[Archived] Archmage Hexblast | 4M+ Ignite DPS | Budget Options League Start to Endgame

My gears this league so far, next upgrade would be better rings with mana regene or +1 min frenzy, stygain vise, +2 min frenzy chrage shiled or maxi ele resistance shield if resistance capped.

Still struggling at tier 13 maps because of the awful map drop. Still instantly died to some league mechanic and Porcupine Goliath !!!
Planing to get fortify on Virgil strike set up or Shield Charge to get more defense layers.
Any advice to improve more damage?

Personally prefer Spike conviction to one more fire Dot cluster, awakened support gems, and watchers on the min-max list.
Damage is good euough now deal with red map bosses.
How could I know the doom stacked on the monster? Just mental count of 4s after apply curses? XD

Also, I would like to try out blasphemy set up with Impresence for better mapping QoL.

Last edited by thebrokenarm on Apr 22, 2021, 3:52:22 AM
"
Do you think Essence of Delirium on ring can be good for us ? +5 doom is that good ?

It is definitely a damage increase. For the endgame version, it gives around 400k dps and almost 1M dps for the late endgame version.

It is a suffix though and considering how tight the resistances are, it will really only be worth getting for that late endgame version, once you have every previous upgrade from the endgame version.
"
Sha0Kahnn wrote:
Does the budget still apply? It seems Elementalist ignite builds are quite popular right now so I wonder if that affects it

I have made adjustments in the "League Start Order of Upgrades" sections for Early Mapping and Endgame gear because I did not expect the prices to be the way they are now. After the adjustments, the budgets are still approximately accurate.

That means that you will have to buy some budget options for jewels, cluster jewels, buy Dance of the Offered boots instead of Skyforth and skip Atziri's Foible and unlinked Cloak od Defiance in the Early Mapping setup.

Ignite Elementalists use completely different gear than this build, so their popularity does not affect it. General archmage builds (mainly arc, storm brand and ball lightning) are still quite popular though, so they keep buying our stuff :(
"
thebrokenarm wrote:

My gears this league so far, next upgrade would be better rings with mana regene or +1 min frenzy, stygain vise, +2 min frenzy chrage shiled or maxi ele resistance shield if resistance capped.

Still struggling at tier 13 maps because of the awful map drop. Still instantly died to some league mechanic and Porcupine Goliath !!!
Planing to get fortify on Virgil strike set up or Shield Charge to get more defense layers.

Personally prefer Spike conviction to one more fire Dot cluster, awakened support gems, and watchers on the min-max list.
How could I know the doom stacked on the monster? Just mental count of 4s after apply curses? XD

Also, I would like to try out blasphemy set up with Impresence for better mapping QoL.

You have modified the build quite a lot so it is gonna be harder for me to judge.

Defensively speaking:
- I see that you already have Shield Charge setup, so you don't really need Vigilant strike.

- You could upgrade your boots to Omeyocans which would get you 20% dodge chance

- Pathfinder is not really needed for this build as we don't rely on flasks as much as other builds. I have even thought about dropping mana flasks completely or going for instant mana flask as the overall mana regen without flasks is already good enough. I would respec to Hierophant - it would increase your mana - which means more damage for archmages - and it would give you stronger Mind over Matter.

- You could get the stun avoidance enchant for your boots and unspec Unwavering Stance. That would free up some of your passives.

- You have changed the skill tree pathing a lot. Now, you don't have the "Mana and Mana Gain on Killing Blow". Mana gain on kill can save you, especially in ultimatums. You can solve this by getting Cinderswallow. You could also get Stun Avoidance on Cinderswallow and together with the stun avoidance boot enchant, you would become stun immune.

- Since you went for max block, you might get the "mana gain on block" modifier for your shield.

- Porcupine are the worst. This build has no corpse removal so you just have to be careful. Kill them from far away and move perpendicularly to their direction to doge the projectiles.

- Probably expensive, but a big mana regen boost would be getting the increased mana recovery rate influenced modifier on your belt.

For more damage:

- I see that you already have enhance and anomalous flammability. If you get +2 level of socketed support gems for your shield, it will ba a HUGE damage boost. If you could get enhance lvl 4, it would be even better.

- Better helmet enchant is "Arcane Cloak spends an additional 15% of current mana". The hexblast enchant increases only the direct hit, not ignite damage.

- I'm not sure if Spiked Concoction is worth it. You lose one cluster notable which is quite a lot of damage. The small one giving fire damage overtime multiplier is also nice.

- If you could geet the new essence modifier on your ring, increasing max doom by 5, it would be also a considerable damage increase. That will be expensive though.

- You have dropped a lot of rare jewels from your skill tree. I would at least get the jewels sockets that are within 2 passives of your tree. You can get 20% burning damage in every single one and increased mana.

- If you get the Intuitive Leap jewel, it will save up a few passive skill points for you.

- You are using 2 defensive curses. I haven't tested this option yet. It might be good for ultimatums but it decreases your damage quite a lot. Maybe try replacing one with elemental weakness? Or do you feel like you need the defensive layer? I'm not sure on this one.

- Get 20% quality on your gems or the alternative qualities / awakened gems.

- After that it is just upgrades named out in the late endgame section.

"
GimbO wrote:
"
Do you think Essence of Delirium on ring can be good for us ? +5 doom is that good ?

It is definitely a damage increase. For the endgame version, it gives around 400k dps and almost 1M dps for the late endgame version.

It is a suffix though and considering how tight the resistances are, it will really only be worth getting for that late endgame version, once you have every previous upgrade from the endgame version.

