Could not start the patched client(-1).

Since about two or three days ago I've been unable to start path of exile, the launcher will start and immediately begin downloading a 29.48mb patch with no patch notes showing before reaching around 11-12mb of the patch downloaded and popping up with an error reading "Could not start the patched client (-1)." as shown below

So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling however the game won't even attempt to download any other game files, only to try the same patch again and fail in the same way. I've made sure to disable any firewalls and anti-virus when patching and downloading the game but nothing has helped.
Last bumped on May 24, 2023, 5:04:57 AM
+1 have analogy problem on this time
Last edited by Velidor on Sep 19, 2020, 12:38:11 AM
im still having this problem. any advice?
Forgot to update the thread, solved the issue. Had to go into the path of exile install folder, deleted "Pathofexile.exe" and renamed "pathofexile.tmp" to "pathofexile.exe" and launched, fixed my issue.
"
girboy wrote:
Forgot to update the thread, solved the issue. Had to go into the path of exile install folder, deleted "Pathofexile.exe" and renamed "pathofexile.tmp" to "pathofexile.exe" and launched, fixed my issue.

thank you so much my dude, it worked!

hopefully people can find this solution as well.
bump
Thank you so much! This fixed the issue on my other computer.
thanks its work
"
girboy wrote:

Worked for me as well thank you sooooo much!!
Thanks a lot :>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info