GGG is 2021 is time to console be on the same track as pc. Console Equality

What needs to change is the system of acquiring the craft table income of the members of the Syndicate. I played intensely PoE Ritual first month, completed 36 challenges, but couldn't get crafting with Elreon (level 3 Total Mana Cost of Skills).

What is the use of having three types of rewards and experiences by Syndicate by map, since the encounters are random and you cannot manipulate the ways mentioned above and are made by the pc, not to mention that Jun's master missions received are 3x smaller.

I still don't understand how the PoE itens, coins and craft search system is linked and made by third party sites, that would be due to lack of time from GGG, laziness, lack of commitment to acquire more developers or even buy / hire this type of service?

In 2021 there are still scrolls, it is time to collect the item and be identified, cosmetics from animals that can collect currency. Link the consoles to the search database on the official website.
Last edited by DaniloPaiva on Mar 9, 2021, 3:26:01 PM
I've played POE since early beta on PC and now I mostly play on PS4. Console POE offered me a fresh take on POE when it was just starting to feel dull on PC. I'm one of those weird players who enjoys customizing their hideout and making builds that were never intended to happen more than I actually enjoy clearing end game content. For this I am fortunate when it comes to the console edition because acquiring the same gear I would usually have by day 3 on PC takes me weeks.

My main concern with POE on console is that there is so many different things to focus on and so few players to farm these items and make them readily available to the masses. POE on console has forced me to strip my characters of any real sense of creativity simply so I can actually find the gear I need to level it. There was a time where certain uniques would essentially break the game and I have seen GGG learn from this over the years and it has definitely caused them to be more cautious with updates and league mechanics ever since. The problem is I think console players need better RNG outcomes just to be able to keep up with a casual pc player. I've been playing ritual almost everyday since it started and I'm at the point where I'm about to give up on challenges altogether because it just seems so unobtainable when my chars with 20-30 ex investment can hardly clear t16 maps unless I run them white.

I understand that PC is where the money is and inevitably that is where GGG needs to pay the bulk of their attention to keep the game running. I know that the game is free (except for people like me who can't help themselves whenever new supporter packs come out), if it's the case where I need to just take a break from POE on console until things become a little more manageable then that is fine too (sure my wife would appreciate it), but I feel like we just need some more juice to make up for the lack of players. Let players find currency and rare uniques more easily. Let the game still be a grind, but one that is a little more rewarding.

We have an actual trade market on console, which is incredible, but I feel like it is not fully taken advantage of. Why is it if somebody lists an item for a specific price, and I pay that exact amount, they still have to accept it? Price fixing has always been one of the biggest issues with POE on PC and now we finally have a chance to get rid of it and we don't want to?
Last edited by X902BOSS on Mar 9, 2021, 3:55:02 PM
"
X902BOSS wrote:
We have an actual trade market on console, which is incredible, but I feel like it is not fully taken advantage of. Why is it if somebody lists an item for a specific price, and I pay that exact amount, they still have to accept it? Price fixing has always been one of the biggest issues with POE on PC and now we finally have a chance to get rid of it and we don't want to?

The real problem here is that the seller does not have to respond to any bid, at all.

They can keep the item listed all day(s) without ever having to interact with any other player who has placed a bid, even if that bid matches the asking price.

I can't count how many bids I've either never had accepted/rejected or have taken until the bot, or very inattentive player,... gets kicked/relogs.

Even a timer of one-hour for a bid that meets the listed price would be very welcomed. At the end of the hour, either the first bid that matched the asking price would be accepted or, if there's more than one, it'd pick an RNG "winner." (Not "first" since that's just an intrinsic bias towards bot responses.)

But, that might put more on GGG server-side, one supposes.

As far as the OP, I'm just tired of not being able to play because the XBox can't handle all the garbage being thrown at it. I get killed by "Angry Squares" and only hear the death-sounds or any sound ques at all many seconds later... Some builds in many Leagues can cause the gameplay to get so bad they're not even worth playing in Atlas maps.

There is no doubt at all that in all my gameplay experience with PoE on console, the most common cause of any character's death in any League has been a lack of optimization by GGG for console play.

"Morkonan was killed by poor console optimization."
"
First, if this were accurate, three times longer is pretty bad, rigth?

Also, I'm sorry, but it is *NOT* "exactly three times longer".

I could, for example, get 10 Intervention encounters in a row, and NEVER see any of the other encounters.

PC players are *guaranteed* Fort and Intervention EVERY TIME.

I used Elreon as my example, because he's the one I have big issues with, because so many builds *need* minus mana cost craft.

But if we were talking about Fortification, it's actually FOUR times worse instead of 2 times. (In 10 Jun Missions, PC players will get 10 Fort encounters, console players will get 2.5).

Additionally, above just the encountering the extra members, creating extra threads causes more members to show up during subsequent encounters. So it has a compound effect on how long it takes.
Everything mentioned here is still balanced out by the amount of rewards.

