Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

Unfortunatly game is unplayable for me right now since the last patch of improvements. With a good GPU and CPU my maps do not load at all, textures missing all over the place and skills not shown properly anymore.
"
Orcasauce wrote:
If the textures are loaded and then I open my atlas, why does the whole world re-render with the blurry textures again? The full resolution textures were loaded before opening the atlas menu. Would that imply a full screen interface unloads all textures from memory? This happens every single time I've been in Al-hezmin's arena. I'm playing with 32gb of ram, an RTX 3080, and a SATA SSD.

Similar. I can't help but think this has something to do with consoles... Making their game run on a few generations behind gear and us PC users get it too.

Chis basically says it
"
Further improvements to this system were made in today's 3.13.1 patch with the goal of not consuming too many CPU cores on slower systems.

I'll take the old stutter which there was none on my system than blurrrrr...If it aint broke dont fix it
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 29, 2021, 8:58:19 AM
game still broke.

will keep saying until its fixed.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Malmatik wrote:
There has to be a compromise solution of some kind. What I see going on here reminds me of the first of the most recent Wolfenstein games came out. ID Tech 5 had some kind of continuous resolution texture loading with the engine and for me the game was utterly unplayable. I'm experiencing something similar to that with the texture loading not to the degree of trouble I had with ID Tech 5 but a similar kind of graphics load issue. I'm not sure how they (ID) ultimately resolved the issue, I just waited six or eight months and came back to it.

id Tech 5 was radically different from what had come before in relying greatly on the novel technique of megatexturing, where the whole world was draped in gigantic textures of which only the parts that were needed were streamed in. They fought a lot with getting OpenGL drivers to behave with their very unorthodox use cases where they were effectively swapping out chunks of textures rapidly.

It took a while for it to settle with Rage which was an open world game where you often had seen something in the distance giving it a chance to load in before you got close to it. Wolfenstein, being much more indoors and varying I believe had some trouble getting the engine to behave in such a context.
It looks like shit and plays like shit. Where is the "off" button. I never had any stutter pre 3.13. Now I do. Often when running into a new pack in the map it will kill me with delay and I'm like wtf.
Git R Dun!
Well I don't know if you like this answer, but an answer is to reduce the problem you are trying to solve. Instead of pre-staging full res textures, use fast-loading smaller mipmaps initially, and then you will have more drive bandwidth available to load the shaders. Also, compress the shaders and use hand-optimized assembly language decompressors to make them loadable. That will be shit-hot fast.

Unpredictable in-town loading at startup should be completely eliminated by starting in a hideout (default bare startup hideouts for everybody of every level?). You can use the client to create a pre-load list just for their hideout (but I guess you are doing this already).

Hope this helps,

MateoAce
Don't install the newest nvidia drivers, posted 28 jan. They break the game.
"In addition to the above explanation, it's also important to understand that Texture Streaming is the backbone of an ongoing memory usage improvement project that will help make Path of Exile 2 perform well with its higher-detail assets."

Take your time.
I love POE and played a lot of 1000h
But i will delete it soon because Sirus.
I feel as would i run blind through a forest and try to hit around me wihtouth knowing what happens.
I am not a noob but this f... Sirus kills all my fun in this game.
It would be great if you could add to your list of "improvements" that now need to be fixed:
- loading time from one zone to the next one has been multiplied by 5 at the least
- skills like Detonate Dead often create multiple artefacts each of the size of a 2 euro piece instead of the skill animation
- Switching between Vulkan and DirectX has no noticeable effect

I won't speak of frequent events where POE now goes in the "application does no longer respond" mode, game crashes back to desktop and the usual expected disconnects as this doesn't seem to be the topic here.

For the wise guys:
I play with a RTX2070 and have updated to the latest NVIDIA Driver

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info