[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Well Flesh and Stone is actually pretty awesome yeah !
Blind + the capped dodge & evasion, good luck for hitting her xD
"
thomzon wrote:
Vei, I was looking at the Raider PoB, and it seems disabling Grace still leaves us at evasion cap. So it actually does almost nothing for us.
We can then get rid of it, unless I'm missing something obvious.
Can be replaced by either Anger (most damage), or Precision (good damage and maybe better Watcher's Eye mods), or Vitality. Or by nothing to give our mana pool breathing room until we get the jewelry crafts.

Vei addressed this earlier in a post I made. The reason it looks capped is because we have both blind applied and wind dancer "hit recently" checked. I think having "enemy is blinded" is fine to keep on the pob, but a more realistic scenario is to look at the evasion without wind dancer's hit recently effect checked. This drops us from 95% maxed to 84% without Grace. Losing 11% may not seem like much but we have relatively low health and hp regen so every % matters.
Last edited by Crystarin on Jan 14, 2021, 12:30:17 AM
"
Crystarin wrote:
"
thomzon wrote:
Vei, I was looking at the Raider PoB, and it seems disabling Grace still leaves us at evasion cap. So it actually does almost nothing for us.
We can then get rid of it, unless I'm missing something obvious.
Can be replaced by either Anger (most damage), or Precision (good damage and maybe better Watcher's Eye mods), or Vitality. Or by nothing to give our mana pool breathing room until we get the jewelry crafts.

Vei addressed this earlier in a post I made. The reason it looks capped is because we have both blind applied and wind dancer "hit recently" checked. I think having "enemy is blinded" is fine to keep on the pob, but a more realistic scenario is to look at the evasion without wind dancer's hit recently effect checked. This drops us from 95% maxed to 84% without Grace. Losing 11% may not seem like much but we have relatively low health and hp regen so every % matters.

Yeah what Crystarin said.

I thought about it a bit more, I think the key here is Blinded Enemies really add tons of evasion for us and base on Crystarin's scenario which is we still have 84% Evasion without Grace and not hit recently but enemies are blinded, I am kind of looking at the following arrangements for starting(It could be modified later when equipments get better and we get to the higher end content)

- We don't take Grace
- We take Clarity, Vitality and Summon Skitterbot

With this it solves the HP Regen and Mana Issues(Until we get the 2 x -9 mana craft) but there's still an issue which I'll mention further down.

Now without Grace we have to prioritize Blind on Hit, to ensure we have that 84% Evade. If we rely on Blind on Hit through Murderous Eye Abyss Jewel, it's a 3-6% chance which is kind of low and another factor is when will we get a Stygian Belt to equip that Jewel since we don't have spare Jewel Slots in our Passive Tree.

Which means we will go for Dazzling Strikes Notable as soon as(1st priority) we convert to Elemental Hit, this will give us 15% chance to Blind on Hit, ensuring enemies get blinded ASAP. Dazzling Strikes is actually still an Ok Notable, not the highest in terms of DPS, base on the numbers, it's ranked after Rank 12. Divine Judgement but before Rank 13. Savagery in my Notable ranking list found at "22. Equipment/Notable Rankings by DPS"

I think this setup gives the best balance in terms of HP Regen, Mana Regen and decent Evade for a start unless someone has a better idea to throw in.

The Issue

Now I mention an issue above earlier, which is actually we don't have enough Mana to reserve all 3 auras, Clarity(L20), Vitality(L20) and Summon Skitterbot.

Possible ideas, after considering a level 20 Clarity kind of barely supports the cast of a 28 mana cost Elemental Hit.

- Use a lower level Vitality(This kind of make the Vitality a bit too low to be useful from the numbers)
- Don't use Summon Skitterbot
- Link Blood Magic to Vitality so it reserves our Life instead, this will cost us 456 reserved life for a Level 20 Vitality + Level 20 Blood Magic and also an additional Gem Slot
- Alternatively, don't use Clarity and use an Enduring Mana Flask

I tried getting Reduced Reserved Mana and its a not a good solution in case anyone is thinking about this.

Feel free to comment if you guys have any other additional ideas and/or found some issues with this arrangement.

10 Boss Fight

With the above setup, in the 10 Boss Fight, since they will definitely survive for quite sometime, we will need to ensure as many bosses get blinded

Two key things here to go about doing that:

1. Frenzy with GMP(Currently not used, we can replace either PCOC or Culling Strike) to help with applying Blind on Bosses.

2. Getting Sniper's Mark on Bosses totems are shooting at. Sniper's Mark has this line of text:

"Projectiles which Hit Cursed Enemies Split towards (3-4) additional targets"

That will help spread the blind.

For references, priority goes like this, Split, Pierce, Fork, Chain, Return.

So in the above case, after the projectile hit the cursed Boss, it'll split towards 3-4 targets then pierce them.

Like I mention, this setup is more for starting out, later on when equipment gets better, we will evaluate again what combination works the best.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Hi Sir, please address the issue of pierce sources in your guide. Theres no mention of how to achieve pierce before getting the hunter influence boots. Hunter influence boots will not be available during the first hours of league start. What do you think about the other sources of pierce?

1. 2 points on the tree to get 1 pierce.
2. Poacher's Aim Jewel (Act 5, kill Utula in Ruined Square).
3. Anoint Piercing Shots on an amulet (expensive: Black + Opal + Silver).
"
AT_Blitzy wrote:
Hi Sir, please address the issue of pierce sources in your guide. Theres no mention of how to achieve pierce before getting the hunter influence boots. Hunter influence boots will not be available during the first hours of league start. What do you think about the other sources of pierce?

