3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

hey guys - there's no way for me to force a good mod on this is there?
"
"

I like to add that usualy it is enough to cast Blade Blast without Bladefall on big packs of trash mobs. Just dash in, cast one BB and the explody chain takes care of the rest. This is way faster since BB cast is instant..

Was BB recently changed to be instant? The wiki says it has a cast time of .5 seconds

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blade_Blast

It is not listed as having the instant tag either

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Instant

No, you are right. I didnt checked the wiki, its just how i felt it.
With some increasement in castspeed my cast time is around 0.23 secs.
And also it deals damage way fast than BF. It also has a lot less coverage, so on mobs which are not close together, BF is still the better option.
"

No, you are right. I didnt checked the wiki, its just how i felt it.
With some increasement in castspeed my cast time is around 0.23 secs.
And also it deals damage way fast than BF. It also has a lot less coverage, so on mobs which are not close together, BF is still the better option.

Thank you for the info!! Learning something new all the time in this game :)
Just got to level 96. I rewarded the level grind with some boss fights.

I did a 10 boss, Sirus AW8 and full 20 wave Simulacrum back to back, all deathless!

First time deathless on this character for Sirus (although most other tries were on AW9, I changed my tree to maximize Zana maps while leveling from 95 to 96).

While leveling I got one good Harvest that fixed the only thing I needed to improve on my Armor.

With Chaos resist on the Armor (which replaced a useless Fire resist), I can now finally upgrade my gloves after I grind a few more exalts.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 20, 2021, 1:55:25 AM
been having a great time with the diadem version of the build even w/ scuffed gear. speaking of which, came into about 30 ex. could anybody tell me what i should be prioritizing in terms of upgrades?
"
unclefanch wrote:
been having a great time with the diadem version of the build even w/ scuffed gear. speaking of which, came into about 30 ex. could anybody tell me what i should be prioritizing in terms of upgrades?

Hello!

I am also playing this version. I loaded your build into POB and here are some random comments. You won't be able to do all of this with 30ex but this list should help you see what can be improved and what you may want to focus on in piecemeal.

1) If you are using the diadem build, you should not be using a mana flask. You could be using that slot for something defensive or offensive. These are the flasks I settled on. It is a great combo of offense and defense

2) Getting the Frenzy on hit mod on the chest is expensive but it is worth it.

3) You are not ailment immune yet. This is a nice QOL for the build if you can manage it. You need 40% more which means just two mods some where. I would look for boots with the 35% immunity and then get the rest when you upgrade the Tempest Grip ring

4) There are some lab enchantments on Diadem that can help our build. Review the trade site to see if any are affordable that you like

5) Don't forget to enchant gloves (Commandment of Flames has good synergy with this build) and boots

6) Your chaos res is low. As you upgrade gear see if you can sneak in some chaos res.

7) Arcane Surge Support tied to Flame Dash does not work well in the diadem build. We get near constant Arcane Surge when clearing already from Arcane Capacitor. You could look to replace Arcane Surge Support with something else. I switched up to Shield Charge-Fortify. Shield Charge is not a great movement skill but having Fortify is a nice defensive layer.

8) If you can get the Cinderswallow with the 50% Stun Avoidance mod, you may try experimenting with getting rid of Unwavering Stance. This will free up 3 points on the tree for you. I have not missed it at all. I would use those 3 points on life/chaos res for better survivability.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 20, 2021, 7:58:40 PM
"
unclefanch wrote:

Some additional things to add:

* You can also 20% quality your support gems. A level 10 quality 20% support gem is better than a level 21 quality 0% vaaled one, and latter is very easy to get. With those gem upgrade you'll see boss fight smoother.
* The elemental damage enchant on belt and coral ring does nothing: it only increase damage when there are elemental damage mods on the corresponding gear.
Last edited by billybob630 on Feb 20, 2021, 2:35:17 PM
"
billybob630 wrote:

* The elemental damage enchant on belt and coral ring does nothing:

I was confused as to what you meant here as neither of those are enchanted but now I see you were talking about the quality.

I agree, both of those qualities are useless.
"
billybob630 wrote:

* You can also 20% quality your support gems. A level 10 quality 20% support gem is better than a level 21 quality 0% vaaled one, and latter is very easy to get. With those gem upgrade you'll see boss fight smoother.

This is not always true, in general.

One small example specific to this build is that a 21/0 Intensify is actually better than a 20/20 Intensify.

For Intensify, gaining 1 level adds more DPS than gaining 20% in quality.

Obviously the best would be 21/23 but those are expensive so if choosing between a 20/20 and a 21/0 one should choose 21/0 in this case.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 20, 2021, 3:11:57 PM
I made some small upgrades to my gems focusing on duration and I now have:

Immortal Call lasting 3.16 seconds
Val Righteous Fire lasting 7.04 seconds

This feel really good when playing...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 20, 2021, 4:35:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info