Yes, to get the same amount of actions on the board Console players need to run x3 times the missions of PC players. But after the same amount of actions on the board console players will have x3 the amount rewards.

The chances for branches on console also follow the pattern on PC. So after 30 encounters (3 per map on PC and 1 per map on console) both PC and console player will end up with the same amount of actions per branch on the board.
e.g. PC player will have 30 encounters with 10 garauntied Fortification encounters. A console player will have 30 encounters 33% of which are for Fortification branch. 30*0.33~10

As I mentioned before, there are very minor differences like Cadiro not being tripled. But in the long run both of the systems produce same-ish results.
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
Everything mentioned here is still balanced out by the amount of rewards.

Everything? How are the threads balanced?

Do Console players have 3x the chance for extra members to appear? Even if we do, it *still* wouldn't account for the snowball effect of making more threads = getting more members, which = more rewards.

The extra threads PC players get to create means that they get more and more members show up over time, which means even triple rewards is not "balanced".

Not to mention having to run more than 3x as many maps in order to find Elreon.

Look, I'm not trying to argue that it needs to be changed, but I'm really tired of hearing "it's balanced" or "it's equal", when it's clearly not.

"
Alexander_GGG wrote:

The chances for branches on console also follow the pattern on PC. So after 30 encounters (3 per map on PC and 1 per map on console) both PC and console player will end up with the same amount of actions per branch on the board.
e.g. PC player will have 30 encounters with 10 garauntied Fortification encounters. A console player will have 30 encounters 33% of which are for Fortification branch. 30*0.33~10

As I mentioned before, there are very minor differences like Cadiro not being tripled. But in the long run both of the systems produce same-ish results.

Thanks for explaining the weighting of the encounters on console. I haven't seen this info before.

That said, can you address the other question I've asked three times now?

Two parts:

A) Is it a bug that Syndicate members don't always drop at least 1 of their special veiled item (even when the mission is high enough level)? ("special veiled" is for example "Elreon's Veiled" or "Vagan's Veiled")

B) Is it a bug that Elreon's Veiled and Catarina's Veiled items don't always reveal their special mod? (minus mana cost and plus level of socketed gems, respectively). It sure seems like a bug. I suspect this can happen with other Syndicate members as well, but I've only taken note of it with these two.

Resolving those two issues (whether they are bugs or simply balance issues) would go a *long* way toward making Syndicate less painful.

Either that, or give us back the ability to Kalandra's Craft veiled items.
"
Everything? How are the threads balanced?

Do Console players have 3x the chance for extra members to appear? Even if we do, it *still* wouldn't account for the snowball effect of making more threads = getting more members, which = more rewards.

The extra threads PC players get to create means that they get more and more members show up over time, which means even triple rewards is not "balanced".
Relationships are identical on PC and console. If you perform the same amount of actions on the board, you will have the same amount of "threads".

"
Not to mention having to run more than 3x as many maps in order to find Elreon.
But Elreon drops x3 times the amount of veiled items.

"
That said, can you address the other question I've asked three times now?
As far as I know there are currently no known bugs/problems with how unveiling works. (it's identical on all platforms)
Thanks a lot for answering Mrs. Alexander,
Is nice to know you guys can show up ;}

Still I think you are missing the point on the Syndicate issue.
The league is around 3 months right? On PC it takes 3x times less to set a board. Now imagine it takes 2 weeks on PC.
On Console it will take half the league.

Are you sure this is acceptable? Just because we get 3x the unveil? This is just one aspect of Syndicate you guys are completly ignoring the Board and Relationships.
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
"
It takes console players *far* longer to set up our boards, plus *far* longer to even find certain Syndicate members who have key unveils (such as Elreon or Rin).
It takes exactly 3 times longer to do that. And when you do find them they will drop you not 1 but 3 veiled items.

Most of the statements above are correct but all of them should come with an addition of "but all the rewards are tripled".

Nobody farms betrayls for crafts... it’s about min maxing your board to get pures for leveling or hillock for quality ect... beyond day 1 the crafts are useless. Taking 3 times as long to get the encounters we actually want hinders us from forming pure breachstone rotations. Amongst other things.
Last edited by WiryRed Dragon on Mar 10, 2021, 8:19:24 PM
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
Relationships are identical on PC and console. If you perform the same amount of actions on the board, you will have the same amount of "threads".

Not true, buff trade market and harvest on console :D
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
]As far as I know there are currently no known bugs/problems with how unveiling works. (it's identical on all platforms)

Can you check with the devs or QA?

It *really* seems wrong that Catarina can fail to drop an item that grants you her special unveil. It's already super-punishing to do the fight, since it resets your whole board.

It just seems wrong in general that an item with a special veil tag could possibly not offer that special unveil. Why even have the tag then? Why not just make it all hidden RNG?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info