thing involved...
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHKPrr7lfJuJM8jqcI6rqdro9GtAwabB0UkydGceQi89360hzc4YiDCSlPFy9_xh2qb57sOGTnhtHBxRGWyko62FXWJLAsv3C7GYbDOny7TdiApIau2ROsR5u1Vi0ki4x2Fdcvb-ssGYqsfz0P98HXhipN-wnE9lZjFSBLSfbaJ-1enyzpwBkajxkufEvsGd0NDQLZYVuvVw0Y29IhdPGtSp7Nah4hYAxfVbWoGECgzSbBBPIvBS1fP8RYog8n1S7_UFA=
this scary but 90% optimized thing would then be able to constantly maintain RF without uniques and with purity of fire plus vitality. or i suppose take out vitality and add some regen passives (take out some aura ones).

which isn't going to happen =p
What the hell are you talking about man? Since you posted your build, it is clearly visible that you don't care about your life pool since you transfer whole life regeneration to ES because of Zealot's Oath. You deal with whole dmg taken from RF in your ES pool anyway. Only dmg source which does bypass ES is chaos dmg (and RF obviously does no chaos dmg).

Only difference between RF ending at 1hp or 1hp+es would be that CI users could use it aswell. You would have to deal with the same amount of dmg in your ES pool as you do now since whole dmg is transfered to ES if you have some.
Last edited by Diphal on May 13, 2014, 5:21:55 AM
ZO is the regen counter, which is the point for most people using RF... to maintain it by countering the degen via regen and resistances.

i was giving a broken (and unusable normally) passive tree only example for a situation where RF would work with CI. it ends/doesn't-fire at 1hp because if it only worked on 1 Effective hp (via mostly just es and no hp), then it would be imbalanced.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on May 12, 2014, 6:57:58 PM
I don't see the point behind your thoughts.

Ofc ppl with RF are using regen and resistances. Well I guess that everyone is acutally using resitances, not just RF users. CI would not help them with this issues at all...

I guess that most RF users are running with auras and low life mechanics therefore they don't have huge life pool anyway. As CI user you would take no dmg from health pool, but you would take more dmg from higher ES pool. You would have to use regen nodes aswell with CI.
Last edited by Diphal on May 13, 2014, 5:36:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info