What games do you guys play other than POE?

Wh40k Inquisitor Martyr 2.0 is a whole different beast to what was released. I double dipped for console because I liked the basic world and the way Neocore interpretted it as an ARPG and frankly there arent many good ARPGs on console. Totally happy I did: the vibration on this game is so intense with the gunfire it reminds me of how my hands used to feel after playing Operation Wolf at the arcade.

Anyway its a great arpg now with plenty to do, good crafting, absolutely awesome enemy models (I mean they have decades' worth of miniatures to use), and surprisingly good melee. Most importantly it feels made for single player -- inquisitors typically work alone so while coop is a possibility it is clearly something the devs put in because ARPGs have multiplayer options...eventually.

The only downside and I know this is a deal breaker for some of you is it is always online despite being largely solo and buy to play. Neocore have a history of ahutting down servers without giving players an offline version...so that is a shadow hanging over an otherwise very playable arpg. I suspect by the time it happens I will have more than gotten my money's worth but no one likes to BUY a game only to know someday they won't be able to play it at all.

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin continues to be the most complex action game no one is playing. I am in awe of how deep the character customisation is in what is essentially a C-tier Squeenix/Team Ninja experiment. Wo Long will be a return to form for Team Ninja and of course Squeenix have their core hits but I am delighted that batshit crazy ideas like Nioh x FF can still happen on occasion. Those few who play SOPFFO really...really play it. Hilariously hardcore subreddit with like maybe a hundred regular posters breaking the game in really inventive ways. I love that shit. Intensely.

Oh and I picked up Mount and Blade 2 on ps5 as well. I loved the first and so far the second is even better buuut I honestly need to set aside all other things to really get into it and the fact that I am posting to a generic games thread on an off topic forum for a game I pretty much loathe is proof I kinda suck at that!

PS my ps5 just started downloading Tactics Ogre Reborn. This was hands down one of my favourite games for both SNES and PSP. Tactics Ogre > FFT and yes I will fite u irl over this!
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 8, 2022, 5:54:42 PM
"
Tactics Ogre > FFT and yes I will fite u irl over this!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Playing Tactical Monsters Rumble Arena since a year or so.
Great game, f2p with microtransations but very generous right now, you can play for free all time.
Its similar to fights in Heroes of might and magic. If you liked HoMM you should definitly check this game. Have fun.
Most ppl play on android or ios but steam version is also available.

Last edited by Kingoko on Nov 11, 2022, 4:25:22 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

To be fair it's like fighting over ice cream flavours when you consider that FFT is TO's dev team almost to the man, and there are pretty strong whispers that TOReborn is a test to see if the market is ready for a full FFT remake...so it's a win for Tactics fans either way!

Ive already burned 20 hours on TOR. As the kids say, this is so my jam.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
None.

This age is all about 3d person combat games à la dark souls or console inspired platformers or pixel art games. Not my type.

I am looking for a high quality gamer's game tailored to pc but I can't find it.

And plz don't mention Baldur's Gate 3 which rapes the baldur's gate franchise and is actually Divinity 3.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Nov 13, 2022, 3:38:01 PM
Lol just bought a drum peripheral for switch so the girl and I are taking turns killing our arms trying to drum along to anime and vocaloid themes. Weebs4lyfe.

Also been grinding some Gundam Battle Alliance because its actually a pretty goof little arpg of sorts and I suck at it so I need to sort of overlevel. Old story.

I think once I am done with Tactics Ogre I will pull the trigger on DioField Chronicle.

You couldn't be more wrong about the current range of games being released Rein but I suspect you are more comfortable clinging to that simplified opinion than you would be facing the much more complicated reality in which you might outgrow PoE so eh you do you, Exile.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 13, 2022, 11:51:00 PM
"

You couldn't be more wrong about the current range of games being released Rein but I suspect you are more comfortable clinging to that simplified opinion than you would be facing the much more complicated reality in which you might outgrow PoE so eh you do you, Exile.

Maybe I am just being grumpy but I do check out everything that gets released on GOG and there isn't much that caught my interest. I know Stalker 2 is coming but the release date is in 2 years. An 'Alice in Wonderland'-themed indie game will appear at the end of the year. But I know from experience that these kind of artistic games tend to have rather bad gameplay.

Maybe it is a golden age on console but not on pc.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

To be fair it's like fighting over ice cream flavours when you consider that FFT is TO's dev team almost to the man, and there are pretty strong whispers that TOReborn is a test to see if the market is ready for a full FFT remake...so it's a win for Tactics fans either way!

Ive already burned 20 hours on TOR. As the kids say, this is so my jam.

I was mostly joking. Both games are great, no doubt, its like different toppings on pizza (if you say pineapple however, then yes we are fighting) and I too am playing TOR on my PS5. Good times, and I will 100% get my money's worth very shortly.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Marvel Snap is fun if you like Marvel superheros and card games.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
Went back to Valheim, still love that game.
Been trying a few titles in my GoG account but nothing really gets me charged up.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info