Should I take advanced writing in college

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
...top notch. *Snigger*

Well compared to classmates then?
:-)

Therein lies the entire problem of this thread: we have no standard with which to work. Advanced writing...from what? Top notch compared to whom?

Just thought I'd drop by, see if Sol stepped up. Seems not...yet? Just more blame-shifting and excuses.

Ohwhatafuckingsurprise.

Coy is not a good look when you've gone and talked yourself up. But, again, such is the nature of the BS you can get away with online. There's always someone else willing to believe in the wolves about which you cry.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 24, 2020, 1:55:52 AM
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
Why are you so skeptical is beyond me.

Maybe because your story sounds like it was copy/pasted from one of the many clickbait articles that saturate FaceBook on a daily basis. You know the ones; they use large font and double space everything so that they can justify putting in an ad at the end of each sentence. All full of "true" stories.

The only thing missing from your story is where the class all stood up at the end and applauded.

I was thinking 'and then I woke up' but that works too.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
solwitch wrote:

I have a hard time with math, but thank god it’s over. I’ll probably have to take calculus to meet prerequisites or statistics, but that class is not transferable.

You're going to need Statistics or Biostatistics. Not having that background is like playing Path of Exile without a loot filter. An inordinate amount of studies will vie for your limited time, and the basics of stats will let you chop out a lot of the noise to try and find the signal.

As to the original question you poised - If you enjoy writing, then take up the challenge, unless you think the extra time spent on it will hurt your other studies. In either case, good luck!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"

Therein lies the entire problem of this thread: we have no standard with which to work. Advanced writing...from what? Top notch compared to whom?

Just thought I'd drop by, see if Sol stepped up. Seems not...yet? Just more blame-shifting and excuses.

Ohwhatafuckingsurprise.

Coy is not a good look when you've gone and talked yourself up. But, again, such is the nature of the BS you can get away with online. There's always someone else willing to believe in the wolves about which you cry.

I lost interest in the thread after the person posted about this being a canned story copied off of Facebook. I don't know if it is true or not but it ringed true to me, especially without the OP protesting the accusation.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I lost interest in the thread after the person posted about this being a canned story copied off of Facebook. I don't know if it is true or not but it ringed true to me, especially without the OP protesting the accusation.

Well, there's a reason those sorts of stories exist. As in, somewhere, somehow, they were once true.

But, if the OP was lying, no problem - It means they'll have saved me a couple of hours dedicated to critiquing their work for free. Yay!

It also means I won't bother trying to pay attention to their opinion in the future.

Win/Win

So, there's no real downside, is there? :)
Some lessons you just have to learn for yourself.
Sent my 2 page essay to a few, hope you enjoy it... Someone said it actually made them cry. Anyways it’s the original ;no editing etc... Happy thanksgiving everyone, I received much appreciated feedback. Enjoy the holidays!!!
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Obviously it would be a breach of privacy for anyone fortunate enough to receive this incredible sample of writing genius to share it, but I would appreciate their impressions of it, if they'd be so considerate. Else yall might as well just start a private PM chain and let this thread sink serenely beneath the waves.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

I have a hard time with math, but thank god it’s over. I’ll probably have to take calculus to meet prerequisites or statistics, but that class is not transferable.

You're going to need Statistics or Biostatistics. Not having that background is like playing Path of Exile without a loot filter. An inordinate amount of studies will vie for your limited time, and the basics of stats will let you chop out a lot of the noise to try and find the signal.

As to the original question you poised - If you enjoy writing, then take up the challenge, unless you think the extra time spent on it will hurt your other studies. In either case, good luck!

yeah you'll need math forever, and a lot of it. Evidence-based public health doesn't just fall off the back of a turnip truck.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
solwitch wrote:
It’s not about you ^.^ Why are you so skeptical is beyond me.

Because, if taken seriously, your forum stories make you look pathological? I've seen a WHOLE BUNCH of them over the years.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info