1. 2 points on the tree to get 1 pierce.
2. Poacher's Aim Jewel (Act 5, kill Utula in Ruined Square).
3. Anoint Piercing Shots on an amulet (expensive: Black + Opal + Silver).

Hi AT_Blitzy,

My approach for the build, as you can see is meant to be budget(40c) for a start which means going for the important things that lets us do low tier red maps, and at that point of time, pierce is definitely not of the highest priority and concern. That's why there was no mention of it in "10. Budget Equipment Details" but only mentioned in "11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details"

But you have listed a few possible options, I would say if you want pierce early on, can go for

Point 1 - Whenever you feel is the right time
Point 2 - We will have a spare Jewel slot before having Lethal Pride and Poacher's Aim can be slotted in there

or a bit more expensive costing 1 Divine IIRC, if there is access to the craft, crafting the "Projectiles Pierce an additional Target" on a rare glove.

Hope that explains.

Would Gluttony belt be useful for the Life/Mana issue? Plus we have Culling Strike on cursed enemies.
Then we use Frenzy+GMP+Hextouch+Flammability and get Dazzling Strike for Blind?

This is kind of a continuation from my earlier post above

Now I think this might have been overlooked

Tier 3: Non-Channelling Skills have (-5–-4) to Total Mana Cost (Cost 2 Alch)
Tier 2: Non-Channelling Skills have (-7–-6) to Total Mana Cost (Cost 2 Chaos)
Tier 1: Non-Channelling Skills have (-9–-8) to Total Mana Cost (Cost 4 Chaos)

Tier 3 and Tier 2, when unveiling Elreon Ring, if you saw the mod as a choice, I recall it's a 100% Progress towards getting the mod. (Tier 3 I think it's a 33% progress i.e. need 3 unveil)

Even though they are not the Tier 1's -9 mana, they help TONS when you craft them on both rings.

With 2 x Non-Channelling Skills have -7 to Total Mana Cost and maybe Level 1 Clarity(Or a slight bit higher one linked to Blood Magic if needed) plus Survival Secrets Unique Jewel(From Act 2 Quest Reward) placed on the Lethal Pride Jewel Socket(Assuming we have not obtain Lethal Pride yet). I think Mana looks be more managable.

And to add to the above, also don't forget to search for the Incursion Rings that drop naturally with the prefix

+(74–78) to maximum Mana
Non-Channelling Skills have (-8–-6) to Total Mana Cost

Maybe the other affixes on the ring might not be too attractive but hey we can craft some resist/life on these to make them better :)

And definitely keep a search up for Replica's Conquerer's Efficiency for the "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost"

With all these, I think the Mana Issue probably won't be that bad(at least not for a long time)

All Things Considered

With all the above considered factored in(Including the previous post) I think I would like to approach the Raider/Deadeye this way

When starting to use Ele Hit,

- No Grace
- Take the Dazzling Strikes Notable
- Use Clarity (Highest Level) + Summon Skitterbot + (Optional) Low Level Vitality(I think at the lower levels, 2-3 life flask should still serves us well without Vitality but it might be helpful for us to sustain occasional use of Blood Rage)
- Use Survival Secrets in the Lethal Pride Jewel Socket (If there's a cheap Replica's Conquerer's Efficiency grab it and replace Survival Secrets)

As I get more "Non-Channelling Skills have -* to Total Mana Cost" affix, I will start to reduce the Clarity level(Think I'll probably level 2 x Clarity, and keep 1 at Level 8-10 or around there). With the freed us Mana from using a lower level Clarity, I will use the Mana instead for Vitality(Highest possible)

This should serve us well till we get 2 x "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost"

Looks like my plan for now(The next one below could be a nice one too).

trifrost263 shared this idea

"
trifrost263 wrote:
Would Gluttony belt be useful for the Life/Mana issue? Plus we have Culling Strike on cursed enemies.
Then we use Frenzy+GMP+Hextouch+Flammability and get Dazzling Strike for Blind?

Which looks to be pretty amazing to me, considering we have 4+ attack per second, plus I checked the price of Gluttony base on History it's basically a 1c belt on first day.

I think the biggest issue will be we can't really use Flame Dash/Phase Run(not needed for Raider) since we will take damage when we use it. (Will be funny if we die from pressing Flame Dash lol)

Other than that, when facing only 1 Target, it's not too helpful due to Frenzy+GMP+Hextouch+Flammability costing 16 mana and the belt only recover 10-14 mana per hit, and maybe no resist on it but it does has a nice amount of life there for sure.

Definitely will consider testing it, probably only after 3.13 is live since I don't have the time to do testing from the looks it(Update Guide, Real Life, etc). If anyone tests it, would be awesome if you can share your findings :)

"
nathlar wrote:
"
Vei wrote:
P.S. I'll write up the Chieftain one tomorrow, doesn't seems to have much discussion/interest on Chieftain so far.

Hi Vei, and thanks for the guide, would love to get that info about chieftain, because I think that could be a great alternative as a starter build.

Thanks to everyone , love to see how many ideas lots of people have been contributing

Chieftain leveling guide is ready!

Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581/page/14#p23752320

Heya everyone,

After some league start testing with shrapnel ballista, artillery ballista, explosive arrows and split arrows, i am of the opinion that the best way to level this is to just do the classic CA/TR combo. The tree on the right side is very synergistic with this game play.

I will be following this build that i have tested during Flashback HCSSF that comfortably took me to early maps in about 8 hours (all skill points, all 3 labs, capped resists, 4k hp)

The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

Good luck everyone!
Last edited by crimsonraziel9 on Jan 14, 2021, 5:32:40 AM
Elemental hit totem Chietain 4m dps
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info