[3.15]Expedition PENANCE/ SPARK Aura Stack, 50M+ DPS, BEST BUILD IN GAME | 20-30 EX BUDGET VIDEO

"
Dezzo79 wrote:

this should be put on the first post of this guide. i had a lot of problems re-creating the build in standard after the nerfs. took me a few days to realized i was getting one shotted some of time because i do not have divergent determination and the grace aura combo for 90% physical damage migitation.

there has to be a POB for the basic gear set up in this guide imho. took me days to get figure out how to get determination aura into my build (dropped herald of fire for it) because the pob had mana reservation rare jewels and corrupted gear.

eg. basic gear and aura set up with:

all NON corrupted:

2 x CotB
Shav
Nebulis
Alpha's Howl
Prism Guardian
Prescence of Chayula
Maligaro
Doryani Delusion
2 Voices
1 Elemental Large Cluster

with/without lvl 4 enlightened.

without corrupted mana reservation jewels, i cannot even get lvl 20 clarity into my set up. this should be explained in the guide.

I agree that the OP's guide is not detailed. It's more of a, here's the build, figure it out on your own. The problem with aura stacking build is that, if you shuffle your aura gems, it would occur to different mana reservations. So this part is definitely figure it out on your own unless you copy the build as is. With as is, I mean every part of it, even the mod rolls, which of course is impossible. In medium clusters, there are different nodes for mana reservation for different auras. Depending on what you get, it would be a different setup from OP's. That's why PoB is very important in this build. You have to import your actual character then see/test first when you buy something that you can still activate your auras. 'Cause we depend so much on mana reservations, if we have different sources of it, we'd have different setups.

"
Sestion wrote:
Hey guys, i wanna try Ek setup but i never played it before, so can you pls help me with support gems setup?

You should go check poe.ninja and see what ppl are using.

"
ZerathMY wrote:
Hi just want to ask what ascendance to go for scion? and do we still need unnatural instinct jewel?

I'm not sure if it's that important but what I can say is, if you use it, it's 1 less RMR unless you can buy one with RMR which is so expensive.

"
majesthro wrote:
You cant have enough armour. The game calculates with a low hit by an enemy. Go to PoB and set the enemy hit to 50.000. You will notice that your 90% phys reduction is now a lot lower. Thats because armour is bad vs big hits. thats just how the armour formula works.
What does all that mean?
- Dont drop guardian ascendancy.

Nice. Good to know. So, would you say that divergent determination is only useful for small hits? Is that right? I don't know the mechanics between phys dmg reduction and armour. If you could elaborate, that would be a big help. Is it worth using them both? You said don't drop the Guardian Ascendancy. Is it ok to drop divergent determination or should we use both?

"
jan1ss19 wrote:
Anyone has budget pob for like 2000 chaos budget ?

I have a PoB for 11ex (11ex at the time I had the PoB so don't know right now.). Not sure if it'll work for you. The gears I put there are so minimum that others might find so weak. I posted the PoB on Page 20.

"
Pato0981 wrote:
Anyone has a Tip for my Build to get more Auras like Dread Banner in it?

Thanks

I'm using Dread Banner. You can check my char. But I don't know which auras you're running. There might be something you're using that I'm not that's why I can put Dread Banner.
"
_mrkvn wrote:

Nice. Good to know. So, would you say that divergent determination is only useful for small hits? Is that right? I don't know the mechanics between phys dmg reduction and armour. If you could elaborate, that would be a big help. Is it worth using them both? You said don't drop the Guardian Ascendancy. Is it ok to drop divergent determination or should we use both?

I'm not him but I can elaborate if you would.
According to the wiki.
% additional Physical Damage Reduction (from the guardian or endurance charges or lunaris) and armour work separately and can stack their effect up to 90% cap.
Armour mitigates incoming physical damage from hits only.
The physical damage reduction is effective against hits and non-hits such as bleeding.
Armour has diminishing returns as its effectiveness is based on the magnitude of incoming physical damage.

According to the POB.
With divergent determination I have about 21000 armour.
Without the guardian I have:
90% phys reduction against ~500 damage hit.
78% phys reduction against ~1000 damage hit.
With the guardian I have:
90% phys reduction against ~4000 damage hit.
78% phys reduction against ~7000 damage hit.

