Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Played this last league, really was a super zoomy build.
Currently level 91.

https://pastebin.com/FsxQ6Xy0

Currently have 5.4m per brand combined dps with that evil/wish jewel.

Did the 3 cluster jewel for more damage.

Anything I should change with my gear or tree?
Last edited by EarltheGreat on May 2, 2021, 6:29:43 PM
"
roetetoet wrote:
"
Ymka88 wrote:
Which is better, The Ephemeral Bond or Badge of the Brotherhood?

Ephemeral Bond without HH
Badge of the Brotherhood with HH

It's not quite that simple:

HH with Glorious Vanity (Corrupted Soul):
- Badge for mapping, swap to Ephemeral Bond for bossing

HH with Elegant Hubris (Frenzy charge on hit):
- Badge for mapping. Swap Elegant Hubris for Militant Faith + Ephemeral Bond for bossing.

In either case Badge is going to be less dps for single target. And Frenzy charges aren't enough to be better than using both an Ephemeral Bond + Militant Faith when it comes to single target DPS.
With a small nod to my failure to add alternate quality, I just rolled this:

Any idea if I should use this and just go penance brand? Is it worth trying to sell it to fund my cluster jewels? I'm still at an early point in trying to assemble this build where money is tight, so I'm not sure which way to go. I've got about 50c to my name and just barely starting reds with a 6L ag-west and some trash gear I bought during the story, but the build is very fun so far!
https://pastebin.com/rUTKPZzW

After following the progression guide mostly for a bit, I decided to make my own spin.

Overview:
-4.4-4.5k life, 2.5k ES, 4.2m DPS per brand without vaal haste/RF, pseudo ailment immunity which allows me to run better flasks and have flask switches for big bosses, pseudo stun immunity from boot enchant+body craft

-using wrath and zealotry with some reservation nodes on tree
-Badge of the brotherhood variant
-Using rare regalia with gravicius craft, frenzy on hit, ideally would have both +1 curse and frenzy
-switched from replica soul tether to glorious vanity+rare stygian for better resists and life, as it was hard to get res capped.
-asenaths touch
-corrupting blood immunity from jewel, but puncture/other bleeds can be dangerous
-Pseudo ailment immunity using craft on helm, craft on body, and shaper boots for a total of 90%, and then a conditional 10% from abyss jewel (10% avoid ailments when you have elusive). The elusive conditional can also be obtained on a belt enchant and that would probably be BIS. Burning ground still affects you unfortunately I found out, that might be a bug though.
-stopped using thread of hope in witch spot as its kinda overrated once you get other sources of lightning pen/ES leech

Next upgrades?
-+1 curse and frenzy on chest
-watchers eye
-bottled faith + frost shield might give enough crit to remove diamond flask

Conclusion:
All in all, very good build from Fyregrass, and certainly not zHP like alot of the cold conversion glass cannons. Addition of inspired learning made me almost immortal in ultimatums. Frost shield is insanely good in ultimatums as well. I pretty much stopped using Vaal RF at around 94 as its quite dangerous to use and gets you killed alot.

Last edited by Innovation18934 on May 3, 2021, 9:46:29 AM
Just wanted to say - Amazing guide. One of the most detailed but also understandable/accessible guide I've seen in my years of playing. From the screenshots, explanations and POB links it really is a pleasure to read and use as a basis for my upcoming build. I look forward to starting this build sometime this week. Thank you for putting in so much effort. It is greatly appreciated!
"
https://pastebin.com/rUTKPZzW

After following the progression guide mostly for a bit, I decided to make my own spin.

