[Archived] Archmage Hexblast | 4M+ Ignite DPS | Budget Options League Start to Endgame

Hey, enjoying the build a lot.

The stun issues go away once your Arcane Cloak eats enough mana, at least in my experience.

One thing I want to ask is, if there are any alternatives at all to vigilant strike. Honestly with the duration nerfs its a bit much to keep up optimally, was thinking something like a chaos golem with minion life and meat shield/cwdt tempest shield with increased duration or something similar. But both those examples come 20k hit pool short of fortify in PoB. Any ideas?

Cheers.
"
SanyaV wrote:
Hey, enjoying the build a lot.

The stun issues go away once your Arcane Cloak eats enough mana, at least in my experience.

One thing I want to ask is, if there are any alternatives at all to vigilant strike. Honestly with the duration nerfs its a bit much to keep up optimally, was thinking something like a chaos golem with minion life and meat shield/cwdt tempest shield with increased duration or something similar. But both those examples come 20k hit pool short of fortify in PoB. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Hey, I'm glad you like it!

Unfortunately, I do not think there is an alternative to Vigilant Strike that would be as strong. You can scale it quite a bit though and once you have all the gems and their quality, it should be fine. With Vigilant Strike 20/20, Divergent Ancestrall Call 20/20 and Faster Attacks 20/20, you will get Fortify for around 14 sec and around 0.5 sec cast time.

I will probably also drop Second wind in the Flame Dash setup, socket flame dash into the scepter and link level 4 Enhance to Vigilant Strike setup. That will give you 16 seconds of fortify with attack speed under 0.5 sec and +6 Melee Strike Range. It should not be too anoyong to keep fortify up at all times with this.

I would not sacrifice fortify to chaos golem or tempest shield, but you might try to fit the gems in together with fortify if you are willing to sacrifice something else (like Faster Casting or Increased Crit Chance on Storm Brand).
i have a question for you. How do you deal vs hexproof bosses ?? your damage is reduced by like 80% its almost no dmg at all.
Without going acculist this build will take for ever to kill even normal hexproof mobs .
Max blocks Tanky dualist 34-40k dps thread/1028992
Almost max blocks Tanky witch 40k dps physic or element build thread/1071884
I just came back to play PoE after not playing in roughly 5 years. Perandus League was the last league I played in. This is the build guide I happened to stumble upon for my league starter and I am loving it! It feels stronger than anything I have ever played in the past. Right now I'm in the early mapping stages and I'm looking forward to progressing to the late game portion since that is all new to me since I last played.
Last edited by st041986 on May 4, 2021, 8:24:18 AM
"
bfhcorp85 wrote:
i have a question for you. How do you deal vs hexproof bosses ?? your damage is reduced by like 80% its almost no dmg at all.
Without going acculist this build will take for ever to kill even normal hexproof mobs .

Hey, the only solution to this would be using Cospri's Will, but it is not really necessary, imo. All the endgame bosses (Sirus, Maven, ..) are not hexproof so it is not an issue there. Then you have to remember that all the other "normal bosses" and normal mobs have much lower resistances than endgame bosses so the damage will actually not be that bad even if they are hexproof.

With the endgame setup, you will deal 10M dps against non-boss enemies and 6.5M dps against standard bosses. That turns into 3M dps against hexproof, non-boss enemies and 2.5M dps against hexproof standard bosses.

With the late endgame setup, you will deal 30M dps against non-boss enemies and 18M dps against standard bosses. That turns into 8M dps against hexproof, non-boss enemies and 6M dps against standard bosses.

It will definitely be slower, but no the end of the world and not worth rolling occultist for, in my opinion.
"
st041986 wrote:
I just came back to play PoE after not playing in roughly 5 years. Perandus League was the last league I played in. This is the build guide I happened to stumble upon for my league starter and I am loving it! It feels stronger than anything I have ever played in the past. Right now I'm in the early mapping stages and I'm looking forward to progressing to the late game portion since that is all new to me since I last played.

That's great to hear! I hope you will have lots of fun with the build!
Your build is awesome

I just bought the inward with increased mana cost of arcane cloak, it's a big boost in damage and survivability but when I get hit right after casting cloak, my mana is still recovering and it leads me to run OOM and eventually die. It happens mostly in ultimatums, not much fighting regular mobs/bosses

Looked for an alternative but maybe my regen is low, I have 970 mana reg (no boot enchant). I did switch back to my old helm until i get the enchant, and I hope it'll fix my mana issues

Overall, excellent build, enjoying it a lot
Last edited by zer0code on May 7, 2021, 11:48:46 PM
"
zer0code wrote:
Your build is awesome

I just bought the inward with increased mana cost of arcane cloak, it's a big boost in damage and survivability but when I get hit right after casting cloak, my mana is still recovering and it leads me to run OOM and eventually die. It happens mostly in ultimatums, not much fighting regular mobs/bosses

Looked for an alternative but maybe my regen is low, I have 970 mana reg (no boot enchant). I did switch back to my old helm until i get the enchant, and I hope it'll fix my mana issues

Overall, excellent build, enjoying it a lot

Always happy to hear people enjoying the build! I looked at your gear and it looks pretty good. If you are having issues with mana regen then there are a few upgrades that you can make.

The easiest one is the boot enchant. It gives A LOT of mana regen, basically for free. If you don't want to run the lab multiple times to get it, you can always buy Twice Enchanted prophecy and Gift to the Goddess. That gives you 9 enchants per run so you will have to do it twice on average to get it! You can also buy some good helmets to slap expensive enchants that you get in the meantime and profit from them.

You could also get some mana regen if you bought basically the same ring but with explicit mana regeneration. After applying catalysts, you can have over 80% mana regen on a ring! Fertile Catalysts on your amulet would also help you a lot.

You can also have mana regen on a shield but that might be overkill.

The biggest upgrade, but also an expensive one, would be getting basically the same belt but with the Redeemer or Shaper influenced modifier "% increased mana recovery rate". This modifier works like a multiplier for your mana regen so it would increase it by a lot, but it would also be very expensive to get.

You can also take advantage of the mana recovered on kill (that we get from the passive tree) in ultimatums. When you are running low, always dash away (even outside the circle) to get away from the largest pack and cast hexblast from distance. That should kill a good number of mobs and every kill recovers you 2% mana. After getting back to the circle, your cloak should also be off cooldown so that will help you survive as well.
figured i'd share my pob for this league so far. my next build with hateforge is far too expensive so havent been able to switch to anything else yet -

https://pastebin.com/rQ1cT3ri

its a block version, pob dps is now at 4.7 mil but thats with 4 stage sigil and cinder + atziri flasks up. 3.5mil sustained is closer to accurate. still enough for all endgame.

build not as tanky as i want it. not sure if everything i gave up in order to bring block up was worth it. but atleast not crazy expensive outside the intuitive leap with bleed immunity corruption which of course wasnt necessary but seems like it will be easy enough to sell once i can get a good cheaper jewel with the corruption.

not including that leap jewel i'd say total cost of build ~15 ex? not bad for the dps imo.

keep in mind the block is VERY good for ultimatums. esp with how good the blind is for all those mobs, if youre ok cycloning around between ignite casts. but for bossing its very sketch; hiero/chieftain likely a lot better for bossing.

the megalomaniac cluster i have is def not worth. im still looking for somethign better so just leaving it there for now.

last thing i'll probably do is get refund a few life/mana passives and get another medium cluster with blowback/wasting or some other big dps combo but havent been able to afford it yet.
I have a question, how do you do the Ultimatum, Now I'm lv68 but i keep dying in Ultimatum Tier 1 map, like i can't do anything...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info