So I think it's definitely worth using divergent determination anyway. But as for "guardian vs inquisitor" choice it needs to be tested. The question here is what average damage can monsters deal.
I feel like I'm missing something, because even when I have all my auras up I'm struggling to reach 90% - I'm sitting at 71% DR with all my auras.

https://pastebin.com/RLe7wp3a

Do I just not have enough % on jewels? I realize that I need to level a lot of my gems and my character, but I have both grace and div determination socketed into Alpha's Howl and am sitting at 9.2k armor.
"
Ruderatus wrote:
Without the guardian I have:
90% phys reduction against ~500 damage hit.
78% phys reduction against ~1000 damage hit.
With the guardian I have:
90% phys reduction against ~4000 damage hit.
78% phys reduction against ~7000 damage hit.

I know I'm missing something but why does it matter how much hit you're taking if you're already have 90% phys dmg reduction? What I mean is, if you have 90% phys dmg reduction and you're about to take 10,000 dmg hit, then you will only take 1,000 regardless of your armour, right? And no matter what the dmg is, be that a million, you'd receive 10% of it. The assumption here is that I have 90% phys dmg reduction without the benefit from armour.

In other words, if I already have 90% phys dmg reduction, without armour, then what would armour from div determination benefit me?

(All of the above are just example and not actual figure from my char)

I know I'm wrong but can you explain? Please bear with me. Lol. Still learning here. Cheers!
"
thrawn8586 wrote:
I feel like I'm missing something, because even when I have all my auras up I'm struggling to reach 90% - I'm sitting at 71% DR with all my auras.

Do I just not have enough % on jewels? I realize that I need to level a lot of my gems and my character, but I have both grace and div determination socketed into Alpha's Howl and am sitting at 9.2k armor.

PoB has negative unreserved mana. Cluster jewels are not allocated. If you can fix it to actually reflect your current build, that would be easier to check.

Cheers!
Is this build like a "budget" version of aura stacking?
"

I don't know how to answer this. If you're asking if this is a different aura stacking build, no it's not. If you're asking if you can start with low budget, that would be relative. I started with 10ex-ish with this build. PoB on page 20, IIRC. That was 10ex-ish at the time. Don't know now.

Aura stacking build will always be the same. Stacking auras with medium clusters, unless of course there's a new way to stack auras without clusters. It's flexible depending on how you want to play it. But probably the answer to your question is no. You can start with "budget" but this is not a "budget" version 'cause there's no "budget" version, if that makes sense.

Cheers!
"
_mrkvn wrote:

I know I'm missing something but why does it matter how much hit you're taking if you're already have 90% phys dmg reduction? What I mean is, if you have 90% phys dmg reduction and you're about to take 10,000 dmg hit, then you will only take 1,000 regardless of your armour, right? And no matter what the dmg is, be that a million, you'd receive 10% of it. The assumption here is that I have 90% phys dmg reduction without the benefit from armour.

In other words, if I already have 90% phys dmg reduction, without armour, then what would armour from div determination benefit me?

(All of the above are just example and not actual figure from my char)

I know I'm wrong but can you explain? Please bear with me. Lol. Still learning here. Cheers!

Alright. How many actual phys damage reduction can we have without armour? Let's say we have aura stacker with 4x aura effect and 15 auras. So each aura gives us 4% phys damage reduction (guardian). In that case we have:
15*4% = 60 % from the permanent auras
4% from the smite temporal aura
3*4% = 12% from the endurance charges
At best we can have 76% phys damage reduction without armour.
It is decent number but If we have less auras, less aura effect, no endurance charges then physical damage will gives us a lot of trouble.
Armour will help to cap our phys damage reduction even if it's not very effective against big hits.
"
_mrkvn wrote:
"

I don't know how to answer this. If you're asking if this is a different aura stacking build, no it's not. If you're asking if you can start with low budget, that would be relative. I started with 10ex-ish with this build. PoB on page 20, IIRC. That was 10ex-ish at the time. Don't know now.

Aura stacking build will always be the same. Stacking auras with medium clusters, unless of course there's a new way to stack auras without clusters. It's flexible depending on how you want to play it. But probably the answer to your question is no. You can start with "budget" but this is not a "budget" version 'cause there's no "budget" version, if that makes sense.

Cheers!

That was a great answer that solved my question. About the "budget" version i was meaning compared to ie: This build because i can see how much expensive is compared.
"
_mrkvn wrote:
"
thrawn8586 wrote:

PoB has negative unreserved mana. Cluster jewels are not allocated. If you can fix it to actually reflect your current build, that would be easier to check.

Cheers!

OK my bad, was unsure how POB reflects that. Either way I figured it out - I was running 6x 4 medium aura clusters, and did not realize how important the extra 2 small passives were.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info