[3.13] UPDATING... BladeBlast/Bladefall MoM Scion | Tanky | 🌟Nuke bosses 20M+

"
Adrien7 wrote:
back with my 3rd installment :) pob: https://pastebin.com/y1aSGM24

just reached lvl 98 - completed my first ever A9 sirus and it was deathless.

pushing 71m dps in pob - i think i can hit lvl 100 soon - survivability with some tweaks did the job. I still have space to improve my explodey chest thru harvest craft - equipment wise im not too sure what else to get.

followed lots of advice from this thread + had lots of inspiration from larsah and the absolute chads here!!

a few tips:

1) unnatural instinct extension is really great for ur last few levels

2) annoint prodigal perfection is impt too! frees up an extra point (for me) but i still enjoyed the boost of the mystic bulwark nodes

a few questions:

1) just managed to get a trio seal mender, arcane heroism and sap psyche large cluster - should i even bother to equip it at this stage? practiced caster seems to give alot more dps on pob but im a noob pleb so do advise me..

2) should i upgrade to awakened unleash?

3) should i change my large cluster into a lightning dmg one like how some one poe.ninja did? whats the rationale? i tried out on pob and swapped in a cluster of scintiliating idea, storm drinker and widespread destruction - my dps dropped abt 2m but increased mana pool by about 200 - so why do ppl do this o_O

3) bossing and all content is good for me, i clear a little slow tho, but the explodey chest helps alot.. shld i increase the aoe of bladeblast?>

4) also looking for space to add a culling strike somewhere.. hmm

5) if you look at my tree, because i removed the nodes from the templar ascendency, kinda feels like a waste that i started there - any way to change that? or branch out better for passive tree?

1. & 3. Just maybe try out and see what you like the most. Most people just run 2 notables + 2 jewel sockets from their large but I presonally went with the 20% mana, 13 lightning pen, and 10% aoe which is really nie combination. Its hard to get lot of aoe for your blade blast, so everything helps and will drastically increase dps with overlaps!

2. If you can afford, go for it. Imo it's not a very big deal but I do everything to min/max and it does make it feel tiny bit better! Seal Mender is another option, but since I run lightning large jewel, can't really tell how it feels!

3. About AOE. Get it from where you can, it does help alot like I pointed out earlier in the post! That's why I opted to go for 24% aoe as my helmet enchant, dmg is allready there anyway. That's also why Unnatural Instinct is so good, it gives 20% aoe. Can get 20% more from tree without having to go to Templar starting nodes.

Also to make your clearspeed faster. I went for rare boots with tailwind, elusive and onslaught. It's expensive yeah and you loose perma onslaught on bosses without adds - I can live with that or just swap in a cinderswallow instead of quicksilver. And if you want to go even faster, then the obvious choice is Alchemist's Quicksilver flask of Adrenaline. It does speed you up alot! Also having some cast speed should make clear speed feel better too!
Also without Omeyocans you should rather easily outregen permament Righteous Fire debuff for that extra 40% more spelldmg buff, which is huge!

4. Gloves is kinda your most obvious option. If you have currency, aim to awakened 2 eleveated suffixes, in this case elevated culling + elevated faster casting. The blind suffix is not a really huge deal tbh. I'm sure you can live without it! I was just utterly lucky on that part!

5. After some discussion with another player from this thread, he suggested to skip Templar starting nodes completely and path via Forethought area. Imo really wise choice. Frees up couple passive slots for more jewels. Since you can with some ease craft very insane jewels with Harvest, I went for the stack lot of jewel route - it does give big ehp pool, and also up to 27 crit multi per jewel is just insanely valuable.

