[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

"
efun wrote:
"
Bhaal807 wrote:
Hello, I am bothered because I have been testing this build for 3 weeks and I am blocking certain content. For the mapping (t16 A8) I don't have "big" problems, on the other hand I can't survive against Sirus. Almost all of his attacks kill me instantly. Could you take a look at my current build to see if I missed anything on the defenses? Level dps, everything falls pretty quickly with my current equipment, it is really on the defenses that I encounter a problem.

https://pastebin.com/AAeNDBaN

thank you in advance ;)

Chaos res helps a lot for sirus, you are going to get shredded by random degens at -48 chaos res.

Other than your accuracy problem, your crit chance is also quite bad. Getting a sceptre with local crit will help a lot. Even a random one off trade with 35%+ crit and an open suffix would be better than your current one. You can also use deafening essence of loathing to guarantee this mod on a sceptre. The more you hit/crit the more regen you will get from life on hit!

Thanks for the clarification, I will test this.

Hello Noesy,
I'm currently playing the pathfinder version of your build but I'm not too interested in boss farming (a bit easy). Currently I farm T15 80% delirium Harbinger valdo's rest etc ... Do you have any idea of ​​the modifications to be made to the build for this kind of content?
"
MacashPOE wrote:

Hello Noesy,
I'm currently playing the pathfinder version of your build but I'm not too interested in boss farming (a bit easy). Currently I farm T15 80% delirium Harbinger valdo's rest etc ... Do you have any idea of ​​the modifications to be made to the build for this kind of content?

I think the main problem would be AOE. The damage and survivability...i don't think you'll have a problem if you respect the guide.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Wanted to chime in with a cheap way on reaching 52% CDR until you craft a proper belt:

- need 15% CDR boots
- craft 12% CDR on belt

- buy lvl 5 vanilla AwCoC
- attempt double-corrupt for lvl 6 (vaal orb is ok too, but needs more attempts)
- if lvl 5: resell at almost the same price as purchased
- if lvl 4: apply a few 136k facetor lens at 10c each and resell
- repeat until you hit lvl 6

15% boots + 25% gem + 12% belt craft = 52%.
Last edited by Irfy84 on Feb 16, 2021, 3:20:40 AM

Your build is slappin. I had a question about putting additional curse on chest and trying to pick up a curse corruption on gloves. Would that even stack with awakened hextouch? Is it worth losing the ES craft for?
"
Irfy84 wrote:
Wanted to chime in with a cheap way on reaching 52% CDR until you craft a proper belt:

- need 15% CDR boots
- craft 12% CDR on belt

- attempt double-corrupt for lvl 6 (vaal orb is ok too, but needs more attempts)

Facetor's lenses cannot be used on corrupted items (unless something has changed since harvest?). So you would need to level it yourself.

Stygians with cooldown recovery and life don't seem that expensive anyway...
"
efun wrote:
Facetor's lenses cannot be used on corrupted items (unless something has changed since harvest?). So you would need to level it yourself.

Ah, you're right about facetor lens and corrupted gems, I forgot, that wouldn't work. The rest is legit tho :)

"
efun wrote:
Stygians with cooldown recovery and life don't seem that expensive anyway...

I tried that. My criteria for buying a cdr stygian were:

- t1 life,
- one t1 elemental resistance,
- any tier CDR
- open or removable suffix
- ideally, removable prefixes

The cheapest seem to go for 10ex. A belt like above except with crafted/craftable CDR and no influence are around 1ex, max 2 -- I sniped mine for about half an ex -- there's definitely money to be saved here for people on a budget. A belt like that is still well craftable, so it's not wasted ex.
Last edited by Irfy84 on Feb 16, 2021, 1:35:27 PM
"
Irfy84 wrote:

The cheapest seem to go for 10ex. A belt like above except with crafted/craftable CDR and no influence are around 1ex, max 2 -- I sniped mine for about half an ex -- there's definitely money to be saved here for people on a budget. A belt like that is still well craftable, so it's not wasted ex.

Someone on a budget probably can't afford potentially bricking a level 5 awakened coc to level 4 and having to wait for it to go back up to level 5 to sell :p

I think a better budget option would be a leather belt with T1 life and CDR + resists, etc.

On the higher end, you could make a case for running level 6 awakened coc so that you could craft an elder or hunter stygian with % life (or some other desirable influence mods) and then craft on CDR, which may end up being easier to make than an awakener orbed crusader or shaper version.
"
MacashPOE wrote:

Hello Noesy,

AoE is always good to have while mapping. You can get more movement speed by sacrificing damage/life, but I don't think it's a good idea given the difficulty of 80% delirium maps.

"
Dripepeams wrote:

Your build is slappin. I had a question about putting additional curse on chest and trying to pick up a curse corruption on gloves. Would that even stack with awakened hextouch? Is it worth losing the ES craft for?

The +1 curse mod on chest stacks with awakened hextouch, allowing you to use 3 curses.

The crafted ES mod is a good defensive mod while mapping, but it may not be that useful in boss fights because of poor ES recovery the build has. On the other hand, additional curse + curse implicit on gloves (I assume you are looking at enfeeble or temp chains) are useful all the time. You can also use "take 15% of physical damage as chaos damage". After all, these choices have pros and cons, so it's hard to tell what the best choice is.
"
Irfy84 wrote:

- need 15% CDR boots
- craft 12% CDR on belt

While that's an interesting idea, I personally agree with efun. At the time of writing, 6/20 awakened CoC gem costs 25ex (7.4ex for 5/20). Isn't it better to sell 6/20 and buy or craft a stygian vice with CDR?

I don't think CDR belts are hard to craft. You have 1 in 3 chance to successfully hit a CDR mod on crusader slam, and a crusader orb costs only 1 ex now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info