Star Citizen now has virtually nothing left to offer...

"
I'm surprised how much effort they're putting into the landside combat. I honestly expected space legs to be closer to Eve's 'hey you can walk around stations now, isn't that amazing' than, well, a proper if pared-back fps. The combat is already looking far more involved than NMS', which is pretty simplistic.

A whole lot of early backers consider the FPS gameplay as feature creep.

They expected a Wing commander clone full space combat but got a hybrid instead with watered down features on both sides.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 18, 2020, 4:34:22 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
I'm surprised how much effort they're putting into the landside combat. I honestly expected space legs to be closer to Eve's 'hey you can walk around stations now, isn't that amazing' than, well, a proper if pared-back fps. The combat is already looking far more involved than NMS', which is pretty simplistic.

They expected a Wing commander clone full space combat but got a hybrid instead with watered down features on both sides.

Uh...I'm not talking about Star Citizen, just to be clear. And this is important because IF E:D:O turns out to be more gimmick than genuine evolution, at least there's still a fully-fleshed out space flight/trading sim in play and the space legs bit can be considered a misstep (haha) rather than a complete failure to deliver a core feature, as remains the case for Star Citizen. But what I'm seeing so far has me a lot more excited than I expected to be.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 18, 2020, 4:38:18 PM
"
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"

Uh...I'm not talking about Star Citizen, just to be clear. And this is important because IF E:D:O turns out to be more gimmick than genuine evolution, at least there's still a fully-fleshed out space flight/trading sim in play and the space legs bit can be considered a misstep (haha) rather than a complete failure to deliver a core feature, as remains the case for Star Citizen. But what I'm seeing so far has me a lot more excited than I expected to be.

Yeah. The only measure of success in SC history is the introduction of new space chariots, so the backers get hyped and keep this slow train wreck going.

It is fking amazing watching the biggest critics taking a 180 turn when CIG got them a new toy to play with, while there are no game mechanics yet to accompany these space ships intended purposes.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 18, 2020, 4:47:25 PM
As I shared on the first page, a random Commander gave SC a go this year and his character was having random heart attacks.

I honestly don't think any more need be said.

Is this thread about that game or Elite: Dangerous? By title, the former; by content of OP, the latter.

But if it's about that game, I'll bow out. If it's about E:D, happy to engage. o7

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 18, 2020, 4:59:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info