Game Balance in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"Minions
Raised Spectres and Golem minion builds usually outclass other minion alternatives and are one of the most optimal mid-investment builds"

Thank you GGG for telling us in indirect words "F*** y** casual players" !

ED - best starter for last like 5 yaers. 50% ED tricksters according to PoEninja at the ligue start last 2 ligues
"Contagion has had a small reduction to the skill’s radius"
Minions - finally good builds, golems finally competetive to spectres, but have many problems at endgame, even extremly expencive variants. - Nerfed to be almost 3.0 patch "power".
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
"
OrcScorpion wrote:
I think there were better ways to nerf aura stackers such as the lightning conversion from call of the brotherhood, and nerfing nebulous void scepter. The jewel nerf kinda hits 90% of support builds too. IDK why the curse ones were nerfed too.

They had to hit aurabots AND cursebots. All in one swoop! :(
Mostly agreeable changes this time around, it seems. Will have to wait and see for full Ascendancies, as the Trickster nerf sounds lame and new Elementalist still doesn't look too great for a wide range of builds. Beacon of Ruin still needs to be brought back.

Not a fan of the Marty of Innocence and Disintegrator changes - I doubt they'll be considered, or at least not in nearly the same capacity as before for the same builds they were good for, due to the change. If I wanted Battlemage, I'd play Inquisitor now, not use these items. Well, they were clunky before, so who knows, maybe this will actually make them better after all.

Very surprised to see Surgeon's and such get buffed when that's something you've actively been shying away from in the past (wormblaster? lol). Also, how is it that Contagion is getting a radius nerf while skills like Frost Bomb are getting radius buffs? That's not encouraging competitiveness when people are still going to use the skill, that's punishment for punishment's sake. If anything, every skill in the game could use a radius buff, and our camera could use another level of zoom - or am I going to be stuck playing in a 3:1 aspect window until PoE 2?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on Jan 11, 2021, 4:44:16 PM
You guys who gets your builds nerfed, stop support GGG
"
Rather than going over every single change, here are the general philosophies behind the changes

Please tell me there will be another post today which DOES go over every single change. I can't plan my build with 'general philosophies'.
Aaaaah, the time has come. Time to drink coffee and read comments how GGG killed this, killed that...like your life depends on this xD Try something new for a change ;)
Minion fans malding OMEGALUL
Developer of "Awakened PoE Trade"
GGG don't ban this account :)
Some nerfs are boring as usual and reek of removing due to ease then spending time to come up with some reasonable and beneficial.

I'm with others as well you keep tailoring this game for players that to be quite a step above your design is laughable. It's a bit illogical to keep doing this considering some get help from community and that some only play this title with a ton of time invested. No company ever curbs their best and its odd you care more about balancing the game around those few than other legit groups of players that you have around.

Shows a lack of priorities and considering you take our cash would be nice to see QOL or better balancing done then just mostly nerfs.

Nice to see harvest back, don't care for the haters. Having heist and harvest will be nice same for atlas effects.
my barron zombie had gone...now my aurastacker i'm building at standard ... its over ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info