A good racing game for PC

So I got whole setup a few months ago for the flight simulator game and there are some games which are better now I have joystick. I have only ever played racing games on handheld (don't ask me why because I don't know).

Anyone have any suggestions? I do not keep up with the genre. I used to play Wipeout Pure on PSP years ago. That was fun.
Censored.
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2020, 4:46:08 AM
If you want a very realistic racing game, you could try iRacing. It is a simulator and you can use different wheels.
Assetto Corsa is also a good game which is very realistic and it has great graphics too.
If you prefer arcady racing games, try something like Forza Horizon 3 or 4.

There is many great choices to choose from!
I'm not a big racing-game fan, but that genre has a big selection of games to choose from and its fans are generally true "fanatics."

I think the biggest decision point in making a choice is whether or not the player wants an online, multiplayer, experience or not.

I've heard good things about the Forza series.
Trackmania. Seriously, it's easily the most fun racing game ever. If you like point to point and going for good times. The tracks can be fricken brutal too, it makes it feel great getting them down.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
I've heard good things about forza series as well. Trackmania? Will check it out. Thanks for the suggestions!
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I've heard good things about forza series as well. Trackmania? Will check it out. Thanks for the suggestions!

I did a quick drill-down search on "racing" games on Steam. Sorted by "User Reviews," all the top "racing" games where not "racing games."

"Witcher 3" was the first notable entry in that list.

So, there you go - Steam Tag Racing Game "User Reviews" have spoken!

This world is more broken every darn day... :)

(Any others are, I assume, party games or beat-em-up-racing... things.)
Path of Exile circa 2013.

O-hohohohoho.

Obligatory serious answer because I like you: friend of my father-in-law has a custom racing set up at home (damn boomers and their liquid assets), and I am fairly sure he plays Forza Motorsport 7 on it. Always struck me as the Gran Turismo of PC gaming.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 11, 2020, 6:32:48 PM
"
Path of Exile circa 2013.

O-hohohohoho.

Obligatory serious answer because I like you: friend of my father-in-law has a custom racing set up at home (damn boomers and their liquid assets), and I am fairly sure he plays Forza Motorsport 7 on it. Always struck me as the Gran Turismo of PC gaming.

"Racing Fans" are fanatics... If they aren't, they're not true fans of that genre of game. They're more common, but just as outspoken, than any die-hard "Flight Sim" fan, in my experience. That's probably because it's cheaper to get a decent setup for a racing tame than it is to recreate the cockpit of a 757...

In real-life racing, I just can't deal with those... fans. Say one negative word about their chosen lifestyle and it's as if you kicked their child in the head.

NASCAR - The audience can see the whole race, but I don't know why they want to. It's loud. It smells like stale beer and feet, with the very strong aftertaste of "forgot to pull the garage door up before I started my car."

F1 - First of all, wtf does the "F" stand for and why is it always a "1?" Couldn't they afford the next one? And, who's going to care when all they can see is one ten-meter bit of track at a time?

"Who's winning?"

"I don't know, but these guys have gone around this turn pretty fast for about an hour, now. So, I guess the winner is the first one that doesn't come back."

That racing thing in the streets of some town that is known for having that racing thing- Is that an "F" kind of race? I dunno, looks like rush-hour to me. All I see is my car insurance going up.

Drifting- If I wanted to see bad driving, I'd get married, again.

Off-Road thing: Now, THAT is pretty cool. I have to admit it's got some pretty wild acrobatics and handling going on. Once again, though, I can't see being a spectator of one bit of the course. And, there's very little of the crashing together of large bits of moving metal to act as an attraction. Most of the excitement comes from the commentator's voices, anyway. One doesn't even have to understand the language.

Drag Racing - A large enough explosion could settle every single drag-race.

PS: I've definitely got Covid-Cabin Fever. I'll go to the grocery store or something, tomorrow and get some real-life human interaction. (It
s weird, there. Some lady spent five minutes telling me her husband didn't listen to her and he was out of town that weekend. Probably has teh Covid...)
Same. When I searched Steam I found ridiculous entries. I thought it was me.
I'm thinking will get one or more of these for Christmas. :)
Censored.
Pick an emulator that works for you and get Gran Turismo 2

Formula 1 or F1 refers to a competition class spec for any cars in a particular championship race under the oversight of the FIA (Frenchy International Automobilenuts) committee. F1 comprises specifications on vehicle speed, width, engine displacement and intake system, etc.

I would imagine there's other formulas but they may get less "traction" for whatever reason.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Dec 14, 2020, 3:59:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info