I'd suggest you to spam lot of Harvests. Get at least 3 jewel implicits with "10% chance to avoid being stunned" It frees up 2 points from Heart of Oak - which you can instead invest into another jewel slot!
Other than that it comes down to check what others do, attempt crafting some stuff and see what you can upgrade piece by piece!
Last edited by larsahh_ on Mar 7, 2021, 10:47:38 PM
I browsed over the PoB and I couldn't tell does this build use any physical to lightning conversion for BB? or is it just the added lightning
"
Ramasama wrote:
I browsed over the PoB and I couldn't tell does this build use any physical to lightning conversion for BB? or is it just the added lightning

No conversion at all since all the dmg is coming from Archmage anyway. even if Blade Blast is a physical spell, the physical portion of dmg is sub 5%.
Dem_Hunter,

Thank you for the absolute best build of my life.
This is the first character of mine with which I've gone and beaten every single boss in the game.

100mil PoB dps on trash mobs and 60mil on Sirus (Although realistically you divide this by your PoB cast rate and multiply by the number of casts you realistically get off per second since PoB does not factor in the time it takes to cast Bladefall, in my case I estimate 2 casts of BB per second)

https://pastebin.com/Ji8ytrVi

The chest piece is absolutely not needed- a 6L Carcass Jack is much much much more than you will ever need.

The regen on this build is insane (Shaper beams and Sirus DIE beams are nothing) and is easy to maintain with the PF nodes and a good mana flask.

Things to keep in mind-
Do not forget to consistently use your buffs and flasks.
Arcanist Brand + Wave of Conv. + Conductivity for easy application of debuffs
Vigilant Strike + General's Cry + The Vigil Jewel + Desecrate for easy 30s of fortify
DO NOT OVERSPAM mana flasks ever or you will get a bad habit of doing so in important boss fights too. In maps it doesn't matter because everything up to and including A8 Conquerors die in 1-2 seconds but the big bosses will not, and you will run out of your mana flask and die. Just press it once every few seconds or use the one that does not queue (I preferred 50% recovery rate)

HP is very important- your Effective HP scales off of this. In my build I have roughly 60% total of damage taken from mana before life, so as my HP is 4k I should have 6k Mana to ensure I have a total of 10k EHP. Any lesser mana or life and I would die to a 9999dmg hit.

Also, increased crit damage is not a good gem, an awakened lightning pen or normal lightning pen is much better, plus penetration is MANDATORY for bosses.
Last edited by EricLightscythe on Mar 10, 2021, 2:14:34 PM
Probably my last gear update of the league comes here! Everything, rare items are selfcrafted and it's been a blast figuring out things and how to approach to make every affix perfect. (Still processing a belt craft but it's very minor upgrade)
This turned out by far my strongest and most successful character, also it's a fun build and I'm strongly considering playing iat again, despite the Harvests nerfs next league. We'll figure out a way to make very strong items I'm very sure!

My setup:
Spoiler

I opted to go for double Liquid Inspiration to sustain Power Charges and have always 3 of them on bossfights to cap out crit to 100% on Consecrated Grounds. also I got 100% stun avoidance from jewels, so I adjusted tree and went for crit chance craft on the flask! Jewels turned out very very strong endgame tool to get insane amounts of crit multi, and a very nice pool of life+mana to work with!

Thanks to the author of the build, and feel free to pm me ingame if you are looking for crafting advice!
Am I missing something or is there no information about what to do with ascendancy points?
"
Am I missing something or is there no information about what to do with ascendancy points?

Nevermind. I am blind
BUILD ISN'T TANKY AT ALL
Last edited by HappyRogue on Mar 22, 2021, 2:00:49 AM
I like your set up.

I came across it while looking for a Scion league start for next league that I can transition into an aura stacker and am using this build.

I did make some adjustments to it and would love to hear your thoughts since you're both more familiar with the game (Ritual is my first league) and the build.

Here's a google doc laying out my leveling plan including the parts of your set up that I'm tinkering with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sCuxweQQ2DNB_W6mZUZypNnARwBwleug1ZeS3C-a1eE/edit?usp=sharing

I'm also thinking about swapping out controlled destruction (maybe light pen?) for something else to crit and create a perpetual Bladefall.

What do you think? Am I missing the nuances of your build to make these changes?
blade blast is getting nerfed. Will OP update this build with new league coming? If the devs didn't gut this build too much I'd like to play it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info