It's a prefix on the wiki ! https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Essence_of_Delirium
"
GimbO wrote:
"
thebrokenarm wrote:

You have modified the build quite a lot so it is gonna be harder for me to judge.

Defensively speaking:
- I see that you already have Shield Charge setup, so you don't really need Vigilant strike.

- You could upgrade your boots to Omeyocans which would get you 20% dodge chance

- Pathfinder is not really needed for this build as we don't rely on flasks as much as other builds. I have even thought about dropping mana flasks completely or going for instant mana flask as the overall mana regen without flasks is already good enough. I would respec to Hierophant - it would increase your mana - which means more damage for archmages - and it would give you stronger Mind over Matter.

- You could get the stun avoidance enchant for your boots and unspec Unwavering Stance. That would free up some of your passives.

- You have changed the skill tree pathing a lot. Now, you don't have the "Mana and Mana Gain on Killing Blow". Mana gain on kill can save you, especially in ultimatums. You can solve this by getting Cinderswallow. You could also get Stun Avoidance on Cinderswallow and together with the stun avoidance boot enchant, you would become stun immune.

- Since you went for max block, you might get the "mana gain on block" modifier for your shield.

- Porcupine are the worst. This build has no corpse removal so you just have to be careful. Kill them from far away and move perpendicularly to their direction to doge the projectiles.

- Probably expensive, but a big mana regen boost would be getting the increased mana recovery rate influenced modifier on your belt.

For more damage:

- I see that you already have enhance and anomalous flammability. If you get +2 level of socketed support gems for your shield, it will ba a HUGE damage boost. If you could get enhance lvl 4, it would be even better.

- Better helmet enchant is "Arcane Cloak spends an additional 15% of current mana". The hexblast enchant increases only the direct hit, not ignite damage.

- I'm not sure if Spiked Concoction is worth it. You lose one cluster notable which is quite a lot of damage. The small one giving fire damage overtime multiplier is also nice.

- If you could geet the new essence modifier on your ring, increasing max doom by 5, it would be also a considerable damage increase. That will be expensive though.

- You have dropped a lot of rare jewels from your skill tree. I would at least get the jewels sockets that are within 2 passives of your tree. You can get 20% burning damage in every single one and increased mana.

- If you get the Intuitive Leap jewel, it will save up a few passive skill points for you.

- You are using 2 defensive curses. I haven't tested this option yet. It might be good for ultimatums but it decreases your damage quite a lot. Maybe try replacing one with elemental weakness? Or do you feel like you need the defensive layer? I'm not sure on this one.

- Get 20% quality on your gems or the alternative qualities / awakened gems.

- After that it is just upgrades named out in the late endgame section.

Thank you for answering me point by point with these details.

I used to build around with pathfinder (for example. Akane miner) cause of my bad flasks management also personal choice so that I decided to go for pathfinder.

I got helmet enchant by myself from uber lab farming. Unfortunately, didnt get Cloak enchant.I knew that's great for defense.

Dont want to lost %mana per second that's why I haven't upgraded my boots.it lost 5% movement speed and 20% dodge but save 1 passives.

reached tier16 now have to do some corrupted maps so that running with two defense curses. gem swap enfeeble to despair for boss fight.

YEP Intuitive Leap I see, would buy it later for cheaper.

Mana recovery rate in belt is hard to achieve due to harvest nerf.

I'll try to craft doom+5 ring later. and better shield with %mana on block,both of them hard to craft now. Sadge
I don't understand one thing, why does my fortify lasts only 8 seconds? I'm using general's cry setup with Vigil crimson jewel.

I get some good new stuff for my chara, now i can do Trial in red map ( still hard some time but doable)
I craft a '' perfect '' stygian vise
now i'm focus on not dying so much. Love your build mate i try to push it to the max !
Nice build, thanks for the guide. Was a bit rough at the start and almost undoable in ultimatums, that's my first time playing with Hexblast and curses.

Not in T14-T16 yet, still T10-T13 for conquerors progression, but I feel I can comfortably reach requirements for lvl83 mobs and bosses, just need a bit more currency.

Need to revamp passives and clusters (quite expensive, didn't check how drastically it affects damage to invest in them right now). Gear is meh, still 5L, but it performs pretty nice for this tier of maps (was on 4L till mid-yellow maps I believe).

Currently throwing all fusings on my cloak, too lazy to craft curse immunity on flask and get jewel with corrupted blood immunity (I believe regular bleeding doesn't bother me at all, Agnostic OP). Still thinking about perfect way to get stun immunity (gear, crafted flask mod, passives?).

Also not sure if Vigilant strike is the best gem to fit here (3 gems actually and jewel slot) but have no idea what fits better, maybe some kind of CWDT and other ways to raise survivability.

After fixing current issues and revamping clusters next step I think will be a huge upgrade to mace+shield and Crown of the Inward Eye.

Gear
Spoiler

My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SystemNick
I like your build, went for it this league.

Only downside i find is that i die to lagspikes (my i5 3570 seems too old for this unoptimised game).

I think it's also because cast time to make a pack of monster die is a bit too long compared to some other builds (for now, maybe with better gear it improves...)

I used to play Cyclone for this reason : you can leech even while on the lagspike frame :D

I dropped an exalt at lv75 so i bought the armor right away and it's nice !

Now Atziri amulet + need to cap resis with better helm/belt.

Does elemental damage with attack skills works ?

Thanks
Last edited by Saucette69 on Apr 22, 2021, 5:19:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info