Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

$$$$$$$$$$$
Last edited by T2Future on Apr 27, 2021, 6:34:54 PM
Crafted my helm today! Hit pretty decent!

I am a masochist and doing a HC version....

Just about level 90 doing Ultimatums and such.... Entering Red Tier Maps.... FUN build.... gonna be deaded soon probably tho.

I got lucky with a ELEGANT HUBRIS and got "Frenzy Charge on Hit" for 3 points and also got a "+37 Chaos Res" for 1 skill point... so it makes using Badge of the Brotherhood feel good. And 9 Frenzy = 36% more damage so it is better than Militant Faith for the time being.

I am trying to figure out how to squeeze some more defense tho... My defences are "4600 HP ... Elusivie ... Flesh and Stone ... Manuel Dodge"

But, watching Storm Brand run a much is entirely enjoyable. Build is pretty cheap in HC because it isn't overly defensive. I would like to try to get a Replica Soul Tether and do some hybrid stuff.... but I am working on 6 L my Inpulsa first so I can throw in Energy Shield Leetch.

Like the build tho. Thanks for taking time to update and reply to people.
Last edited by solester00 on Apr 27, 2021, 4:13:07 PM
Hey Fyregrass, enjoyed your build and your comprehensive build guide.

Just wanted to say that like many others, I was struggling with survival, but I found the best possible upgrades to encourage survival and fast, carefree mapping alongside Ultimatum trials is the procuring of the Replica Soul Tether and integrating a Cinderswallow Urn Silver Flask into the flask setup.

Constantly regenerating ES through kills (which, storm brand does exceedingly well) combo'd with the Corrupted Soul passive allows for a massive practical eHP increase. It feels really well, even when only having 3.5k life and 1.3k ES. Now T16 Ultimatum are exceedingly easier and easier, even on a 5-Link Inpulsas.

It's a wonderful guide, but I think publishing a tankier, more forgiving variant would get a much better reaction from the community. I know a few newer players who have sorted through this guide and are struggling to maintain their survivability with the minimalist defensive layers.

I'd say, before any of the big upgrades, a Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching is important in the build for panic-flasking during dangerous Ultimatums. When running the MoM variant, an Enduring mana flask is extremely helpful too. I prefer the half-instant and half-regen variant over the full-instant life flask given that the variant only restores ~200 life less instantly. Also, I would not overlook the importance of the Evil Eye / Wish for Death cluster jewel. Blind is a fantastic mechanic to survive and is a very overlooked defensive mechanic biding well with strong multi-target offense.

I think your guide was written immaculately! The build has been a blast so far, thanks so much!
Last edited by vRelinquished on Apr 27, 2021, 4:34:39 PM
Still having mana issues with a cinderswallow and enlighten level3, clarity kept at lvl7
Can't even beat tier 5 maps, build is a waste of time for newer players
I'm actually transitioning to the build based on void batteries.
What can i say about this build till now. It was pretty good, i was dying much before moving to corrupted soul based build and almost want to abandon it. But since then it's really cool. Although what i want to say is that swiftbrand sucks on ultimatum(at least for me). Because single stun can kill us, i need to run all the time, and i don't use storm brand much often. With swiftbrand they disappear much faster, so nothing to heal, nothing to kill monsters = death. So i would like to suggest to everyone to remove/swap swiftbrand for ultimatum for something else(no idea what can work well with storm brand as 5th support gem, maybe ele damage?), at least till you are going to have enough damage to kill monsters before too much will spawn.

Regards
"
What can i say about this build till now. It was pretty good, i was dying much before moving to corrupted soul based build and almost want to abandon it. But since then it's really cool. Although what i want to say is that swiftbrand sucks on ultimatum(at least for me). Because single stun can kill us, i need to run all the time, and i don't use storm brand much often. With swiftbrand they disappear much faster, so nothing to heal, nothing to kill monsters = death. So i would like to suggest to everyone to remove/swap swiftbrand for ultimatum for something else(no idea what can work well with storm brand as 5th support gem, maybe ele damage?), at least till you are going to have enough damage to kill monsters before too much will spawn.

Regards

I was actually going to try removing Swiftbrand later tonight for ES leech in the 6L to see if that provides more survivability. I'm about to transition into the Corrupted Soul version, so glad to hear it gets a little better then. Dying semi-frequently at level 89 in T12+ maps, but this is also my first league.
So I'm following your leveling guide to get me through the campaign. I'll spacing to a more defensive build once I'm finished with the campaign(playing HC). I do have a few questions..

Cant I just follow your skill tree for leveling and use TR instead of BF? I've already leveled BF this league but if I should do it again for acts a5-a10 I will.

I'm also concerned with life pool. I waa thinking of picking up a few more life modes than you have selected in your leveling portion. Again soley for survivability.
"
Clockjaw wrote:
"

Regards

I was actually going to try removing Swiftbrand later tonight for ES leech in the 6L to see if that provides more survivability. I'm about to transition into the Corrupted Soul version, so glad to hear it gets a little better then. Dying semi-frequently at level 89 in T12+ maps, but this is also my first league.

Be very carefull about ES leech. The maximum ES per second you get from leech is only 10% of your maximum ES (the base recovery is half that of life leech). That means that with our damage, if you have any source of ES leech on the tree trhough cluster jewel (Storm drinker) or the notable Heart of thunder, you already hit the cap, because our maximum ES is very low.
In case this was not clear: if you leech 0.2% of your damage as energy shield, adding energy leech support and it's 1.5% of damage leeched as energy shield will do nothing. You arleady are at the cap without the support.
The two ways to increase your recovery per second is to increase the ES pool by a large margin (going from 500-1000 to 6000) or to increase your maximum recovery. The first option is impossible with this build. The second option has very few sources. The divergent energy leech support does "Supported Skills have 40% increased Maximum Recovery per Energy Shield Leech" at 20% quality. A 40% increase is huge but the problem is that we already leech so little per second (because of our low ES maximum pool) that 40% of nothing is still nothing.

I think loosing damage to try to get a tiny bit of tankyness is a bad idea. Get more dps so you kill before being seen. That's the only real good option for this build (which is a fantastic build).
Last edited by Rootsmann on Apr 28, 2021, 4:03:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info