What games do you guys play other than POE?

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (ps4/5) is back on my HDD after the DD2 announcement (prayers answered!). Started a dual-dagger thief (strider) because last time I played a much more vanilla mystic knight. One day I'll get around to a true caster because the magic in this game is bonkers.

Also playing Valheim once a week or so (bit late to the party) but purely as a relaxation device. The others go out hunting; I am a stay-at-home Jarl.

The name says it all.
Been playing a lot of AoE IV but taking a break atm until Season Two.

Want to restart FFXIV when a new EU data center arrives (a while from now).

Otherwise Stardew Valley and maybe someday Witcher 1 will stop crashing and I'll actually finish it. Pretty good game but oh lord the jank.
"
wjameschan wrote:
Still loving Sacred 2. Found a fairly active forum for answers to some of its more technical angles.

Something I appreciate is how most of the player characters aren't even human.
What's the forum? I loved the design of the Temple Guardian. You get a wheel, too. And back in Sacred I there was the vampiress. Very unique games.
"
Revenchule wrote:
What's the forum? I loved the design of the Temple Guardian. You get a wheel, too. And back in Sacred I there was the vampiress. Very unique games.[/quote]

https://darkmatters.org/forums/

I found it after reading there was an almost compulsory community patch, and from there keep finding it when I have mechanical queries. I don't post there but I had to register to DL the patch.

I picked up the game recently for $5 on Humble but I think that sale ended. I'd probably still pay full price for it (it's $20 or so I believe) because it's a very, very satisfying combination of arpg and open world exploration. Also, the townsfolk dialogue never fails to bring me a smile; it's always this ludicrous mix of fourth wall breaking, tongue in cheek, political and just plain random. Like bots roleplaying at each other.

There is an 'enhanced edition' patch that restores ragdoll physics (!) and replaces some of the less useful spells/skills, but it keeps crashing my PC, so I sadly had to let that one go.

And yes, I LOVE the mounts! Such an ambitious game.

I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
Trying some of the Future Games Show Steam demos:

The Unliving
Similar game loop as Hades. Rogue-Lite/Like. You start each attempt with a new base skills and try to get new skill upgrades as long you survive. You control in this game (as a Necromancer) a possibly large group of undead ,to overwhelm enemies.
Each undead minion inherits the abilites from the defeated enemies.
Spoiler

Farlanders
A round based Martian outpost similator where you need to manage energy,food,minerals and stuff to make the colony grow.
Demo includes only the prelude, which means simulation on earth to get players used to the interface and mechanics.
Spoiler

The Tarnishing of Juxtia
A 2D pixel art Dark Souls like game, the visuals remind of Dead Cells.
Characters can be customized with items (armour/weapons),spells,attributes like any DS game.
It has also the typical bonfires and souls equivalents.
Spoiler

edit:

Tried Chronicon 2D hack & slash game. Skill tree reminds slightly of that of Titan Quest but has more options to customize, lots of interesting item affixes (various dmg procs,orbiting minions,including set items). Game starts really slow in act 1 but with different affix combinations (including procs),passives and skills you blow up screens really fast around act 2 and it looks so satisfying, looking at the various skills (direct & indirect) going off.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 28, 2022, 8:11:13 PM
Finished Deus Ex HR Director's Cut 100%.
The dont-set-off-any-alarm achievement was a bit annoying and the last step on the road.

Diablo Immortal i will put on halt for a few weeks. But was not that bad or especially good either. Slightly positive as pure FTP and its obvious where the P2W roadblocks are (legendary gem leveling,way less crafting materials and some other shit probably as well).

Now focussing on Chronicon again and Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire after.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Chronicon is such a great game, IMO. its probably my favourite ARPG.
i can't wait for more DLCs, which next one allegedly will have a new class. the only downside i'd say Chronicon has, is the perceived imbalance between classes. templar just far far FAR outshines all over classes for end game grinding. just so tanky, and unmatched damage - its insane. but still fun!

i still need to give my warlock more love and try something which i just enjoy playing. i've tried a few builds and just dislike warlock - i'd like to remedy that.

oh and there are some beserker builds which just break the game - like 1 fps type of lag breaking the game. its very funny, but unfortunately unplayable.
About to jump on the V Rising bandwagon with the wife and a few close friends. :)=
It is unreasonable to expect reason from people who rely on the derogatory language and obdurate rhetoric of those disinterested in anyone's truth but their own. Hard truths do not come from the hard-headed, only recycled opinions.

I am mildly impressed by ESL trolls though. That takes serious ego.
so many say good on Chronicon so worth to try
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
chess
"
About to jump on the V Rising bandwagon with the wife and a few close friends. :)=

Game has a slow start with default servers settings in regards of mats spawn rate, blood drain rate and the like. But thankfully it can be changed before starting a new run.

Looks fun slowly upgrading your character with new spells and weapon arts after defeating bosses or upgrading your initially ugly roofless shed to a respectable castle.

Only thing i dislike is the setting of the game.
Looking at Vampires cutting wood or collecting stones like a WoW Peon looks kinda dumb.

----------------
Finished 3rd playthrough of Chronicon with Templar and i still stick with that character.
Feels nice with the Caine - Holy Fire set, like an RF PoE build but with lots of movespeed.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore

Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 13, 2022, 7:53:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info