Trading, hideout, flasks update

I read the trade manifesto. Does it mean that the trade on ps4/xbox should be that dumb waste of time?
fix PlayStation port
"
inf_1n1ty wrote:
I read the trade manifesto. Does it mean that the trade on ps4/xbox should be that dumb waste of time?

It's a philosophy.

I personally think we can see on PC that trade has gotten too easy, so many items have no meaning.

If they make trade easier on console, it will be the same way.

If you're the type who plays each league for 2-3 weeks and then you're done, that's probably fine for you.

For the players who want to play the whole league, and only take maybe a 1 week break between leagues, it makes it hard to stay interested in playing, after you've got 2-3 perfectly geared characters.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
inf_1n1ty wrote:

It's a philosophy.

I personally think we can see on PC that trade has gotten too easy, so many items have no meaning.

If they make trade easier on console, it will be the same way.

If you're the type who plays each league for 2-3 weeks and then you're done, that's probably fine for you.

For the players who want to play the whole league, and only take maybe a 1 week break between leagues, it makes it hard to stay interested in playing, after you've got 2-3 perfectly geared characters.

I got your point but I think it's better to add content throughout the league rather than make basic things more time-consuming.

Right now I'm going to end playing. Mainly because I've done every end-game activity except delve, Atziri, and the Twins (LOL). The main reason for me not to start a new build is that the trade is to time-consuming.

Hope they'll merge pc and consoles someday.
fix PlayStation port
Last edited by inf_1n1ty on Oct 25, 2020, 2:29:29 PM
"
inf_1n1ty wrote:

Right now I'm going to end playing. Mainly because I've done every end-game activity except delve, Atziri, and the Twins (LOL). The main reason for me not to start a new build is that the trade is to time-consuming.

Hope they'll merge pc and consoles someday.

So you think you'd play the league for *longer* if trading were easier?

For most players, the opposite is true.

They would reach whatever their personal goal is faster, and get bored faster.
I'd say that depends on the player and what drives them. We're not all the same, even in the manifesto (which I just first read the other day) seems to be a bit back and forth over what drives us all to play.

"
The ability to trade any item is a fundamental part of why people enjoy playing Path of Exile

"
Players who don't engage in trade are at a significant progression disadvantage in Path of Exile. However, some people are happy for the game to take longer to complete and enjoy the challenge that comes from living off the land.

"
While this mode eases the situation for people who purposefully never engage in trade, it was not intended as a precursor to us making trade massively easier in the regular game.

They said SSF wasn't created to make trading easier, I feel that that split of league has over time split the player base. Those that want instant gratification play trade and want things now. Those that get more joy from finding the items from mobs and creating their own character play SSF.

Personally I don't get any joy from trading items, to me it devalues the item. If I can buy it, why bother playing to earn it? The satisfaction that I have with my Harvest SSF character and the items I created with the crafting system brought me more joy than anything else I've done.

They already teased the solution for if trading was too easy, and honestly that sounds like a better solution.

"
While that sounds great if you want instant gratification, in reality it means that the second game either receives reduced drop rates relative to the first, or ends up being a whole lot easier and less challenging to achieve goals in.

It already is a whole lot easier and less challenging to play trade than SSF. Let's just adjust the drop rate for SSF and see what happens. If you can build it yourself, would you still want to spend the time trading??

(Note they would need to stop allow you to bring SSF currency to Trade for this to be possible, or the whole economy would be people ripping currency to trade from SSF)

TL/DR: I feel like a lot of the manifesto is out dated based off current trends and most of what they feared is now a reality.
I agree that we all have different reasons to play. I personally enjoy making builds and trying new skills. Each league my build is different from the previous league. SSF seems like the same game but more time consuming to achieve the same goals. Someday I'll try SSF but right now creating strong builds is way more fun.

Also, we all know that the same gear on consoles is more expensive than on PC. Sometimes it's cheaper to craft or corrupt the gear by yourself. On PC you can set notifications if the gear you've searched is on the market. That's OP.

I really think that L1/R1 for 4 flasks and updated trading will make PoE on consoles more popular.
fix PlayStation port

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info