Overview:
-4.4-4.5k life, 2.5k ES, 4.2m DPS per brand without vaal haste/RF, pseudo ailment immunity which allows me to run better flasks and have flask switches for big bosses

-using wrath and zealotry with some reservation nodes on tree
-Badge of the brotherhood variant
-Using rare regalia with gravicius craft, frenzy on hit, ideally would have both +1 curse and frenzy
-switched from replica soul tether to glorious vanity+rare stygian for better resists and life, as it was hard to get res capped.
-asenaths touch
-corrupting blood immunity from jewel, but puncture/other bleeds can be dangerous
-Pseudo ailment immunity using craft on helm, craft on body, and shaper boots for a total of 90%, and then a conditional 10% from abyss jewel (10% avoid ailments when you have elusive). The elusive conditional can also be obtained on a belt enchant and that would probably be BIS. Burning ground still affects you unfortunately I found out, that might be a bug though.
-stopped using thread of hope in witch spot as its kinda overrated once you get other sources of lightning pen/ES leech

Next upgrades?
-+1 curse and frenzy on chest
-watchers eye
-bottled faith + frost shield might give enough crit to remove diamond flask

Conclusion:
All in all, very good build from Fyregrass, and certainly not zHP like alot of the cold conversion glass cannons. Addition of inspired learning made me almost immortal in ultimatums. Frost shield is insanely good in ultimatums as well. I pretty much stopped using Vaal RF at around 94 as its quite dangerous to use and gets you killed alot.

Sounds very interesting, I'll definitely steal some of your ideas :)
How is the clear with Asenanth's Gentle Touch? I'm still running a Storm's Gift - but if the clear speed is similar I'd gladly swap for your setup.

Btw. what I found very helpful: A Watcher's Eye with Wrath and Precision (Gain Flask charge on Critical Strike). Since we crit almost 100% of the time, you practically have perma-flasks - even during boss fights. Downside is losing a gem slot and 21 mana reservation (lvl 1 Precision).
Last edited by maaalex on May 3, 2021, 8:09:38 AM
"
maaalex wrote:

Btw. what I found very helpful: A Watcher's Eye with Wrath and Precision (Gain Flask charge on Critical Strike). Since we crit almost 100% of the time, you practically have perma-flasks - even during boss fights. Downside is losing a gem slot and 21 mana reservation (lvl 1 Precision).

I think the flask charge on crit mod got nerfed many leagues back, it has a 0.3s cooldown and will randomly select one of your 5 flasks to refill? I have that same mod from an influenced belt and it doesn't seem to refill my flasks at all on bosses.

Clear is certainly good, but would say its slightly worse than impulsa+storms gift combo. Can do open layout maps in about 1.5 mins ignoring league mechanics. You sometimes get stragglers, but with enough brand attachment range stacking, the stragglers using get killed without recasting. I don't use brand recall on left click, I'd rather cast it myself in good positions to increase clear speed. However, once your inspired learning steals enough "phys as extra ele" mods from rares, the chains are pretty consistent and I don't notice any clearing issues.
I think i'm pretty much done, still need the HH though

https://pastebin.com/X2WUzse5

Think i did well, some nice dual influenced vermillion rings because im too poor for power charges, but they do provide well.
Ive pretty much stopped dying now at last. ES on hit / Wrath pen Watcher's helped.

Swap in a Bottled Faith for Quicksilver when bossing

My gloves are also pretty cool, for dipping into the phys Inspiration/HH buffs

Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by evolite on May 3, 2021, 2:57:05 PM
can someone please help me with min/maxing my current setup?
Like what would be my best next upgrade?
https://pastebin.com/niUxnL59

Thank you guys very much
"
evolite wrote:
I think i'm pretty much done, still need the HH though

https://pastebin.com/X2WUzse5

Think i did well, some nice dual influenced vermillion rings because im too poor for power charges, but they do provide well.
Ive pretty much stopped dying now at last. ES on hit / Wrath pen Watcher's helped.

Swap in a Bottled Faith for Quicksilver when bossing

My gloves are also pretty cool, for dipping into the phys Inspiration/HH buffs

Thanks for the guide!

I would respec out of the ele damage nodes at shadow start, take the 2 int nodes as the ele damage nodes points can be spend way better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info