[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

"
Jhonegao wrote:
Hi guys, about POB, the damage showing up on darkpact is PER TOTEM right?
So its better using a multiple totem(30 less damage but 5 totem max) instead an concentred effect ( like 30% more damage but 3 totem max.)?

Yes it is per totem, and POB also knows your max totems summoned, which affects your DPS. I recommend using Multiple Totems Support at all times, but that's just me.

"

Do you think that the Iolite ring that was added with 3.14 would be a good choice since it gives Chaos Damage as its implicit?

That implicit offers 2-3% more DPS for the build, which is reasonable for an implicit. I still prefer +Life or %Life, which also increases with quality when you put catalysts on the ring later. As a backup, resistances are always good and they too can be boosted with catalysts.

For example my ring in 3.12, with quality I got the +Life and Mana up to almost 200. And that was with ~90 resistance, and room for Frenzy Charge.

Now if the ring gave Totem Life instead... BIS!!! :)
okay dmg but im kinda zero tanky, random one shots, this build is no ez 100...

https://pastebin.com/kET53jqC

am i doing something wrong? cant do tributes, way to risky
"
xs247 wrote:
okay dmg but im kinda zero tanky, random one shots, this build is no ez 100...

https://pastebin.com/kET53jqC

am i doing something wrong? cant do tributes, way to risky

Congrats on the chest, you beat me to it! And yes I should probably change the title, since Level 100 refers to me in 3.12 and I know people have struggled with the playstyle.

Quick comments on your char. Anoint your amulet, probably with Ironwood. Increase your crafted Avoid Elemental Ailments from 20 to 25, on both Helmet and Gloves. That will prevent Shock, Freeze, and Ignite, all of which helps with not dying. (think that tier of craft comes from the Bazaar map)

All your flasks could use re-rolling and quality.

You can try looking at my current 3.14 character and his tree, and see if you think that would help your EHP or something else. Can import him in POB under 'BlueeGreg'.

I've hit Level 96, and from Level 93 to 96 I only died once, to a Legion gangbang. This is on T14-T16 maps, chisel alch vaal sextant, only map mod I refuse to run is 'Cannot regen life/mana'. I skip Ultimatum up to two-thirds of the time, since the part of the map where it exists needs to be very favorable. But that's true for any build, I assure you.

I also don't count deaths from the big Maven fights, which I do right after level up :)

Awesome build dude! This has to be one of the best totems right now.

I got to 94 without any issues, got my ring from divination cards very early and ive been cruising since. I do have some thoughts though.

First and most importantly - FORTIFY

I cant stress enough how big a Shield Charge - Fortify is for ultimatums. You press it every 5 seconds once, you are constantly moving aniways so it is not inconvenient and you will 100% hit something because of the mob density, permanant 20% dmg reduction for 2 gems.

STUN IMMUNITY, I feel like even on a totem build, in this small areas of ultimatum, getting stunned is really bad. I spent some points on tree to get Unwavering stance and the life + res nodes near it, we are very close already because of the totem life nodes, its a little inefficient but it has made a difference both for survivability and huge QoL.

HIDE IN CORNER = WIN. In some maps, you are able to stick yourself into a corner, put down Frost Shield / Sigil of Power ( or both ) and just sit there, with totems infront of you to take agro. Just do not take Miasma nodes, it really works! Ive managed to cheese some of the hardest ultimatums so far doing this, and Ive also finished a 10 wave.

Lastly, this build is very flexible actually, as there are several ways to build this. Ive noticed some DP totems going for Mantle setups or LL Mana/ES with Ivory Tower, some are using crafted rares, others + gem tabula/skin is another way.

I decided to build it using Soul Mantle and Viridi's veil, with a Cowards belt for LL. Being able to run the LL instant flask has been a godsend. I am starting to feel however that the Crit immunity from Viridi might become better than Hexproof, as the damage of DP totems can be so high Self flagellation might be overkill for most things. That of course, remains to be tested.

^ This will be more true when i get all my cluster jewels, passive tree might change at that point.

Again thanks for the awesome build, if you have any thoughts on my char please share! and if I come up with anything else ill mention it here
Last edited by Bobirobsan1 on Apr 23, 2021, 2:25:35 PM
Yes I'm holding off as long as I can before trying the full Soul Mantle variant, preferably with a +2 Chest. I know its obviously strong. I'd have to find good boots that also have influenced Ailment Immunity on them, to keep that going. Also lose a bunch of EHP from the helmet, ring, and belt.

But you gain tremendous DPS, so there's that.

I'll try your Shield Charge recommendation, for Ultimatums. Normally I don't use Shield Charge because I found that trying to keep Fortify proc'd, actually got me killed more. But in Ultimatum it makes a lot of sense!

And yes being stunned feels bad, and Ultimatum seems to have a lot of stuns, or at least micro stuns. It isn't much of an issue in general maps or bosses, imo.
No life on Viridi is a bummer, but it compensates with the 'unlucky' to enemies hitting you. The magic ring can also get alot of life on it, mine has 94 base life and 8% in the implicit.

Really the biggest downside is the belt, thats where u simply lose defence wise, no upside but dmg there. Still, my toon has 4.9k HP, 1.1k ES, 1.9K mana

With the above, I was feeling that red map Ultimatums can become hard to recover from, there are just too many projectiles flying and you just cant avoid them in open maps at some point. After using fortify though, thats no longer an issue.

Its a little clunky at first, but then you get used to the flow of keeping it up, and are far safer for it. I might try to use the Ailment immunity arcane surge nodes from the ascendancy, ditch flame dash completelly and just link charge to faster attacks, but i havent tried doing that, might be too much EHP lost.

Hi just building this.

Why use conc effect when it removes crit chance?

also wouldent a Champion https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Champion be good for this build

"
TechnoMulen wrote:
Hi just building this.

Why use conc effect when it removes crit chance?

also wouldent a Champion https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Champion be good for this build

Champion just doesn't have enough bonuses for a totem playstyle, where Hiero gives many. Also Champion starts in a bad position on the skill tree, for scaling Spells and Chaos damage.

Controlled Destruction Support reduces our crit, but does not remove it. It would be a bad gem to use if it did remove all crit!!
I was looking at getting some of the alternate quality/rarity gems and im wondering...I see anomalous dark pact is a gold standard? when i damage deck just in game on the stats menu it is 3,000 less damage, granted it is a 20/23 and my regular is 21/23. would that one level make up 3k? why is one better?
"
TitsMcGhee wrote:
I was looking at getting some of the alternate quality/rarity gems and im wondering...I see anomalous dark pact is a gold standard? when i damage deck just in game on the stats menu it is 3,000 less damage, granted it is a 20/23 and my regular is 21/23. would that one level make up 3k? why is one better?

Anomalous Dark Pact needs to be 21/20, to beat the regular 21/20. It uses more of your totem's life to deal damage, which is why it is better for damage. It will kill your own totem a little faster though.

Since it's so rare and its benefit is small, I wouldn't worry about upgrading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info