Back to flipping toilet paper and paper towels.

I've been flipping some on the side recently. I caught on pretty early and noticed the front of the trend where people were starting to buy this shit up again, and I hopped on the scalper wagon. People are paying up to 4x retail for the stuff.

I didn't buy quite as much as I did last time, and to be perfectly honest the little bit I'm making from flipping this shit is chump change, but it's still more fun than playing market simulator/path of exile where you put in the same effort for even less gains. So while some of you are flipping digital items for digital exalted orbs, I'm flipping REAL paper for REAL different paper.

Hate the game, not the player.
Last edited by Al_GGG on Dec 7, 2020, 12:01:45 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2020, 12:03:56 PM
I think you and I_DONT_KNOW_WHO_EXACTLY should meet in person and talk this... shit together, dunno over... dinner, or something, make a business plan —better— a grand scheme to corner —and eventually— conquer the market. You'll be a great couple.
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
I just had a DNA test done last month, and some of the results that came back were a bit surprising. Lots of European ethnicities in the double digit %s, but the one that was the highest out of all of them was Ashkenazi Jewish at 38%. It's weird, because it came up on both my mother and father's DNA test as well, so it sorta adds up, but no ancestors on either side, going all the way back to their great-grandparents, or my great-great-grandparents, practiced Judaism.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Nov 29, 2020, 1:03:49 PM
"Hate the game, not the player" is the weakest excuse for exploiting others I have ever seen, but at least you felt the need to excuse it. The need to share it, well, I guess we all have to be proud of something. I'm sure someone is impressed. Somewhere.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 29, 2020, 2:02:18 PM
"
"Hate the game, not the player" is the weakest excuse for exploiting others I have ever seen, but at least you felt the need to excuse it. The need to share it, well, I guess we all have to be proud of something. I'm sure someone is impressed. Somewhere.

Nursing homes are paying for it, lol. I'm talking about the big, fancy, bourgeois ones where rich people go to retire. You figure they got plenty of suppliers for stuff like this, but the truth is, their suppliers are also sold out of the stuff because bigger time scalpers than me have purchased the inventory. It isn't any sweat off their nuts if they gotta pay $20 for $5 worth of toilet paper, considering the money they're pulling in. That's not even a minor blip on their quarterly figures.

I made $500 today flipping stuff, lol.

Had to get a some dental work done at the dentistry college, saved me some money on some tooth work, and the student did a stellar job, so as we were walking through the halls on the way back to the front desk, I tipped the student $200 bones. Even factoring that in, the work was still cheaper than a dentist would have charged me by 33-35%. So I took some from the bourgeois nursing home, and gave a bit back to a dental student who probably needed the money. FYI, they only let the best dental students do any work at the college, like the top of the class. Not the "C" students.

Couple weeks ago, I sold a 5 gallon bucket full of .223 rounds for $3000. Little over 4000 rounds in the bucket. Perfect time to sell on something like that, because ammo is sold out right now, everywhere, especially *that* type of ammo that is used in the infamous AR-15. 4 years ago, I paid $750 for the bucket, and bought 2 buckets, so I still have another 5 gallon bucket of the ammo in a storage locker. Bought them at a yard sale, this old lady had them in her garage, her husband passed away and she was gonna give them to me for $500 a bucket, but I gave her an extra $250. She also sold me a Sako .243 rifle that was worth $1400 for $500, sold it for $1200 2 days after I bought it.

I got all kinds of shit like that just sitting around waiting to flip for a big profit at the right time. I got an antique dresser sitting in the locker that's probably worth 3-5 grand (as it sits) that some rich person wanted out of the way because it looked dirty, and his wife didn't like it. I'll probably have an expert restore it at some point, one of the corners needs to be re-secured. It's all held together with wood joins and wood dowel pins. Beautiful marble top to it, and it also has a mirror and a mount for it on the back. Walnut with brass inlay on the frame and on the drawer faces. The guy I had look at it told me it was probably made between 1880 and 1910. Might get 7 or 8 grand for it if I get it professionally restored.

One of the best places to buy stuff to flip is the Salvation Army. If you know exactly what to look for, you can find antique lamps and trinkets there marked down with a 50 cent price tag on them that could be worth hundreds of dollars. I bought this old ash tray that looked industrial era, looked for marks and labels, had made in Germany stamped on it. It had a rod you pushed down to snuff out the cigarette that was on like a piston. I figured 1920s, turns out it was 1860s. Antique shop owner offered me $200 for it and I took it, because I only paid 50 cents for it. Anything that looks old and says made in Germany is worth money.

You can't say I didn't give something back to the salvation army. Built a new PC recently, and gave my old one to the salvation army, so some poor, underprivileged teenager gets an OK gaming PC for probably $100 that I spent $1500 to build in 2017. Left a note on the inside of the case for whoever buys it to call me if they have any questions about it, or needs help getting it running. Gave them my old monitor as well, it was a 27" Acer Predator 1440p/144hz Gsynch monitor, was a $700 monitor a few years ago.

I've absolutely taken advantage of the shut down, which has given me more time to liquidate some of this stuff I got sitting around that's worth money. Got a bunch of guns, I'm talking like over 50 guns sitting in the locker, and I got someone coming over next week to appraise them. Some of them are antique firearms potentially worth thousands of dollars. Guns are a hot commodity right now, perfect time to sell. I expect to make 10s of thousands liquidating most of these, although I'll probably keep a few. I got too many fucking guns as it is. Or as I like to call them, testicular fortitude enhancing objects.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 29, 2020, 8:38:42 PM
Uh... where do you live?

In where I live in new york, it's illegal to price gouge on necessities by more than 10% of it's usual value...

I feel like this should be a common sense law that is common elsewhere... no?
"
yamface wrote:
Uh... where do you live?

In where I live in new york, it's illegal to price gouge on necessities by more than 10% of it's usual value...

I feel like this should be a common sense law that is common elsewhere... no?

Yes, there are laws like that where I live, but it doesn't apply to toilet paper or paper towels. There are laws that limit the gouging of specific things such as food, but toilet paper and paper towels aren't considered essentials.

It's the horders and preppers who're the ones buying most of this stuff up, the scalpers are only taking advantage of the increased demand created by horders and preppers buying the stuff up. If people want to be pissed at someone, they should be cursing the horders and preppers, because without them, scalpers wouldn't have an angle here.

The same ones buying up the guns and ammo are the same ones buying up toilet paper, paper towels, and non-perishable/less perishable foods like dried beans, etc.

And trust me, I'm going to be sure to take some preppers to the cleaners once I get around to selling some of these guns I got. They're going to pay premium price for what I have. I already got one of these harelips to pay 75 cents a round for 4000 rounds of low-end .223 ammo I paid a small fraction of that price on. And I've barely just got started. Pre-covid, that ammo would have been worth maybe half that much, about $1500 for that ammo. Harelips want to drive the market up by overbuying because they're a bunch of doomsday cultists, then they can pay the New Price.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 29, 2020, 10:34:08 PM
Complaints about realworld fluctiating prizes on a computergame forum with virtual itemization and currencyorbs that also have fluctuating prices ^^

I like the irony :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
If people want to be pissed at someone, they should be cursing the horders and preppers, because without them, scalpers wouldn't have an angle here.

People should blame them both, profiteers and horders. It takes two to tango. :)

We got a real Tony Montana right there.
Forum pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info