Terroristic and Extremely Offfensive Chat in Global 1 for Xbox

"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:

[Removed by Support]

I mean aside from implementing auto-moderation, which is something that should be in place imo (If it isn't already), I'm not sure what you'd like GGG to do about it. From what I see there aren't enough people actively using the console global to warrant paying a mod team for it. So as rough as it sounds, if you'd like to use the internet you'll need to learn to shrug off some of the toxicity that inhabits any online game & platform. And by people saying this we aren't "Condoning" the behavior, just like I'm not condoning world hunger by not complaining about it to people that couldn't care less in their day-to-day.
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Mar 4, 2021, 2:01:10 PM
"
iGali1eo wrote:

I mean aside from implementing auto-moderation, which is something that should be in place imo (If it isn't already), I'm not sure what you'd like GGG to do about it. From what I see there aren't enough people actively using the console global to warrant paying a mod team for it.

GGG has stated directly to me in emails as well as on posts here in the forums that they read every single Report that gets sent in.

I know of multiple instances where people have been reported repeatedly, by me, by others, or both, and they continue to spew shit for days with no effect.

At this point, I personally just put them on Ignore after reporting.

And I think that's what GGG wants, they want us all to just Ignore people like that. But that doesn't excuse them 100% ignoring reports, despite repeatedly telling us they read them all.

If Chat is unmoderated, it should come with a warning that says so. In fact, you should have to agree that you want to see it despite it being unmoderated.
[Removed by Support] If you don't like something block the person saying the thing you didn't like. [Removed by Support] God people have gotten so soft these days.
Knowledge is power.
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Mar 4, 2021, 2:01:59 PM
"
QQPQ wrote:

If Chat is unmoderated, it should come with a warning that says so. In fact, you should have to agree that you want to see it despite it being unmoderated.

I haven't seen a single online MMO that has actively moderated global chats. And I have been playing MMOs for quite a long time now. You know what they do have? Block functions, so you DONT NEED to see people's chats that you don't want to. On the terms of you not being able to handle other people being x, y & z I'll leave this for you; ESRB Rating for PoE: Mature. Meaning Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, Sexual Themes, Nudity, Language. So if the types of twisted people that sometimes play these games are a severe issue for you I'd recommend moving to a game that more suits your ability to brushing things off or that deals with these issues extremely quickly as it goes against their rating.

On the note of you being mad about GGG not personally dealing with the situations, a little tidbit from the ToS;
"
Support: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right to make support services available in relation to any of the Website, Materials and Services on such terms and conditions as Grinding Gear Games at its sole discretion deems appropriate and further reserves the right to alter, suspend or withdraw such support services as Grinding Gear Games at its sole discretion deems appropriate.
They aren't required to change the way idiots interact on the internet because you're incapable of dealing with the fact there are disgusting people that say horrible things online.

TLDR; GGG aren't required to conform to your expectations for how MMOs should deal with global chats. There are block functions which'll allow you to do yourself what you'd like them to do for you.

ps. The internet really isn't a place to take things other people say to heart. You're going to have a real tough time online if you do.
Last edited by iGali1eo on Feb 13, 2021, 4:22:30 AM
"
iGali1eo wrote:

On the note of you being mad about GGG not personally dealing with the situations, a little tidbit from the ToS;
"
Support: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right to make support services available in relation to any of the Website, Materials and Services on such terms and conditions as Grinding Gear Games at its sole discretion deems appropriate and further reserves the right to alter, suspend or withdraw such support services as Grinding Gear Games at its sole discretion deems appropriate.
They aren't required to change the way idiots interact on the internet because you're incapable of dealing with the fact there are disgusting people that say horrible things online.

First off, thanks for 100% ignoring what I said and just telling me to grow a thick skin. That's super helpful.

Answer these two questions:

Do you think it's OK for GGG to tell us that they take action based on reports, when they clearly don't?

Do you think it's OK for people to say things in Global that are a violation of ToS?
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
iGali1eo wrote:

"

First off, thanks for 100% ignoring what I said and just telling me to grow a thick skin. That's super helpful.

Answer these two questions:

Do you think it's OK for GGG to tell us that they take action based on reports, when they clearly don't?

Do you think it's OK for people to say things in Global that are a violation of ToS?

I've said multiple times that it isn't okay, calling them twisted and not good people. Doesn't mean GGG can change how the internet as a whole most commonly runs. And I was saying you won't do well without a thick skin on the internet, but you really don't need one if you're smart enough to use block features that basically any given platform on the internet has implemented to your advantage.

As far as your perception of GGG telling you they read reports and you thinking they do nothing; they probably do. But have a process when dealing with in-game reports like that. As someone that moderates and manages some large gaming communities dealing with issues is not as easy as taking x person at their word and insta-banning people. Stuff doesn't happen when you want it, how you want it.
"
iGali1eo wrote:

As far as your perception of GGG telling you they read reports and you thinking they do nothing; they probably do. But have a process when dealing with in-game reports like that. As someone that moderates and manages some large gaming communities dealing with issues is not as easy as taking x person at their word and insta-banning people. Stuff doesn't happen when you want it, how you want it.

You think they have to take me at my word?

Do you really think they don't get a copy of the message that is reported along with the report?

Let's take the easiest example: People posting RMT messages.

I have reported RMT'ers multiple times, and others have posted the same on the forum.

And yet a week later, those same RMT'ers are posting, from the same account.

That is a 100% clear violation of TOS, and GGG either takes no action, or takes action extremely slowly.

And if they don't act on RMT posts, how could they ever be expected to act against those who violating other TOS, such as non-harassment of other players.
Okay so why didn’t you block them and move on if it offended you? The block button is there for an obvious reason.

On another note, do you really think GGG is going to put the insane amount of resources/money it takes to moderate 24/7? You are aware of how many millions Sony/Microsoft puts towards it right? [Removed by Support] I honestly think a working game on console should be their top priority, not “mean words”.
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Mar 4, 2021, 2:04:52 PM
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
TheKTrain94 wrote:
[Removed by Support]. First day on the internet?

It's this sort of attitude (tolerance of intolerance) that leads to people getting physically assaulted for their characteristics or ideology.

There should be consequences.

To the OP, if GGG won't do anything about it, report it to Microsoft. They are far more likely to take action against the accounts of people who break TOS.

No it’s not. Stop trying to tell people they have to be proactive about this stuff, most people with jobs lives families etc barely have the time of day for most of the stuff they wanna do, most people with lives don’t have tons of free time and genuinely have bigger concerns than “mean words”. Not everyone is soft as baby poop you know that right?
Hi there!

I am very sorry to hear your concerns regarding the chat. We do aim to provide and promote a positive community experience.

I do want to let everyone know that we do review every report we receive, from every avenue we receive them on. While we can't discuss what happens to these reports for the privacy of the user; please be assured that we do receive them.

If you are finding that someone is breaching the Code of Conduct as linked here, then please feel free to use our reporting tools, whether they are in PMs, forums, in-game client, and let us know so that we may look into it.

Additionally, if you feel that your report may have been missed, or mishandled, you are welcome to report this to us via email at support@grindinggear.com.

(This is also a friendly reminder to please keep conversations civil! I know that topics much like this one can be a passionate subject. Please try to avoid 'Code of Conduct breaking' behavior such as name calling, antagonizing other players, or being needlessly negative.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info