Was chased by a scorpion... Never knew these bastards are that aggressive.

I love the desert. No bugs really compared to wet areas. I go to death valley quite often like once a month and camp and race/ride - glamis Ca is pretty well known desert hot spot but I go lots of places in death valley too... anyway, never seen a scorpion or anything else really...couple lizards which I assume eat bugs like scorpions but I never seen one. I'd like to move to the hot desert one day...assuming I can get water and A/C.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 8, 2020, 7:44:40 AM
Just a reminder, desert varmints seek shelter and water wherever they may find them. So if you do move to the desert, your comfortable shelter and running water are going to attract...varmints.

You'll become acquainted with its Gila monsters, chuckwallas, and 4 species of rattlesnakes, as well as 3 species of scorpions, 2 tarantulas, black widows, and whipscorpions which run really fast and look like something you drew in third grade after watching Aliens.

Things one doesn't see very often when just trekking through during the day; but if you give them a welcome mat, they'll oblige.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Have a neighbor, so awesome he’s Native American and teaching me what to kill and what to keep. So I asked him about the huge red ants, not many but they run around my front yard. He told me to not kill them, he said they’re called harvester ants.

They do a few things, clean my yard, keep termites away, annoy rodents and snakes but most importantly aerate the soil. So I took 15 minutes to observe them, they ignore me and they are funny. You can see them picking up the dead bugs and taking them to their burrow.

Their sting and bite will hurt but I noticed they completely ignore unless I’m in their way they just walk around me.

Essentially he’s teaching me to work with nature not against it...

Edit: Almost forgot the invasive argentine ants are killing the native ants like the harvestor so I check my buddies to make sure they’re okay. He told me to seek and destroy fire ants they’re are a nuisance.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jul 8, 2020, 5:49:54 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
Have a neighbor, so awesome he’s Native American and teaching me what to kill and what to keep. So I asked him about the huge red ants, not many but they run around my front yard. He told me to not kill them, he said they’re called harvester ants.

They do a few things, clean my yard, keep termites away, annoy rodents and snakes but most importantly aerate the soil. So I took 15 minutes to observe them, they ignore me and they are funny. You can see them picking up the dead bugs and taking them to their burrow.

Their sting and bite will hurt but I noticed they completely ignore unless I’m in their way they just walk around me.

Essentially he’s teaching me to work with nature not against it...

Edit: Almost forgot the invasive argentine ants are killing the native ants like the harvestor so I check my buddies to make sure they’re okay. He told me to seek and destroy fire ants they’re are a nuisance.

"Harvester ants, they're harmless. For everything else...

" --Your Native American friend

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info