[3.13] Fire And Lightning Scion | Lightning Strike | All Content

Hi,

I'm trying your build even if it might be hard as a league starter. But since it's my second league, i don't really mind, mainly trying having fun with a skill i like.

I have a question though about trinity support. Tried to find information on how it works and i still don't get it.
Do i need to deal cold damage to get the elemental penetration / attack speed bonuses from resonances stack ?
(it's a prevention question to be sure i can use the gem properly, otherwise, i'll put ruthless instead or any other support gems that would boost my damage)

Hope my question is understandable ^^
If not, tell me, i'll rephrase
You don't need any cold damage.

It is important to check that you have a somewhat equal split between fire and lightning (since lightning has huge spread, 40 to 60 is fine and probably even higher difference is ok). Converting damage math is somewhat difficult to do, so I recommend checking in PoB. Adding some cold damage is fine as well, you don't have to avoid it. Adding chaos is also fine, as long as it doesn't become dominant.

How it works is sometimes your lightning strike deals more fire damage and sometimes more lightning damage, depending on the rolls. If your hit does more lightning damage, you will get 50 fire resonance and 50 cold resonance over 2 seconds. If your hit does more fire damage, you will get 50 lightning resonance and 50 cold resonance. Once you hit 50 fire, 50 lightning and 50 cold resonance you get all the bonuses you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info