[3.13] Blade Vortex of Hatred | League-start viable | Off-Screen Explosions | All Content |

"
saifoh wrote:
i'm now at 2.6m shaper DPS and i don't know where to start next to invest on to increase my DPS, Can you help? i'm thinking of getting double influenced amulet with +dex and +phys.

https://pastebin.com/xf5PyBQJ

We're at an extremely similar point in the build; the main difference is I did just get the +2 amulet. I also have about 700 more life with amulet anoint, another 20% from tree, and having life on my elder ring and shield. Having the life makes not doing super DPS feel safer.

Amulet will add ~200Kish DPS.

Getting that second Vengeful Commander on the big cluster adds 200K.

Swapping in Conc Effect for bosses gets you another 1.1M DPS. I had to run lab for the mana enchant as the guide suggested before I could do that.

After that you're looking at +2 wand, better clusters that don't waste the skillpoints pathing to Vengeful Commander, and then the super expensive stuff starts, I think...
"
VRCEEEEE wrote:
can this work with dual void batteries til I get a decent wand+shield?

nope.
its probably cheaper to get +1 wand and shield anyways, but don't use voids.
"
I have enjoyed this build quite a bit. Challenging to gear but rewarding.

I have a question on swapping in conc effect on bosses-- I have the mana enchant so it sustains fine, but my cast speed is garbage-tier slow and so it's difficult to move while still sustaining 10 blades. Am I missing a trick to reduce the cast time? I didn't see us take anything on the tree.

It's true that cast speed is terrible but since BV is a spell with duration that only requires specific amount of casts per its duration to deal maximum damage, you can see it as a positive that you can invest next to 0 on cast speed and still deal maximum damage.

if I remember correctly the only sources of cast speed the build has is Elusive (mistwalker) and Arcane Surge.

with Arcane Surge active you can sustain 10 blades while still having ~2.5 second window to move or flame dash to reset the buff duration (can add a gif if necessary), and once you hit the enemy and gain Elusive you'll cast faster and be able to sustain 10 blades easier.

I find it unnecessary but if you really feel like the duration is not enough you can invest 3 passives into skill effect duration (Exceptional Performance)
I am probably not doing a great job making sure Arcane Surge stays up, that's a good tip. Thanks!

Edit: that totally helps a ton haha
Last edited by Jenterrobahne on Oct 8, 2020, 5:35:25 AM
Not sure if its noted anywhere else in these replies but 50% conversion gloves are still possible. You just have to get lucky with a conq slam on temple gloves. I made some today!

"
"
saifoh wrote:
i'm now at 2.6m shaper DPS and i don't know where to start next to invest on to increase my DPS, Can you help? i'm thinking of getting double influenced amulet with +dex and +phys.

https://pastebin.com/xf5PyBQJ

We're at an extremely similar point in the build; the main difference is I did just get the +2 amulet. I also have about 700 more life with amulet anoint, another 20% from tree, and having life on my elder ring and shield. Having the life makes not doing super DPS feel safer.

Amulet will add ~200Kish DPS.

Getting that second Vengeful Commander on the big cluster adds 200K.

Swapping in Conc Effect for bosses gets you another 1.1M DPS. I had to run lab for the mana enchant as the guide suggested before I could do that.

After that you're looking at +2 wand, better clusters that don't waste the skillpoints pathing to Vengeful Commander, and then the super expensive stuff starts, I think...

i got my +2 amulet, i don't know what should i do next. should i buy explode chest with redeemer or focus on getting awakened gems or buying perfect cluster jewels.
"
n3xus2 wrote:
Not sure if its noted anywhere else in these replies but 50% conversion gloves are still possible. You just have to get lucky with a conq slam on temple gloves. I made some today!

That makes a HUGE difference, I guess patch notes lied.
Thanks for letting me know! (will update build soon)
Been investing little by little into my build and it feels really good when running through maps. I was wondering what I should look at doing next to boost up damage. I can't kill any bosses at the end of maps, struggle to kill some rares, if they don't get popped by explosions at least. Feel like I'm missin something :) Thanks for the guide
"
PlasticLemons wrote:
Been investing little by little into my build and it feels really good when running through maps. I was wondering what I should look at doing next to boost up damage. I can't kill any bosses at the end of maps, struggle to kill some rares, if they don't get popped by explosions at least. Feel like I'm missin something :) Thanks for the guide

I stopped looking through your character when I saw the 5L. You shouldn't buy anything other than a 6L next. You can buy a corrupted 6L for pennies.

OK I looked a little more :P the Watcher's Eye should be after the 6L. Or fix your left-hand cluster jewels.
Last edited by Jenterrobahne on Oct 8, 2020, 10:45:36 PM
"
"
Cyberpvnk wrote:
I spent around 40ex in the build and PoB is saying I do around 100 to 200k dps. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if anything, but would really appreciate some help with this.

I cannot fathom being capable of making 40ex on your own without understanding how to read Path of Building and decide what would increase your DPS.

I understand other builds that I have experience with, I've NEVER ran a BV build before in the 4 leagues I've played prior to this one. 40ex is not hard to achieve. I understand how to read PoB. The issue I was having was that the PoB provided is different than the setup in this post, so that makes for some confusion. My friend, who is very very PoB savvy, was even confused, so I opted to ask the creator of the build. Seems it was pointless though, so I switched my BV build to BV Fire and it's been great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info