Trade Board Fix Easy!! Let us use your own trade site GGG to search the console data!!!!

Let us use your already prebuilt trade site that you let the PC users use and have an option for it to point to the console dataBase for us console players.

1 console player login to website.

2 go to trade tab... the one up top that Says trade!!!!

3. Now we can use all the sorting features.

4. Have the ability to add an item to one of our 10 trade offers

5 return to console to see the item added to one of the 10 offers and add currency

6 everyone is happy with a functional search engine for trade board

GGG for the love of sanity with every league you add more more more stuff. Now you add more and more variant of the same stuff.... how does the old console trade system keep up?

Let us use your trade site you have already built and is already in use! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2020, 9:28:51 PM
I doubt you need permission you'd be doing them a favor.
I'm not sure what happened but I believe that a similar version to pc was how it was meant to be initially, using the web site trade api
Last edited by PappaHambone on Oct 1, 2020, 3:56:09 PM
I would also love this! Imagine not having to go to the in game market trade board several times to find an appropriately priced item or even scroll through 400 pages of helms to find the enchant you need.
"
RacerXGTR2 wrote:
I would also love this! Imagine not having to go to the in game market trade board several times to find an appropriately priced item or even scroll through 400 pages of helms to find the enchant you need.

Scroll 400 pages and don't find the item you want, lol...

Or find the item (priced), but the seller is never online (:V)
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
"
I'm not sure what happened but I believe that a similar version to pc was how it was meant to be initially, using the web site trade api

They had put such an implementation on their "goals" list, but have never implemented it and, AFAIK, have no plans to do so.

Making money with PoE requires players to be logged into their platform of choice. It's the only way they can put RMT in the player's face and have a chance of an impulse buy.

Moving players off-platform is not in their best interests if they wish to market RMT transactions.

They have, at least by my initial glances, expanded the number of pages of items one can actually "see" in-game. It used to be that for some categories of items it was not possible for the player to actually see all of the items for sale in the marketplace for that class... Was that perfect Gem there and waiting for you at a cheap price in the online marketplace? Maybe... maybe not, you wouldn't have known. :/

I can't stand searching for affixes in jewelry or gems. Page after page of garbage to sift through. But, it keeps me online and that's what GGG wants. :)
"
Morkonan wrote:
"

They had put such an implementation on their "goals" list, but have never implemented it and, AFAIK, have no plans to do so.

Making money with PoE requires players to be logged into their platform of choice. It's the only way they can put RMT in the player's face and have a chance of an impulse buy.

Moving players off-platform is not in their best interests if they wish to market RMT transactions.

I'm not surprised people think this... but you can buy RMT on the official site. You only need to buy your points on platform.
"
QQPQ wrote:
I'm not surprised people think this... but you can buy RMT on the official site. You only need to buy your points on platform.

The point being that initial transaction is processed through the platform owner and they take a percentage cut and/or transaction fee.

Removing that transaction and placing it into some unified space is likely not something the platform owners, Microsoft and Sony, would like. That's especially true if it's contractually obligated... I have know knowledge of what GGG's contractual obligations are with Microsoft/Sony in this regard, but it's certain something both platform owners do with other games/developers.

ie: The RMT happens on the platform where money is exchanged and that platform owner is very likely going to get some kind of processing fee/cut of any sales.
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:

The point being that initial transaction is processed through the platform owner and they take a percentage cut and/or transaction fee.

Removing that transaction and placing it into some unified space is likely not something the platform owners, Microsoft and Sony, would like. That's especially true if it's contractually obligated... I have know knowledge of what GGG's contractual obligations are with Microsoft/Sony in this regard, but it's certain something both platform owners do with other games/developers.

ie: The RMT happens on the platform where money is exchanged and that platform owner is very likely going to get some kind of processing fee/cut of any sales.

Oh, I see where I went wrong. I read "RMT" as "MTX".

Either way, the idea that they want to avoid directing people to the official site is bogus. They already direct people to the official site for the forums, and allow MTX transactions on the official site.

In game trading has nothing to do with RMT at all, and there is zero reason for them not to offer a tool for trading on the main site.
"
QQPQ wrote:
In game trading has nothing to do with RMT at all, and there is zero reason for them not to offer a tool for trading on the main site.

The "reason" would be that the effort and development and maintenance costs for such a system may not be worth the headache when they do just fine with the current system.

The last thing a company wants to do is to throw away money and resources. Unless they're "Google," who rarely knows what its doing at any one time, anyway...

So, putting a system "up the flagpole" to see how well the response is will be a waste of both time and money if it's simply not used by enough people. On console, at least in my experience on XBox, it's painless, easy, one-button, already-paid-for, system. GGG pays for that privilege in some way. And, they don't have to do much other than collect the checks and pay taxes on the returns.

Look at it like "Steam."

A developer doesn't have to develop a whole front-end to act as a marketpalce for their produce and accept customer info and a back-end to process transactions, usually sub-contracted anyway, and servers to distribute their game. "15%" and it's done. Period. Easy peasy. And, "paid for" with perks, too, like customer forums, huge exposure, etc..

Now, let's say a developer lists their game on Steam. Why would that developer ever increase their distribution and processing costs as well as duplicating the costs they're already paying a third-party for gains that can not possibly be equitable? The answer is - Companies that go out of business. :)

Sure, ease-of-use and QoL features and all that jazz are important. But, here, they're not needed. They're in-front of the customer every single second of online play on a console, already. That customer can impulse-buy all day long and literally not have to move any single part of their body more than a few centimeters/inches. Done.

A console customer has to purposefully seek out "teh interwebz" and login and then go to the marketplace and "buy stuffs" intentionally and purposefully to use a PC-based cross-over system. I bet a big part of their console sales are customers impulse-buying... with a few of their lower-class "whales" buying a supporter pack every League because they feel obligated to.

That doesn't mean your suggestion can't or won't happen. It does mean, however, that more decisions have to be made than just "customer convenience." Not all costs in developing all marketing and sales strategies are equitable.

You also have to consider that not all PC Marketplace MTX are available on Console. They're often ported at different times. I don't know how often that's the case, but it's often enough to see consoler's complaining about it. That could be a factor as well.

PS: I don't know anything about their internal back-end stuffs at all. I am an ignorant meat popsicle... So, if it's just a turn-key thing for them to do with no appreciable expense due to what they've already developed, well you're in luck and it's likely they will do it.
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 7, 2020, 8:54:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info